ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my black ph1 clio sport(1.2) 'euro to be' :(

ph1 clio 1.2
Hi everyone, im new to the clio owners club so i thought i would start a thread up on my car..
so this is my first car(well i had a 106 but didnt get it insured lol), i want it looking a little euro as well as keeping that standard look about it(not over the top) and i have already done a few little things such as:
- lowered 70mm(coilovers on back - lowering springs on front)
- Front fogs tinted(yellow)
- sprayed front & backs badges black
- got some pressed plates
- sprayed my spoiler black
- smoked my side indicators black
- exhaust system and 3" pipe on the back
- new stereo player! lol (as it had a tape player haha)

i have many future plans for my car! heres a couple of stuff i want:

- 172 rear bumper
- front splitter
- new wheels! (172's or some sweet euro style)
- mk2 rear lights
- little bee sting
- de-wiper the back!
- some sticker bombing around the engine and inside
(NOT GOT PICS YET, WILL HAVE THEM UP SOON!)

ph1 clio 1.2
Re: my black ph1 clio sport(1.2) 'euro to be' :)

Heres some pics of my clio.....
[IMGO]
BenHerman
[/IMGO]
BenHerman

BenHerman

BenHerman

BenHerman

Last edited:

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi

Pics dont work mate.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

"euro to be" is a very brave title!!

calling your car euro carries huge expectation of originality and creative thinking, and usually, a pretty large budget!

good luck dude!!

ph1 clio 1.2

"euro to be" is a very brave title!!

calling your car euro carries huge expectation of originality and creative thinking, and usually, a pretty large budget!

good luck dude!!

yeah i new i would have alot on my head for putting that in the title but we all have dreams! i have a lot of plans, its all about money aint it.. all in good time
i carnt seem to upload pics though!:( haha

ph1 clio 1.2

finally! managed to get some pics up, so here you go!! please.. comments welcome, ideas etc etc! :)
IMG_0139.jpg

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi

Nice mate. Get some dishes on it and it will be lovely imo :)

1.2 y0!

lota love for ph1's here's how mine looks i want some dual optics and more lows lol will be keeping an avid eye on your thread!

IMG037.jpg

ph1 clio 1.2

lota love for ph1's here's how mine looks i want some dual optics and more lows lol will be keeping an avid eye on your thread!

IMG037.jpg
oo i like yours mate! its differant, liking the wheels, yes ph1's are great!, i love mine lol! will be keeping an eye on yours too pal, its looking good!, whats the future plans for it??

ph1 clio 1.2

oo i like yours mate! its differant, liking the wheels, yes ph1's are great!, i love mine lol! will be keeping an eye on yours too pal, its looking good!, whats the future plans for it??

ooo and youll never guess what? i had that little sneaker smelly in mine too, but mines green haha! crazyy

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq

could be a good build mate looks like a clean car if your after the euro look first thing would be drop it an dish's, then smooth pretty much everything imaginable but like i said the car looks prety clean so least you won't have to start putting new bumpers etc on, oh and id lose the zorst and get stealth for euro or at least recess the current one

good luck with euro because its a hard look to get right

1.2 y0!

Not alot tbh, i've moved out to belgium untill sept so not got much money, need the get the f*cking dent sorted in the door first from where some coffin dodger driving a people carrier reversed clean into it! :mad:

IMG_0139.jpg

1.2 y0!

it also has a motobike exhaust hidden under the rear bumper that you can't see lol ;)

ph1 clio 1.2

it also has a motobike exhaust hidden under the rear bumper that you can't see lol ;)

ouch thats a nasty dent that mate:( stupid people these days in big people carriers, unlucky:dapprove:, yeah i want to get a hidden exhaust, thats after i get a 172 rear bumper

ph1 clio 1.2

could be a good build mate looks like a clean car if your after the euro look first thing would be drop it an dish's, then smooth pretty much everything imaginable but like i said the car looks prety clean so least you won't have to start putting new bumpers etc on, oh and id lose the zorst and get stealth for euro or at least recess the current one

good luck with euro because its a hard look to get right

yes it is a pretty clean car, thanks mate! but yes totally agree with you!, its lowered 60(front) 70(back) but i may go lower!, and yeah im gonna hide my exhaust after i get a 172 bumper, im not going totally euro, keep it basic but have that euro look and effect on it, i want it looking a little different but stay on euro scene, keep and eye on it, youll see a differance eventually ha:cool:

ph1 clio 1.2
Re: my black ph1 clio: UPDATE!

quick update, i gave her a good clean inside and out today as the weather was good, so shes gleaming at the minute, whilst i was out i took a snap of my rear with sprayed badges, as i never got round to taking a pic when i done them ha, also i had a HUGE arial so i got myself a little bee sting of a twingo, BUT the thread was too short and wouldnt reach the fitting ha, so i done a little bodge up job and chopped it down and found a little thing to stick on the end, heres some pics....

