ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My carbon diffuser is now on :D :D :D

yep. Went to streamline after work and merv and bic fitted it for me.

I knew it would be a quality part but i am still blown away. Its a work of art lol. The attention to detail is amazing.

Fits like a dream and retains the heatshield. Words cannot describe how happy i am with it lol. Its amazing. Weave is great. Fit is great. I love it.

Just on my way home now and will have to wait till tomorrow to post pics in the daylight but its great!!

More parts are on the cards too which is nice. Just got to convince bic he wants to make me a custom airbox

Couple of pics in the dark and rain lol

IMG_3884.gif

IMG_3886.gif

and yeah, it is the one on ebay. thats streamline selling them, this is just one of the first.

doubt pics will ever do it justice to be fair. i have seen pics of it on a bench after being laquered and was still blown away.

fingers crossed car will be at FCS for people to see, but will get more pics in the morning

wsc

1.2 16v Extreme 3, 2005
Nice!

Stupid Q but how does this affect the cars performance? Or is it just aesthetic.

yeh its just for aesthetics. a diffuser itself is designed to give extra downforce at high speeds, but obviously the 197 comes with one as standard so apart from a little weight saving (even with it being made extra extra strong just to be safe, its still half the weight of a normal one, and a normal one is only plastic! lol)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not sure on the number plates kinda takes the focus off the diffuser.

number plates were bought before the diffuser, but i kind of see your point.

dont worry, when it has a carbon tailgate, and full carbon front end it will be fine :p

lol maybe thats getting carried away. i can see the obsession now though. i had a wet lay bonnet from another company on my 106 and now i have seen what can really be done that bonnet looks rubbish to me, and that was a £500 bonnet.

The finish on this is so much better, i cant believe i was happy with my old bonnet now haha.

as for carbon front end, i just keep thinking of the dahlback polo. was a similar colour blue and had one, and looked mint!

car looks great with that on, its a shame about the plates not being in UK font though. Wee details and all that...

Black 197
you know it makes sense Rossy.

so far only 3 have been made, so you will be in good company ;) :p

£500 notes you say ??

Got a kid on the way too so would have to keep it hush hush from the gf pmsl, I bet she wouldnt even notice !

Golf GTD Mk7
£500 notes you say ??

Got a kid on the way too so would have to keep it hush hush from the gf pmsl, I bet she wouldnt even notice !

lol. was the same with my misses when i got my trendlines fitted. Thought about not, but assumed she would notice new seats :)

Black 197
It's mine and her first - - i thought it would be all rosey you know - - It's like being with a hormonal demon !! She goes spastic at the slightest things... Next 7 months is gonna be a nightmare - - Doubt she'd notice the diffuser and i think it would look the danglies on my black 197

damn right it would.

they are £550 at the moment mate, but that price may well need to go up after a few have been done as thats a price to get them out there in the public.

just get one, dont be scared :p

yeah, would look sweet on white tbf. and its the same weave as his doors lol.

and yeah, £550 well spent imo. although a slippery slope to carbon kingdom potentially