ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car

Yamaha R6
len_beach said:
How did you go about fitting the RS bumper to the non RS wings? Was it difficult?

I'de imagine.. very difficult.. Has is looking into it.. he's considering getting a bodyshop to heat the bumper and bend it to fit before it cools down..

Ad

MK2 FRS
Aust1n said:
I'de imagine.. very difficult.. Has is looking into it.. he's considering getting a bodyshop to heat the bumper and bend it to fit before it cools down..

Surely be cheaper to get the wings a £55 a piece, less second hand!

ITB'd 182...
real good effort there.loving the euro style.a nice set of buckets inside would finish it off!!:cool:

Clio RS
Aust1n said:

It would be sooooo fine if it was so easy :)

The red line show where the 182 bumper is different from the normal. If you fit the 182 bumper you have a fine chink betwen bumper and non RS wings. Fiberglas does not gluing on the material an witch the 182 Bumper. But i find a way. In germany i take "Berner Stoßstangenkleber". Its an insidertip. *g* This glue is used to agglutinat bumpers if you have a chrash ore somthing like this.

William-051209132130.jpg

original RS

a_435.jpg

Also the 182 bumper is a litle bit shorter and so i've cut the edges of a normal front and glue it to the 182 bumper. Also You have to cut the original holdpoints of die 182 Bumper. But this was the easiest part of Work.

In Germany ist much expensive to buy this Bumper. It costs new an 380 €. And you need an original bumper too. So i hope not so much people do the same like me :approve:

Yamaha R6
adtmits said:

Yea.. but then you come across the problem of the wings swallowing your wheels due to the lack of none RS track.. and on top of that.. the joining at the bottom of the wings requires RS skirts.. or skirts cut to fit..

You need 20mm+ spacers for it to look even close to right... unless you have a ridiculous offset...

Plus even after this.. due to the amount of strain from the spacers... you'll be replacing bearings every 6 months..

Not so cheap after all..

Last edited:
  Clio RS
adtmits said:

Yes it would be cheaper but You need sideskirts too.

For me the 182 Wings are bluff, dont beat me :rasp: :)

Clio RS
could you explain what a cup spliter is?

20040831081845Clio_RS.jpg

this black spliter?

I loooove this think but in Germany it to much expensive. It cost new roud about 150€. I think for an spliter is to pricy :dapprove:

Renault should sell me one for 50€ then i wil by two :approve:

Yamaha R6
william... said:
I loooove this think but in Germany it to much expensive. It cost new roud about 150€. I think for an spliter is to pricy :dapprove:

Renault should sell me one for 50€ then i wil by two :approve:

They're around £130 over here retail..

Mk2 Golf GTI
That stance is perfect, looks awesome.

I'm definitely going to go for 9" wide on the back of my Golf now!

MKIII 138
get the ktec carbon splitter m8,

ohh and fekin tidy car, germans now how to do style and class all our max power car modders in this country know how to do is make our cars look like toy car rocket ships to sit in with their vicky pollard GF`s

muz

big fat japanese bus
william... said:
It would be sooooo fine if it was so easy :)

The red line show where the 182 bumper is different from the normal. If you fit the 182 bumper you have a fine chink betwen bumper and non RS wings. Fiberglas does not gluing on the material an witch the 182 Bumper. But i find a way. In germany i take "Berner Stoßstangenkleber". Its an insidertip. *g* This glue is used to agglutinat bumpers if you have a chrash ore somthing like this.

William-051209132130.jpg

original RS

a_435.jpg

Also the 182 bumper is a litle bit shorter and so i've cut the edges of a normal front and glue it to the 182 bumper. Also You have to cut the original holdpoints of die 182 Bumper. But this was the easiest part of Work.

In Germany ist much expensive to buy this Bumper. It costs new an 380 €. And you need an original bumper too. So i hope not so much people do the same like me :approve:

nice use of example car there :)

I love your car it looks fantastic, the rear wheels are the crowning piece of a fantastic clean car.

need to lower mine though LOTS!

