ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1st Car

OK passed test on wednesday and looking to buy a new car was thinking polo but changed my mind due to bad stories about it. Was tinkin maybe a clio anywere from 02 plate upwards if possible as parents r buying it and paying first year insurance dnt want to go any bigger than a 1.2 at the moment but so if you guys could tell me anything bout clios tht would b help like Handling, Reliability, good on fuel etc

BMW M3
The 1.2 16v is a nippy little car mate and should do you nicely for a 1st car. Id be over the moon if id got one only days after my test... luckly i didnt as I wrote off my first car only 3 weeks after passing lol... lesson leant.

Handling is spot on for a little supermini, fuel economy is good (40-50 mpg i think) and reliability can sometimes be dodgy... but its usually only little electrical probs and ofetn we can give the fix on here as their common. Dont break down alot though if thats what you mean.

Just dont go for the 8v... just a little too slow.

So i would say, 1.2 16v Dynamique is what i would recommend. Has a decent spec on it.

Edit: Just noticed its not your 1st car.... still, should do nicely.

Double Edit: You passed your test yesterday and this is your 2nd car ... nice ! lol

i got a 02 plate black 1.2 16v dynamique/extreme.... awesome first car. not sure theres much better for similar money/engine size etc....

as justin said, handling is spot on. silly little problems but i wouldnt say they have any major issues

i have a 1.2 16v for my first car, its a good drive compared to mates cars ive driven of the same age, which were suzuki swift's, fiestas and 206's

not sure lad... my 1st year on my own name, 17yr old just passed test, with a 2005 1.2 16v was £1950, renewed yesterday, still under my name, just a year on it was £760. i was happy.