ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car doesn't exisit according to Renault....

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Only remebered about this while in bed last night (the things I think about trying to sleep!!) and need to get it sorted.
Went to get some parts for the Clio from Renault and they couldn't find the car on the old or current number plate, didnt have the car on my to look at the chassis number though. But GSF and Eurocar Parts could find the car the same day I went to Renault on the new/current number plate.

Is there a way of getting it put on the database?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I gave Renault Dartford my REG over the phone for brake fluid once & it didn't appear either- they then proceeded to ask me if I was sure it was a Renault. FFS.

They closed shortly afterwards.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I gave Renault Dartford my REG over the phone for brake fluid once & it didn't appear either- they then proceeded to ask me if I was sure it was a Renault. FFS.

They closed shortly afterwards.
lol went to a main dealer to get a px price for my car, the salesman said what extras has it ? I replied you tell me you work for renault, he didnt now he said he was new to the job, si i said how can you give me a px valuation then, then the vauxhall salesman was trying to tell me that his focus rs with four tyres on the wear bars was ok, still tney say you pay peanuts you get monkeys, they must have plenty of peanuts.

LY FF 200 CUP
I had this exact problem I had a 182 first part of reg was cn05 and whenever i wanted parts or part ex it always shows up as a Renault 15 tl!! I spoke to dvla they said call Renault I called them and basically your stuck with it!

It was possibly registered new with a private plate. When the car's sold on it's then allocated a plate according to year. Renault wouldn't find out about this from the DVLA though. They should find it off the chassis number though.

Looking....
It was possibly registered new with a private plate. When the car's sold on it's then allocated a plate according to year. Renault wouldn't find out about this from the DVLA though. They should find it off the chassis number though.

This or as been said it's a import. I have the same problem, just give my vin number when ordering parts.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Could have had a previosu plate change as on the V5 when I got it is said "registration cannot be tansfered" which apparently is what they say if it has had a plate previously on it before.
It is definately not an import

This is the most logical answer, seen it happen most days with different systems.

Clio sport 172
I've had two clio 172 phase 1 they could never find my reg it was the 6 letter reg thoe madness
my insurance couldn't find had to tell them everything