ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Astra

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Bar the wheels and Strap I like it.

LOL

Seriously I think all Vauxhalls are gash to the extreme. But with OEM style touches they can look alright. There's one near me that's just lowered on TD Pro Race 1.2's with the sport kit and it actually looks alright.

An orange one
Cheers mate I have this for 5 years until I pay it off. I thought hell why not the majority of mods are cheap.

5 years of 1.4-ness? :(

All the money your soending on it could go in a pile under the bed, and pay the finance off earlier IMO

Disastra Coupe
It's not really a case that he has to bite though is it.

He's posted his car up, people have given their opinions.

What i meant was more, usually people do bite. And then one person in particular posted, imo, an unnecessary post about him fitting right in with a stereotype... No need for people to be dicks if the lads being decent enough...

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Newton le willows

Say no more! Ha.

Hate Vauxhalls and f**k driving a 1.4 for 5 years but its not mine and I'm sure you like it.

How come you didn't just leave the standard exhaust on if you're waiting for a full system? Was the standard one knackered?

How come you didn't just leave the standard exhaust on if you're waiting for a full system? Was the standard one knackered?

No no it is fine pretty much new I just wanted to hear what it would sound like with an exhaust or get a rough idea (since all ate different). It was a temporary fix its on cable ties on the hangers I just never could be bothered taking it back off.

Cheers spunksy.

Mini JCW
No no it is fine pretty much new I just wanted to hear what it would sound like with an exhaust or get a rough idea (since all ate different). It was a temporary fix its on cable ties on the hangers I just never could be bothered taking it back off. Cheers spunksy.

​That is the worst logic ever.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
"My standard exhaust is still good, better bodge a s**t one on there"

"My standard wheels are fine, better spend a load of money on some gash ones"

Yeah you're modifying well like any 17 year old.

5 years driving a 1.4 Disastra, wtf is wrong with you?

It's smart enough but getting a bit chavvy now.

I haven't kept a car over 12 months yet and I'm 19.

"My standard exhaust is still good, better bodge a s**t one on there"

"My standard wheels are fine, better spend a load of money on some gash ones"

Yeah you're modifying well like any 17 year old.

I wanted to hear what it sounds like and left it on I see no problem.

I don't like the standard wheels they look crap unless they where pentas which they are not.

As for modifying like a 17 year old your entitled to your opinion I guess lol.

I don't see what's wrong with the Astra as a whole (modifications aside)? I've not had one problem with it yet its a nicer than my Clio doesn't fall to bits like my Clio doesn't drink fuel like my Clio and is a very solid car.

5 years driving a 1.4 Disastra, wtf is wrong with you?

It's smart enough but getting a bit chavvy now.

I haven't kept a car over 12 months yet and I'm 19.

Yes it's a 1.4 but at the end of the day a larger engine would cost more to run on petrol and insurance and I can't use it's potential on the public roads. Where as a 1.4 is nippy enough to get me through town driving (which is 80% of my driving ) and give me a decent mpg therefore easier on the wallet and better for me.

You answered your own question...It's not a clio.

this^

and tbh I am in same sorta boat as you, will have had my shed 5 years soon and still love it, I don't see point in wasting money swapping cars 24/7...

would rather have 1 'nice' car (imo)

just don't let it get to you chapstick :)

even if you are ghey ;)

this^

and tbh I am in same sorta boat as you, will have had my shed 5 years soon and still love it, I don't see point in wasting money swapping cars 24/7...

would rather have 1 'nice' car (imo)

just don't let it get to you chapstick :)

even if you are ghey ;)

Pah I don't let the Internet bother me I just read posts and see who is worth my reply who actually have something adult to say about things ;). Yes it's a very nice car and built with quality in mind it seems everything is so well made. So I'm happy that's all that matters.

Like I say I just wanted people's opinions on it knowing a lot of people are old on here I knew I was going to get a lot of negative feedback all in the name of fun :).

Mini JCW
Pah I don't let the Internet bother me I just read posts and see who is worth my reply who actually have something adult to say about things ;). Yes it's a very nice car and built with quality in mind it seems everything is so well made. So I'm happy that's all that matters.

Like I say I just wanted people's opinions on it knowing a lot of people have taste on here I knew I was going to get a lot of negative feedback all in the name of fun :).

​EFA ;)

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
If you have anything none standard on here people will moan, or if it isn't a 30k BMW, we've all gone through stages of trying mods, most do look crap but you learn, some anthracite Astra vxr alloys and a set of lowering springs would make it a really nice car, wouldn't bother with body kit/ bumper etc, put money towards your next car

FF Racing Blue 182
You've done a lot of work to that mate looked better without that strap and funny colour badge

I had an 07 Sri 1.8 in 2008 loved it for its size but fuel economy didn't match its performance so had to go

You've done a lot of work to that mate looked better without that strap and funny colour badge

I had an 07 Sri 1.8 in 2008 loved it for its size but fuel economy didn't match its performance so had to go
The diesel 150s are a good compromise.

FF Racing Blue 182
I have looked at the Vauxhall diesels recently maybe replace my focus with the 160 insignia in the future

It was actually a decent drive mate but as soon as you used that sport button it drank the fuel