ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182. Few questions.

Artic Blue 182 FF
Hi everyone. I bought my 182 FF in artic blue a couple of weeks ago and iam liking it alot, not very quick but its a real nice car. But i have a couple of questions about it.

1. The clutch seems to me to be quite heavy, heavier than the paddle clutch i had in my Ibiza. But i have read this is quite normal?

2. The idle seems a little lumpy sometimes, but iam well aware that the aircon etc and different engine loads will affect this, but is this a fault or just a characteristic of the engine.

3. Sometimes the rev limiter cuts in before the redline, the coolant is always up to temp before i attempt this, but i was wondering if its protecting itself until the oil is up to temp?

4. Can anyone recommend a decent cheapish set of speakers to replace the standard items.

5. Mine has the spoiler Cup pack but not the suspension, but i would like my wheels in the cup colour as mine need refurbed anyway, is there a paint code to get the right colour?

Thanks for any input.

Regards

Matt

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
1) Normal
2) Idle lumpy for 1st few mins in all of them, related to emmsions testing
3) Yep, takes a bout ten mins in mine

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
5 - answer to this has been posted somewhere on here before - maybe in the guides?

1) Its quite normal try another Clio for comaprison

2) Depends how bad it is

3) Yep work on oil not coolent temp

Artic Blue 182 FF
Thanks all. The lumpy idle isn't bad at all, but with being a technician for mercedes iam used to smoooooothness. lol

EP3 Civic Type R
But then again I had a Fiesta Turbo with about 170bhp and the Cup still compares to that and is still just as fun.

Not very quick- pah!

Artic Blue 182 FF
My previous car was a 2001 Ibiza Cupra. And when i had finished it had 370 BHP and 350 IBS/FT.

So the clio feels slow in comparrison was what i meant. Thanks for the info guys.

Here is the ibiza on the dyno, gives you an idea of what it was like.

th_GT2871RDynoRun.jpg