ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2 Test drives this weekend!

One in a 182 with Cup Pack.

Very nice car, but before the test drive i was positive i wanted a genuine cup. After seeing the climate c and seats i decided a 182 with cup pack was the one for me :D I will say i was expecting it to feel faster but i guess its just the illusion caused by it feeling a bigger well built car.

Overall very impressed and i will be ordering one after xmas but NOT from the renault dealer who wants me to pay £15,200!

The second was in a Megane 225. Very compfy and quick in a straight line, didnt feel very sure footed on the bends but after small nimble hot hatches i suppose it wont. £20,000 the Renault dealer wanted. Ive seen them for around £16,000 brand new!

If you order from the carselect (lloyds) website does anyone know if you can specify a 182 with full cup pack in inferno?

Ta

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I think youve just proved what everyones been saying about the 182 v 182Cup :)

As for the Meg225, I think people are not buying as many as Reno hoped. I mean Omar had a 182, swapped it for a 225 and is now going back to a new 182 etc as well as having trouble shifting the meg for 13k!!!!

Ive always been "hard core stripped out is better" but have definately changed my mind.

As someone on here said, the 172 - 172CUP difference was worth it. The 182 - 182CUP difference is not!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I think the Maganne 225 will make a good 2nd hand buy in about 2 years time!

Especially if the likes of BB tuning start developing mods for it.

106 GTi

Quote: If you order from the carselect (lloyds) website does anyone know if you can specify a 182 with full cup pack in inferno?Ta

You need to email them and thy will email you back with the costs... i did it just to get my local dealer to price match!

Ziel Nurburgring

RS clios dont always seem to be going fast, but just look down when your accelerating and you find they are very rapid.

Joining motorways, i often find myself slighty exceeding the limit without realising.

What did you have before then?

A vts totally stripped with 164bhp.

It was weighing in at 850kg

[Edited by Timbob on 20 December 2004 at 12:18pm]

Mark 1 Clio V6

You can get a Megane 225 (pre-registered) UK car with delivery mileage and full Renault warranty from http://www.buymynewcar.co.ukwww.buymynewcar.co.uk for £15,399.

IMO that is an awful lot of car for the money.

Which is why I have ordered one.

Clio 197

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 20 December 2004

You can get a Megane 225 (pre-registered) UK car with delivery mileage and full Renault warranty from http://www.buymynewcar.co.ukwww.buymynewcar.co.uk for £15,399.

IMO that is an awful lot of car for the money.

Which is why I have ordered one.
I agree you get a lot for your money, hence I would consider it to be a luxury sport tourer.... Rocket Powered of course!

Shame about the running costs for a high mileage driver like myself.:(

MINI JCW

Quote: Originally posted by Timbob on 20 December 2004

A vts totally stripped with 164bhp.

It was weighing in at 850kg

That will explain why it didnt feel that fast then, what on earth did you do to the VTS

dk

911 GTS Cab

If you order from the carselect (lloyds) website does anyone know if you can specify a 182 with full cup pack in inferno?Ta

yes, you can specify the same options as any dealer, you also get a discount off those too.

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by Timbob on 21 December 2004

Cheers, any idea on this Renault dealer price matching?

Has anyone heard of this?

Ta
Tell me your joking, please.

106 GTi

The best price I could find for a UK car on the web before i went to order my car from Renault was £12665, 182 with both cup packs and met paint. ( Carselect emailed me back after I had returned from the dealer and had ordered doh!) and Hylton Renault in Glos matched the web price.

The sales man priced up the car and it came to 15,420 ( i think) I took out the piece of paper and after lots of going to his boss and back he agreed to match the price.

106 GTi

Nothing to lose...... The salesman said they are desperate to sell cars at this time a year. Even though I have requested March 1st delivery it still is a December sale.

Ive always been "hard core stripped out is better" but have definately changed my mind.

As someone on here said, the 172 - 172CUP difference was worth it. The 182 - 182CUP difference is not!

Hahaha yeah right:sleep: