ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172's 7 years of progress

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Just been trawling Imageshack.

She used to be cleaned every week, clayed and sealed regularly.
pdr0014iw8.jpg

pdr0016tu5.jpg

Then Doncaster_K9 bought it off of me for £1,200 after the head gasket went the day I picked up my first M3.

He fitted a new engine amongst other bits like solid engine mounts, Cobra Daytonas etc. He then bought a 182 so I bought her back for £1,000 last April. Bargain I thought given the work he'd done, what was fitted and the mileage at 85k.

And now she looks like this. No where near finished. After last years track days there was a lot I wanted to do before taking her out again. Cage feet being welded in in the next couple of weeks, Cup alternator setup to fit, ABS to remove and Cup Racer brake lines and bias valve to fit.

imageqsz.jpg

photomar10163056.jpg

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Thanks Guys

Looked sweet back in the day dude! It looks a different kinda cool now - very purposeful!
I loved it back in the day. I always wanted to do this, I just couldn't bear to rip it to pieces when it looked like that. Then Phil violated it so I had no hesitation!

Eyelashes? Lol
Lol. It was a charity track day with loads of pictures being taken so thought why not! Never on the road!

Looks like a different car.
It practically is Dave lol. I daren't add up the £1,000's I've spent on it since last April.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Iceburgs ftw ;) I like to try and keep mine between your cars two phases :p Drivable as a daily but still use-able on track.