ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my car is f**ked and i dont know why

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.

this happened recently:

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=123391&SearchPagePosition=1&search=doyle&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Author&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchback passenger wheel...

and i got the rear stub axle replaced. everything was fine until i went to work tonight and when i came back out i drove it about half a mile and heard a really loud crank, i thought my fcuking engine fell out!!!!

i got out and everything seemed fine till i got in and drove again, every time the wheel made a full rotation it made the same big cranking noise. i stopped chacked again n everything looked ok. i drove home quickly with the noise and it got louder and louder sounded like something was rattling about inside the wheel.

so i BEG you all for you wisdom.

PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT IT IS AND WHAT I HAVE TO DO???

Not a Clio

easy thing to do is jack it up and have a look! If you cant see owt then pop down to a garage.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

sounds like wheel bearing mate, does it sound as though the exhaust has fell off or something? i wouldnt drive it coz if it seizes you will be fooked, happened to me in my old mini wheel just locked up and went headed straight for the pavement guy behind nearly hit me and shat himself, turns out the wheel bearing was shot

Quote: Originally posted by lozza_cup on 02 December 2004
sounds like wheel bearing mate, does it sound as though the exhaust has fell off or something? i wouldnt drive it coz if it seizes you will be fooked, happened to me in my old mini wheel just locked up and went headed straight for the pavement guy behind nearly hit me and shat himself, turns out the wheel bearing was shot

yep thats whats been rubbing for about a week now and i was wondering if it could be that

i got your PM and if i cant drive it to the garage then how will i get it there?

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

well i wouldnt risk it couldnt they get a tow truck out or ring the aa, its up to you if you feel confident that youll make it

Quote: Originally posted by lozza_cup on 02 December 2004
well i wouldnt risk it couldnt they get a tow truck out or ring the aa, its up to you if you feel confident that youll make it

i bearly made it home TBH im terrified of the car since it hit the kerb. i think ive got a years free membership to the AA

Da

Less

yeah but if it dont include home-start dont think theyll tow you from home mate!

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Doesnt matter if u havent mate, just drive it down the road and phone them from there, say it just started.

Da

Less

yep true! remember once in my old car it wouldnt start outside my home and bloody RAC wouldnt come out!! :mad: Gotta be half a mile from home iirc??

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 02 December 2004
yep true! remember once in my old car it wouldnt start outside my home and bloody RAC wouldnt come out!! :mad: Gotta be half a mile from home iirc??

so basically be a dodgy fooker and drive about half a mile from home and get it towed?

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Thats nasty. Tight arse gits. Well can aways push it. lol. But to be honest the AA and Rac are so cheap now, specially if u get family cover is nothing. Ive got the renualt cover and im under my parents cover. Was £120-£130 for 4 of us. Something like that. Home start the lot. Bargain

yea thats ok if u can afford £120 - £130 but i cant its coming up on Xmas and my family is HUGE.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Isnt dodgy mate. Is fine. Either that or pay them to come pick it up if u havent got home start the choice is yours.

well watch this space, if i dont post back i prolly risked it and ill be on way to hospital. or ill just not risk it and post tomorrow or sumthing!

*update*

it was the bearing and it gets fixed tomorrow the wheel bearing costs £21. and getting a mate to fit it for me cos he has a press to get the bearing out without damaging it.

:)