ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1st attempt at spraying bullets, badge and gear knob insert

Inferno 225 cup
Thought I'd post up and thread of what I've done,

.Sanded down using various grit paper
.primed using grey primer
.sprayed using Peugeot steel grey.

I must say I'm over the moon with the turn out.

Heres the pics

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

6e0c5b18.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

7ab9820b.jpg

C+C Welcome

Hope you like

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Looks good mate. Door bullet looks like you could of done a heavier coat of clear so it's a tad more smoother. BUT for a first attempt, that's a pritty decent job there :)

Inferno 225 cup
Looks good mate. Door bullet looks like you could of done a heavier coat of clear so it's a tad more smoother. BUT for a first attempt, that's a pritty decent job there :)

Ive not done clear yet bud that's the 4th go over with steel grey soon as they dry I'll be doing the clear coat.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Make sure you lacquer them in a very well ventilated area,
I did my first badge on the back porch with the door open and I still got a splitting headache that lasted all night,
so I did the rest outside as I was using Halfords lacquer and it stinks.

Solvent highs are horrible and hurt like hell.

Also apply very light coats of lacquer to begin with as it can dissolve the paint
and make it run if you give it too much of a blasting.

Inferno 225 cup
I'm using the conservatory thats not in use with 8 windows fully open.

Im just about to laquer now so will do it thinly and evenly.

Thanks for comments chaps.

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
As said, needed a more even coat of lacquer, orange peel effect, but fair play for first effort!
Saying that get some 1200 wet and dry, take it back a little and polish it up.
Will look 100% better.

Inferno 225 cup
As said, needed a more even coat of lacquer, orange peel effect, but fair play for first effort!
Saying that get some 1200 wet and dry, take it back a little and polish it up.
Will look 100% better.

Since the pictures of done 2 more coats of laquer and will do a couple more depending on how they look when dry, if look the same I'll take the advice Of what you said about 1200 wet/dry and polish up.

Cheers

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I would go 1500 wet and dry seems as they are small parts tbh. But need a good 2 days to harden up before you attack it with sand paper. All depending on the finish if your happy with it and what not :)

Inferno 225 cup
For my first attempt and how shocking the lad did them before me owning the car, which was truelly shocking and looked loads better off sanded.

Ive not got the grade sandpaper/grit paper until it arrives
midweek, so will see what they look like when hardened.

Thanks for advice the chaps, much appreciated as to I know nothing about prepping, spraying but I have to say after done it that it's down to the prepping.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I had no clue what I was doing when I started to spray my badges,
but with research on here and a few f*ck ups, I got them all finished to a standard I was happy with.

These's nothing like f*cking one of them up 3 times and having to start all over again
to teach you how it's done properly. :eek: lol

If I was to do it again i'd find it alot easier, but I doubt i'd get a better finish than i've got now tbh.

Inferno 225 cup
I had no clue what I was doing when I started to spray my badges,
but with research on here and a few f*ck ups, I got them all finished to a standard I was happy with.

These's nothing like f*cking one of them up 3 times and having to start all over again
to teach you how it's done properly. :eek: lol

If I was to do it again i'd find it alot easier, but I doubt i'd get a better finish than i've got now tbh.

Conpletely correct I smudged one and had to start from scratch.....:(

But like you say, learn from your mistakes

Inferno 225 cup
Right then, I did a last cost o laquer this morning and this is the finish on the diamond and bullet.

72b21aef.jpg

a0e110c2.jpg

I take some better photos with my 450d later as the I phone pics do not do any favours.....but like I said 1st attempt and a few lads advice on here and I really am impressed and want to do more things now, and will be having my wheels don't in the same colour as I love the finish.

Cheers lads

Jacob

Inferno 225 cup
Cheers for the links guys, I've got a good mate who does decals and graphics, he did my detailing logos on my car.

Cheers tho fellas

Inferno 225 cup
I've just put the diamond on but reckon I'm going to take it off and put them all on once cleaned?? But the next time I clean it, it will be a 2day detail for fcs so might keep them off till then??

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks like a decent job for a first attempt mate. I want to spray my badges and bullets. Not sure what colour though yet. Got a carbon wrapped diamond at minute which my mate done for me. That looks good tbh.

Good choice of colour though. You going to do the dash strips too?

Inferno 225 cup
Looks like a decent job for a first attempt mate. I want to spray my badges and bullets. Not sure what colour though yet. Got a carbon wrapped diamond at minute which my mate done for me. That looks good tbh.

Good choice of colour though. You going to do the dash strips too?

Thanks mate

They are already arctic blue chap, other wise they would of been done :( ha

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ah I see. Do they look good arctic blue? I want to do mine that colour. Upload a pic if you don't mind. Cheers mate.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Cheers mate. I think that is now on the to do list.
Bullets
Dash strips
Gear insert

Keep up the good work ;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That looks fapping awesome!

My old mk2 had the numbers indented into it. I wasn't aware they came smooth

My mk2 1.2 had indented numbers on it too. It was base spec though? My mates dynamique had the smooth one and his was same age as mine.

Here's my gear insert as it is now. Horrible :(

6d9a443a-f17f-67f8.jpg

Inferno 225 cup
Can anyone advise mme on the best way and paints to spray engine cover, can I do the process as I did on the bullets and badge or do I need a high temp paint?

Cheers Jacob