ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my cars acceleration

ur megane r26
yer was on a 1.2 but defo wernt the ecu cover, we checked, double checked, wrapped up and everything on that, we thought it was to start with as we mucked about with it and seemed to stop it but then came back so just wanted to get rid in the end

RS RIP
get a diagnostics check, think it may just be down to throttlebody or throttle posítioning sensor (meaning accelerator i think?)

i've read a few threads sounding like your problem.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
get a diagnostics check, think it may just be down to throttlebody or throttle posítioning sensor (meaning accelerator i think?)

i've read a few threads sounding like your problem.

Are the home U380 readers any good to diagnose this type of issues or still a trip to the stealers?

Cheers

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Car has K & N Panel filter, performance back box and matched inlet. Had these problems before any of the modications.

Thanks

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Sat in traffic for nearly an hour today and I am sure this problem is getting worse! Cannot afford a CLIP test until the end of the month so any help appreciated.

Idle is very rough (missing badly) and problems only during low revs (i.e. between 500rpm and 1500rpm). No stalling though unless pulling from a hill with low revs.

No dash lights come on, just becomming a pain in the arse!

Many thanks

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Think this is the closest solution:-

Guys, on a level road try lifting the clutch pedal very slowly to start the car moving without giving any gas! I`m thinking it might be something to do with the fly-by throttle in some cases. Mine happens if i actually use the throttle whilst im lifting the clutch. If i start the car moving without the throttle its smooth. Its almost like there is a dead spot on the throttle pedal and the car nearly stalls.

Just hoping there is no problem with the clutch..............

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Disconnected the plug on the throttle pedal today and acceleration seems better again?! Have I reset something by doing this?

White APE
My 182 since i bought it (30k miles) it is slow to react to acceleration up to 5k revs then it's like it has a turbo boost and I'm shot from 5k revs to 8k revs in no time at all, incredible acceleration. I'm not sure if this is standard or not, it doesn't cut out or any other problems on revving

The sparks aren't included on your standard Renault service with a 182 if I'm correct as they cost way more than the standard ones.

That'll be the 5k kick. Quite normal.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Right, nothing on clip at all. Renault technician (experienced chap) noted problem but could not diagnose.

I am lost with this, but have checked and when I press accelerator slightly and hold pedal the revs fluctuate constantly. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm lost!!

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
i had the same prob with my 172 its the way they are its an electronic throttle and the response is slow on them compared to a cable throttle the best way to do it is give it half throttle then full throttle

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
If it gets gradually worse surely this must be fixable?

Thanks for the reply, what do you mean by half then full?

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
i had the same prob with my 172 its the way they are its an electronic throttle and the response is slow on them compared to a cable throttle the best way to do it is give it half throttle then full throttle

Forgot to mention, I also have a very rough idle (not normal as they do miss slightly).

Thanks