ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My circuit project, Clio 1, 1.8/2.0.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I think a lot of people will be interested. I've heard some of the guys on here actually like girls !!!

Have no sound at work - what happened at the 'oopsie' !? Bonnet clips fail ? Was that a track day or a race day ?

Car still looks very low at the back... possibly a lot of negative rake (front higher than the back) .. how is (was!) it handling...?

Circuit Clio 1.8/2.0
No I don't have bonnet clips, the hoods opens up from the back, so that would be useless :p

No, one of the engine mounts (box mount?) broke off.. and it probably pushed out the driveshaft (is that correct?).

Yeh true, the rear is very low. The front is too high still. The springs in the front are to weak, so when I drive, the downforce gives me this. So that is the first thing on our list :)

LOL @ JaredHasNoBrain:

race_it_break_it_fix_it_repeat_coffee_mug-p168766707764076106envnx_210.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahh sorry, missed that. Gearbox mount ? Not good !!! Did that make you jump ? New underwear time....!!

Cooksport in the UK make springs for the Mk2 Clios... generally very highly rated by those that have them. Perhaps they can make you some custom springs ? They compete in the BTCC in a Mk3 Clio so know their way around a track car.

Circuit Clio 1.8/2.0
Thanks for that! We have to do some searching, but I will keep Cooksport in mind!

Lol what do you mean if it made me jump? I was just really pissed, I was already pissed when I started the qualification, because I found out I was really screwing it up in the warming up. Hehehe.

Circuit Clio 1.8/2.0
Ah sorry! Well, yes! First I thougt the engine was completely ruined... but it was still running without weird sounds.. so then I thought.. one of the tires came off the rim.. But no!