ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my black clio 172

clio 172 phase 2
Some good news: basicaly got of the phone to the mechanic doin my timing belt and dephaser he found that the timing was nOt set propally from the previous replacment . He says the car should run alot better once its done so im glad to hear that :)

275 Trophy
Mine was the same when the guys at Birchdown changed it. Renault dealer was the last to do it as well. Car ran loads better at low revs after. Before it used to cut out all the time.

Glad you're happy with it, and i'm loving the wheels.

clio 172 phase 2
Had my car back from the mechanic last night had all the belts and stuff done. Its like a new car ! The timing was out by a tooth on the exhaust cam! The car feels so much better ! And the pure motorsport top
Mounts are brilliant ! Turning response is amazing ! Next is a polybush dogbone mount . And anti roll bar bushes .

clio 172 and a evo 6
hi bud how much is she lowered by i want to lower mine but i dont no how low i like urs it sits nice

clio 172 phase 2
hey there guys bit of an update . managed to get my self an uprated dog bone mount :) second hand but got it for a good price. shall be fitting it tommorow hopfully it should tighten everything up a little .

photo-2.jpg

progress is goin steady but with the rubbish britsh weather cant get nothing done! next on the list is an exhaust system and orceca steering wheel .

cheers for looking dan

clio 172 phase 2
Fitted the dogbone mount it has made a good diffrence the gear change alot more precise. Seems to be a little
More responsive too but that could just be in my head .

clio 172 phase 2
my black clio 172 (new pics)

few updated pics from a little meet last night .

myclio172-3.jpg

dannysclio172-2.jpg

dannysclio172-1.jpg

what you think guys .

clio 172 phase 2
UPdate!!!!

Basically thought id tackle my headlights as they were looking tired and weathered so used the guide on here they have come up brilliantly ! Il get some pics up later ...
I also went tO my local skoda dealer amd bought a fabia splitter should have it fitted tonite! Will get pics later on !

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
Spot on fella! You coming to the meet next month? There is a thread somewhere

clio 172 phase 2
Cheers pal. Hope i can attend. Hows your 172 goin dude? Have you got powerflex wishbone bushes pal

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
Cheers pal. Hope i can attend. Hows your 172 goin dude? Have you got powerflex wishbone bushes pal

Not to badmate, aint really done much to it for a while, get christmas out the way! Yeah pal, mine felt better under full throttle and the gear change is more smooth

Looks lovely mate,cant wait to see this at a welsh meet hopefully :)

Passed you yesterday mate. Did post in the spotted section

clio 172 phase 2
a little up date got my clear indicators now and a led number plate bubl ! every little helps lol ... will get pics

clio 172 phase 2
well today i had no work so i thought id do some bits and bobs on the car . so i sprayed my faded grill satin black , also gave the car a good wash as it was stinking.

few pics

IMG_8738.jpg

IMG_7508.jpg

IMG_8864.jpg

i will get a pic of it all once finished and theres day light .

clio 172 phase 2
it does have a caf dude got some tubing goin behind the headlight and down towards the floor , it does sound epic with out the caf i must say

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
noice :) the black and white works really well.

how you finding the pipercross viper kit? when i had mine i found that when the revs where up from 4/5k ish it sounded nice but under that it was flat sounding and i also though that it made mine feel more sluggish?

what are your views on the pure motorsport top mounts?

clio 172 phase 2
Hey dude.
The viper sounds epic when your in the top of the rev range but like you said it is a bit flat . I wouldnt knownany diffrence in performance wise as it came with the car .

As for the top mounts mate the best mod i have done mate transformed the feel of the car even made
My floaty gaz coilovers feel a little bit more aggressive . I wish i gOt the strut brace aswell but il be purchasing that in the new year .

Cheers for looking dude

clio 172 phase 2
so a little update got a few pics tonite as i was bored . you can see my new led numberplate light fitted also the skoda splitter.
futre plans
camber shims
camber bolts
yozza/or some sort of stealth
fit my oreca steering wheel
fit my samco induction hose
paint calipers
replace spark plugs
and pads /discs all round
cup spolier
remove fog lights and make a caf
rs tuner
pms strut brace

thats the plan for the new year ! big i know but im ambitious once xmas is out the way il have some spare cash to spend on the car :)

some rubbish i phone pics
photo-8.jpg

photo-7.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-4.jpg

cheers for looking dan

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, I do like this :)

What's your opinions on the gaz coilovers dan? Good to hear about the top mounts. Like you im going to wait till new year and hopefully make some nice changes to the car. Definitely getting the top mounts, and I did see the strut brace also but is it like the rear where it doesn't really do much?

clio 172 phase 2
Cheer mate :) umm no the strut brace isnt like the others around this one does make a diffrence so im
Told . As for the gaz coilies most people slate them
On here but i cant see a problem with them i think the reliability on them isnt to good as ive seen people needing refurbs after 5,000 miles but obviously thats down to how hard you thrash your car etc, but a full refurb for them
Is under 150 pounds and they will come back brand new . Also have a good adjustable damping system alot of settings to tweek with . But overall dude i dont see a problem with them.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I must admit I went out in a clio with gaz's in recently and I was pleasantly surprised on how comfy they were. Yes they are slated on here but I've been in a few cars that have them too and never found a problem. Like you said they have adjustable damping and brand new the price is very good (£540ish iirc) like you said it all comes down to how hard you drive, but as its my daily it won't getting thrashed about all the time round track do I don't see the problem.

Well like I said the top mounts will be in order for sure, but will have to read up on the strut brace I think. Even if it does bugger all, it does look good lol :)

clio 172 phase 2
Ye they are well priced ! Fred at btm told me the strut brace was a good addition to the solid top mount set up . I still need a proper geo set up to get the handling spot
On ! And some decent tyres . Thinking about paradas but i had them
On my vts and they wer rubbish in the rain . We shall see in the new year got to get the car ready fornshow season :)