ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Astra

Looks fantastic mate. Driving around debadged chromed up astra's are always catching my eyes. Always liked them, I don't really understand what people have against them but everyone has their own tastes I guess!

I've been toying with getting a mk3 Clio diesel or a Astra diesel of this model tbh!

How's the drive been since you got it? Any neat little toys in it?

Please could you post some pics of it's interior? How much it costs to run and it's look is all that matters to me tbh, speed's a none factor... Hense my 1.2 Clio haha.

Looks great so far mate, keep up the good work!

Cheers dude, here's a few pics of the interior I've just taken excuse the mess!

null_zpsf38a2850.jpg

null_zpsead05bc5.jpg

null_zpsc11d3d23.jpg

Auxiliary port (only with some systems) its a CD30MP3 but I've known some to come without an aux port built in.
null_zps915ea617.jpg

null_zpse11f508c.jpg

null_zps7f874d5d.jpg

null_zpsc7f1f02c.jpg

null_zps39585c1c.jpg

Decent boot space

null_zps39aad189.jpg

Feature wise it has your standard trip computer (avg mpg, mph, trip distance) it also has a stopwatch built in (never understood why maybe it was a car to be used on track then yeah but a 1.4?) it has aircon which I've never had so that was new to me lol.

I find the seats really comfy and more supporting where as in my Clio you go round a corner you would roll in the seat. I can get 400-450 miles on a full tank (£63 today's fuel prices). That's average driving some country roads but mainly town driving so I fill it up every 2-3 weeks depending where I'm working.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Matthew. Would you say pictures don't do it justice? Does it make it look more gash than it actually does I'm just curious as to how people think when they saw it in the flesh as opposed to online?

I dont think thats the problem, i think its a case of people not liking Vauxhalls to begin with and then seeing a tow strap and blue lights etc.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It just looks so bad. And mate, it really isn't difficult to better the interior of a MK2 Clio.

Think ill give up trying to justify the car. I like it I drive it that's all that counts. Most of you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about vauxhall for some reason, no idea what that just makes them bad cars when they're really not.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ill be honest. I don't mind the outside, the design is nice, and can look very nice. They always suprise me as to how good they can look when I spot a nice one on the road.

but seriously that interior is as boring as beige! The vectra of the same age is the same too. No thought has gone I to making it look nice at all

And can someone please confirm that they see the face on the centre console!?

Ill be honest. I don't mind the outside, the design is nice, and can look very nice. They always suprise me as to how good they can look when I spot a nice one on the road.

but seriously that interior is as boring as beige! The vectra of the same age is the same too. No thought has gone I to making it look nice at all

And can someone please confirm that they see the face on the centre console!?
Cheers Jaff,

At least that's constructive ad explanatory as to why you said it looks gash inside. Unlike the other guys who just say its crap an dont go into detail why there's no point in commenting if your going to do that. As for the interior I like it plain me simple and straight to the point I hate lots of buttons and stalks and what not all over the place ad the colour goes well with the black inside. Most Astras come with a grey interior but mine came with black and makes it look that little more professional. In my opinion of course.

Also LOL just noticed the face!!!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
LOL gets funnier every time I see it!

astraface disapproves!!!

and yes your right, it is plain and it is simple. Booooooorrrrriiiiiinnnnngggggg. Its nice to have a sleek interior that makes you want to touch it.

I'd be afraid of touching yours (ohh er!) for fear of disapproval from astraface!

LOL gets funnier every time I see it!

astraface disapproves!!!

and yes your right, it is plain and it is simple. Booooooorrrrriiiiiinnnnngggggg. Its nice to have a sleek interior that makes you want to touch it.

I'd be afraid of touching yours (ohh er!) for fear of disapproval from astraface!

Ive just thought as I'm driving along I slide my finger side to side in the cd drive I've coressed astrafaces mouth with my finger unintentionally.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My interior doesn't have stalks and buttons all over the place. It just had a bit of thought behind it when it was designed and made to look interesting.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The interior of Vauxhalls is dreadful. Looks like someone just got a big block of the dreariest plastic they could find, and attached some buttons and dials

It needs lowering, full exterior pack, pro race 1.2s and the half leather seats.

Cheers mate, lowering is on the cards, full exterior is going on except the rear bumper spats (if that's what it's called) pro race 1.2's I was looking at funnily enough not sure why I didn't buy any? The half leather is a good idea, I will see if I want to fully mod the interior usually I don't bother.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Why no rear bumper spats?
pro race 1.2s should be easy enough to buy if you sell your current ones.
full seat change will be easy enough with that.

I'm not sure if they would fit that other bumper I have with the irmscher rear diffuser? Maybe it will I shall see because I'm buying the full exterior kit off eBay and it comes with everything including spoiler so if it fits it sits. I kinda got those wheels on finance I would have to wait until I pay it off the 1.2's are a £130 more than I paid for should have gone for those thinking about it. The interior should be a straight swap then? I'm not spanner handy I like electrics more I won't have to have any frames made up or anything?

The car I needed desperately and it was my parents idea to get a loan out for it (well my dad took the loan out under his name because I wasn't old enough or something). The wheels I bought because I had. A stable job at the time so thought why not I can afford the monthlys.

350z GT
The car is fair enough if needs must.

The wheels though...Not better to save till you have the money and then not owe anybody anything?

I'm very impatient and wanted to start modifying mate lol I don't like hanging around. So at the time financed wheels was a great idea also boosts my credit rating which I can use later on in life.

350z GT
Fair enough I guess, just not what I would have chosen personally...hate debt. Don't owe anybody anything apart from my mortgage.