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

comments and opinions welcome!.

my closest next plans are:

Front splitter
de-wiper the boot
Ph2 rear lights
spray my side strips black, get it more colour coded!
make my engine bay more funky too!

all this will be done very soon...

Last edited:
  clio 1.2 16v dynamiq

rather than black badges i would de-badge it mate if your after euro or get some nice new ones, not a fan of black badges on a black car tbh

ph1 clio 1.2

rather than black badges i would de-badge it mate if your after euro or get some nice new ones, not a fan of black badges on a black car tbh

Yeah well at start i ripped them off thinking they would just be stuck on then found that they were holes on the boot, but i dont mind it looks alright, better than silver badges i think, im not going totally euro with it (i.e) fully smoothed, slammed, deeps, i want to stay in tact with the standard look, just get it all coded or smoothed, lowered a little more, and some deeps! (hopefully) all in good time...

renault clio mk2 ph1

looks good mate, what alloys and exhaust you have on ur car? and also was the bee sting areial easy to fit in i also have a mk2 ph1 mines 1999 and in green :p ;) my badges are yellow ;)

ph1 clio 1.2

looks good mate, what alloys and exhaust you have on ur car? and also was the bee sting areial easy to fit in i also have a mk2 ph1 mines 1999 and in green :p ;) my badges are yellow ;)

thanks mate!, urm honesty i havnt a clue on the exhaust and the alloys are just the standard 1.2 sport alloys ha :D, urm that Arial thats on now was the original, cut down, i got a twingo sport one but it never fit! :( haha, hmm nice mate, love the ph1's you have a link for your thread mate?? ;)

ph1 clio 1.2

Here was my attempt, You definitely need dish ;)

cliooo.jpg
i like it mate!, :p how much them wheels set you back? i know i really NEED dish's :( bit low on money at the minute now im just at college, no job no more :( haha

RS6 C7

Wheels were around the £400 mark plus tyres at £200.

Just keep an eye out on ebay ;)

ph1 clio 1.2

Wheels were around the £400 mark plus tyres at £200.

Just keep an eye out on ebay ;)

there worth it like, wiked wheels, yes ill have to keep an eye out(thats when i get the cash ha), i quiet fancy some borbet A's like!, if you see any euro/deep wheels going for cheap, send me the link please! ;)

renault clio mk2 ph1

just going for a unique kind of look mate tbh just a range of different hoping to get my wheels banded and then sprayed black with either yellow or green lip and just some new seats for front :p

ph1 clio 1.2

just going for a unique kind of look mate tbh just a range of different hoping to get my wheels banded and then sprayed black with either yellow or green lip and just some new seats for front :p

hmm sounds nice mate, i was thinking getting some steels banded, gloss black, stretched tyres, hmmmm :rasp: haha, get some progress done and upload some pics mate!, ive just de-wipered my boot, and sprayed my side strips black, pics will be up tomorrow :) if you want to see ha

ph1 clio 1.2
Re: my black ph1 clio OPERTAION: colour code + de-wiper!

right!! quick update, ive just De-wipered my boot, and sprayed the cover, also i sprayed my side strips black, sadly i need a little rubber bung for the back cover, PLEASEE!!!! if anyone can tell me where to get a correct fit one from please tell me!!!! haha, Pics will be up tomorrow as ive just finished and it was too dark to get pics.........

ph1 clio 1.2

right heres a pic of the rear, bit of a crappy update as i was planning on getting some more shots of the car, and pics of the side strips,, but will get some up on the weekend, well heres the pic of the rear with wiper off and sprayed the cover, NEED a rubber bung :( lol...........
IMG_0167.jpg

comments welcome.........

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

go to a scrap yard and steal one of those wiper surrounds... smooth over the hole and spray it black. will look so much better.

thats what i did :D

ph1 clio 1.2

yeah i was thinking that, ive seen smoothed ones on alot of clios, looks way better, thatll do for now,, speaking off scrapyards, going on the weekend see if i can find a couple of things haha :D, need a left air vent lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

it seems simple enough to do yourself with a bit of mesh, fibre glass, filler and sandpaper. could be a mini project if youre ever bored :p