ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182s first ever detail

Clio 182
Ey up
After having her for a few weeks and with some hours to kill today i decided to set about giving the 182 a clean up and a "detail." I'm a complete amateur at all this but anyway. I put in my LED side light and reg LED bulbs in and got to work. The engine bay needs a load of work, I'd like to get round to to painting the inlet and gaurd so any advice on whats a good paint to use would be appreciated Any tips on detailing would be a good help too

Cheers
Brodie

20161008_130406_zpsq7dvdnme.jpg

20161008_135358_zpsxv7lnt0a.jpg

20161008_131212_zpsuiqrfl2c.jpg

Snapchat-8428605507068288193_zpsyo18viwz.jpg

20161008_143905_zpsnq8qc73p.jpg

20161008_144058_zps2d5sgzoh.jpg

20161008_151254_zps7tfvkhwl.jpg

20161008_151716_zps4ouopgb0.jpg

20161001_154635_zpskfxzedvj.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was curious as it looks great lol.

Yeah there are different sponges etc you can buy. Will find a link to a popular one

Clio 182
I used
Carplan shampoo and wax with a micro fibre sponge
Autoglym wheel cleaner (wont be using it again)
Autoglym resin polish (i think thats the name)
Autosol polish on the exhaust
Rainex on the screen and windows
Some generic interior/ bumper cleaner on plastics and interior

Ive also got some meguirs plastic x to try get some life back into the headlights havent got round to that yet though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Good stuff. If you want to get into detailing which can be a slippery slope have a nose in the detailing thread. Chances are you wont be using the above again lol. Although I like the super resin polish. There's lots of stuff to try. The plastic x stuff won't improve the lights in my experience. There's a 3m headlight restoration kit for about £20 thsr great, need a drill though.

Clio 182
Haha thats my problem i know what im like give it a month ill stocked up on all sorts ill have a look into the 3m cheers, any other decent products you can recommend/use? Im a big fan of the resin polish

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
There's quite a bit you can do before the polishing stage.

I'm tired lol but briefly

Fallout remover, I use red 7 by autosmart, will remove tar etc, you will be amazed how much stuff comes off a 'clean' car.

Clay bar. Lifts and removes contaminants off the car, leaving the paint cleansed to apply polish, glaze, wax.

Polishes, lots to pick from, super resin polish has quite a bit of cut which helps if the car needs bringing back to life. Auto finesse tripple is a nice polish, @Phase1sr i think has a bottle for sale.

Have a good read through the detailing section, lots of great info and people to help out.

Hope that helps a touch

Clio 182
Ah awesome ive got a autoglym tar/bug remover and used a claybar on my s**t box corsa before it got sold, is it good to wax after its been polished then? Does that "seal" it?