ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cathedral grounds shoot at night

Fiesta ST-3
I wanted and need more practice at night shots in different locations so late last night I went to take some pictures of the grounds of St Davids Cathedral here in south west Wales.

Let me know what you think.

5373433669_a4675df6a7_z.jpg

5375383130_678141546a_z.jpg

5375377628_90597cef29_z.jpg

5373359423_d41ca7dcee_z.jpg

And finally the Cathedral itself.

5373430799_ef87ab8270_z.jpg

That last shot is good, but straighten it so the tower is vertical, not leaning. If you can recover some of the detail in the foreground that would help too. What exposure was it out of interest?

A4 Avant
The last one is my favourite, only things that spoil it is the fact the horizon/spire isn't level and the blown out highlights in the foreground. Maybe shoot 2 exposures then blend them together? I'd also possibley photoshop the white bits out of the sky.

Fiesta ST-3
That last shot is good, but straighten it so the tower is vertical, not leaning. If you can recover some of the detail in the foreground that would help too. What exposure was it out of interest?

The last one is my favourite, only things that spoil it is the fact the horizon/spire isn't level and the blown out highlights in the foreground. Maybe shoot 2 exposures then blend them together?

I will work on it tonight lads. Thanks. And its about 3 minutes I think.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Think that floodlight is hindering you somewhat there ... other than that, not bad at all !!!

The white bits in the sky are the star trails haha.. leave them in ! ;)

I think you've done a good job at working on the star effect but you need to try and find a point of focus in the images, something around the grounds like an alley way that leads the eye or some interesting subjects. The last shot has the most potential but you need to try and find some angles that remove the flood light.