Monaco 172 2/468
Lovely looking car, i'd love that crazy blue light interior too, has Loony been sent the guide yet ?

1.2 16v Dynamique
Car looks absolutely stunning mate... I especially like the way the car sits, how much is it lowered by? Was it hard to get the wheels to fit?

Cheers,

Jordan

2002 Clio Dynamic
I second the blue display guide,just had the SMDs changed to blue on my 172 clock set,so the guide would be much appreciated!

Clio RS
small guide because blue makes you happy :approve:

At first you have to abolish your dashboard. If You need help for that i will post too if required. Then plug of the two (ore four) Clips rearside of the Speed indicator.Turn in on the top (the olde one are locadet with screws) and now put them out. Now you have the several speed indicator unit. Plug off the front clear-view screen. Its only clipst. Afther that, unscrew the torxscrew (smal size) on the rear side so you can plug off the rearcoverage. Now you have to plug of the needles. Mark the zerro position thats important!
Use a prong ore something like this and leveragecarefuly the needels from driveshaft.

Now you should plug of the speedindicator-disc and so you can see the smal SMD LED on the plate. You have to soldering them of and blue ones in. The Type of SMD LED i will give you next time.

Its verry ambitious to soldering SMD LED because there are verry smal and dosn't tolerate high heating. Important is also the polarity of SMD LED they are marked. So if you don't trust ask friends how has done that once again more than you;)

Middle Display.
Thats a little bit more tricky. Disassembly the radiodisplay module on the top. Plug of the clips on rearside.

Now you have to open it. If its open put off the lights. Plug on the two clips rearside again and take a multimeter. Measur for the positive and the negative voltage on the lightbase. Mark that, thats important.
Now you need a peace of board. Cut this board so that its compatible to put it into the the White box. It should have 1cm (1/3") to the rearside. Now you need an Plate in Germany is called "platine" i dint find the correct translation. Cut the plate on the same metrics like the board.

Next you need aggain SMD LED. Took the same like them from the Tacho. Now you have to soldering small stands on the SMD LED so you can install them on the Plate. Fit four in a elektronical line. So you didn't need an resistor. Fit 12 SMD on the plate always 4 in line and than these three Groups connecting by soldering parralel. Check the polarity and solder them on one of the Lamp sockets in right polarity. The other soket isn't need no more times again.

Take the orange lensdisc and use sandpaper with 800 graining ore more to grind the orange color from disc After that use an abrasive an Water to get the disc like milkey.(Fore the speedindicator needels you can use by original in red ore make them milkey too) Now You need diffusionfoil. You can buy at Ebay. Cut them convenient to the frontdisplay. I use two kinds of diffusionfoil. One normale kind and one witch is adhesive. I took thes together behind the frontdisplay.

Now glue the plate into these White Box.

Heating:

For eachone wich have no ore manuel air-conditioner its abominable to plug of thes Part. Im afraid but i can't remind on each Step. But you have plug off each coverage and then unscreaw the screws at the Top. Then you have to turn the Heatingcontrol panel and hang out the, in German we say Baudenzüge. Also there are an clip witch you have to plug of. And then its the same Prozedure like the middle display. Cut a Board and then build your plate for SMD LED.
Also you have to build off each orange splitting disc in the panel and in The turningswitches. For rotary switches use a nipper. Now take a wood glue. Thats a glue witch is white when he is fluid and clear-transparent if it is dry. Mask the holes on the turningswitches and put in the glue and blue LED (not SMD for turning switches only)

Now solder all bye the same way, 4 LED ore SMD LED in line and than built Groups witch are soldered paralel.

Now it should glow blue :approve:

Fore each Switch resolder the orange LED and fit in a blue LED with a new resistior. Its easyer than it kooks like.

The Radio

i bought a new blue one :)

Greatings from germany

So, genug englisch nun gibts für mich ein Bier dann meine Frau und dann das Bett :D

Last edited:
  A4 Avant & A3
Thats spot on... very nice looking motor.
I do like the Blue dash.. don't think i'm brave enough to attempt it myself though lol