ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 197 project

CRS 197
Hi all :D

I just want to share with you guys my project, as you can give me some good advice for sure.

I started with this Clio Sport, very basic spec, with 6.000 miles on it:

4409257930_1fd8926c4f_b.jpg

4426097300_ce8144b8c6_b.jpg

4426319129_ae501c7c64_b.jpg

DSC_9640.jpg

I have done a couple of things to the car:

-I changed interior lights to white
-Silver vent surrounds
-Rickbrook gearknob

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0462.jpg

I'm getting a couple bits to fit them to my car as

-"Jase" splitter

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

21609005.jpg

Rear spoiler (not the cup one)

217_07016.jpg

Momo Race steering wheel

150479d1229094386-timones-momo-nuevos-momo-race.jpg

I don't know if I will put this one, as the standard one is pretty good, and not having steering wheel airbag means police tickets of 150 € (ouch)

Also, got some H&R coilovers that are broken, and I am going to get them revalved to hardcore race spec. I don't have a picture of the coilovers as I didn't received them yet.

The car is going to get its setup for circuit only, corner weighted and all that stuff. I hope that it gets way better than with the standard suspension (not cup one) because this was happening to me in circuit:

_1018115.jpg

Pretty bad, huh?

I got a spare set of clio subframes to mount some seats, as the Recaros are impossible to find, and if you find them they are going for silly money (more than retail price when you buy the car (here in Spain 1000 pounds) and that's used ones and with you seats in exchange. Also, as I've seen they wear really fast and are heavier than standard ones, so I thought about EVO IX seats:

Evo_IX-05-L.jpg

These seats don't fold, but it doesn't matter as is going to be stripped "a la" R26R, the whole rear carpeted and not a single piece of metal shown but no cage as in only adds weight (and that's another 150 ticket from the spanish police. Not good at all.

Also started stripping the sound deadening, one day opened the boot and saw the boot floor was pretty hot, and started peeling the sound deadening really easy. The center one the is behind the carpet weight 1 kg, I think that's a lot for a 30x30 piece of sound deadening. I now have to find where's the rest of it.

I also ordered new slicks from Fedima, a Spanish company that sells new slicks at a really cheap price, 400 € for all 4 of them. Looking at what normal tyres cost (normal ones, not chinese crap) I think is worth the money, as I went though 2 tyres in 2 trackdays, and at 125/€ per tyre I prefer proper race slicks.

Slicks.png

I also have a couple of things to do:

-Heatwrap the exhaust manifold
-1 exit exhaust (just to save weight, as not a lot of people see power gains with exhausts on the 197)
-Raise the gearbox assembly 10 cms with shorter throw
-Bigger DBW throttle body (is in testing proccess (sp?))
-Matched inlets and matched face to the head
-Clio V6 or Clio R3 2009 airbox (with the corresponding relocations of battery to the boot)
-Custom remap (having to do this in Spain is going to be a pain in the arse)
-Some decent interior mats
-Clio cup sway bar
-Clio 200 cup steering rack (7,5% quicker) and hopefully this will be for free as I have to change the steering rack in warranty
-And a lot more things that will come along the way.

I just got the car 4 months ago and I think i'm going the right direction

Hope you like it, and any comment is welcome ;)

Cheers

Last edited: