ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My cars been smashed :(

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1084527633__172-2.jpg http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1084527606__172-1.jpg

Last night someone pulled out into the side of our car (Mel was driving) from a side road. After initially stopping the guy drove off (after telling us he was going to pull over). Luckily we got his reg and we called the police. Even more luckily we have CCTV proof of his car being there. The police go round to have words, and guess what, he reckons hes had a lot of drink to calm his nerves (since he got home 30 mins ago?! something like 2 bottles of wine, is that possible?). Cut a long story short hes arrested and thrown in a cell overnight. Blood tests taken and being sent off to forensics, paint samples from my car being taken today. So to make it worse for himself after failing to stop after the accident, hes now facing a drunk driving charge. Eventually got in at 1.30am after having to take mel to the hospital for a check-up (shes ok, bit of whiplash), and for mel to make a statement at the police station.

I have to say Im very impressed with the police. They took this seriously and have done everything to help us. Top marks to them.

Now I have to get the car fixed, at least I have his insurance details now.

[Edited by Jas on 14 May 2004 at 10:52am]

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Ouch!!!

thats not good dude :S

hope it all works out for ya in gettign this one sorted

Hope Mel is recovering well

Has

Lee

BMW M2C

Sh*t, thats terrible mate. At least it looks like everything will work out okay and more importantly both you, Mel and the little one are okay.

172, Tiguan

Crickey, hope Mels OK Jas, bit of a shock i bet.

Nice to hear the police being helpfull and the other guy getting whats deserved. Im sure the car will be all sorted out very soon.

Is the sill OK? Luckily just looks like a new door is needed.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Oh no!

Glad you are all ok (cant say both anymore)

Thank god he didnt hit the quarter.

:eek:

Sorry to hear this Jas ! Luckily you have all his details and you will not have to pay out but this is still so annoying !

Hope the wife is ok which is the most important thing, not even worth thinking about what could of happened.

Good to see the police taking this seriously and that should help you get it all sorted out.

Gutted for you !

:(

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by Melly T on 14 May 2004

Bambino is fine - thats all that matters! :D
Exactly! :D

Now Jas can get a proper car! lol

(what about Unosport?)

Ziel Nurburgring

Serves him right for being in that state. Luckily no one was hurt seriously, but what if the worst had happened. I hope they throw the book at him, and he gets stuck in prison and ass raped by a heavy weight dude.

Sorry for the rant, but when people are stupid enough to endanger others it makes my blood boil.

Glad Mel is ok, and make sure you cliam for that wiplash mate!

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 14 May 2004

Serves him right for being in that state. Luckily no one was hurt seriously, but what if the worst had happened. I hope they throw the book at him, and he gets stuck in prison and ass raped by a heavy weight dude.
My thoughts exactly. Im not even that bothered about the car, just really annoyed someone could be so stupid and thoughtless. He was a suited middle-aged respectable looking guy as well, in a nice car.

Nippy white cup

Glad you are all ok and the guy is going to get done for it. As Tom said at least he only hit the door and not the rear quarter. Hope it all goes smoothly and quickly.

Chris

yea man get the baby sorted for life by gettin every penny u can out of him!

not so bad wen its an accident but wot kinda bloke leaves a pregnant woman after hittin her car, with or without any one in car with her!

disgustin! luckily its only metal, no bones etc!

H3

Renault Laguna Coupe

Sorry to hear about that Jas & Mel, must have been frightening to say the least. The hipflask defence (had a drink to calm his nerves after the accident) is no longer accepted by the courts, so with luck hell be off the road for a long while.

Crickey!

Im glad to hear all three of you are ok, thats the main thing, the car can be repaired and other bloke can be banned/locked up.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

alcohol takes AT LEAST 30 mins to get into blood stream (I used to be a drink-drive rehab tutor!)

hell get done with drunk driving, possibly careless AND failing to stop - hes FU**ED!

glad youre all OK tho!

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 14 May 2004

Crickey!

Im glad to hear all three of you are ok, thats the main thing, the car can be repaired and other bloke can be banned/locked up.

and had the pants sued off him for distress to a pregnant driver due to accident and him leaving the scene! excess stress, whiplash etc etc

Yeah what black kro said, hes fooked!!

What w w**ker, just glad your all ok and hope he gets what is coming to him! It could have been so much worse:)

H22A7 Accord Type R

Glad you are all safe and well!!!!! Its good that everything is working out regarding the car too! I feel pretty lucky today too, on the way to work i stopped to let a car turn right (on a busy main road at rush hour), there was a white combo van behind me, as i looked in my rear view mirror, followed by a bang, and a combo van much closer to me, but thankfully, not on my bumper! Some woman had ran into the back of him, i just seen his body jerk and things flying in the back of the van............. how lucky was i this morning!!! Hope you get the car fixed soon guys, and i bet the little one was annoyed for disturbing his sleep! :)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

sh*t man, glad ur both ok...poor car :(

get repairs done at a body shop and theyll sort you out with tints hehe ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Melly T on 14 May 2004

Bambino is fine - thats all that matters! :D
Bambino being fine is important, but that Mum is ok is also pretty important hon !!!

glad you are all ok ! :D

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by Liam_Dynamique on 14 May 2004

yeah, glad everyones unhurt. if its any consolation, at least youll stil jhave the satisfaction of seeing him get f*cked in court now.
Wont they justt ban him and maybe jail/fine...

I cant believe they bugger you in the court room, I thought he had to wait until he gets a cell/shower mate for all that!

What an idiot. If hed stopped and given you his details he wouldnt be facing a conviction now.

Looks like its just the door so thatll be no problem to fix.

Good to hear you both came out of it ok - sounds a lot like what happened to me and the ex in her car. Looks like he missed the rear quarter though, so shouldnt take too long to repair!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

bad news always a shocker when u have a crash. hope the geezer gets what he deserves!

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Quote: Originally posted by toonboy on 15 May 2004

if he had it when he got home he will be of scott free. simple as. police will never make it stick
forensics analyze the blood sample and can tell when and how much alcohol was consumed. Apparantly its rare these days for people to get away with saying they had a drink when they got home, its easily proved or disproved.