ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 1.2 Black MK2 'Dolly"

I have had my Clio for about a year and a half now and absolutely love it, call her dolly due to its number plate. Its my first car and has served me well so far, mods have been small and slow because I am a student on a small budget. Unfortunately I don't have any before and after pics of my car so far, but will list what i have done with some photos. So far I have done:

• New brake discs and pads
  • Painted my callipers yellow
  • Colour coded the side strips
  • Yellow 16v badges (soon to be changed)
  • Black diamond on the front and clio badge
  • Hecko wind deflectors
  • Window tints (I know a lot of you will not be a big fan of those)
  • 182 alloy wheels
  • Yellow tinted fog lights (euro style)
  • Smoked side repeaters
  • Clean headlights
  • New speaker system and sony headunit

Future plans:
  • Needs lowering!

Some pics:
Clio 1.jpg
Clio 2.jpg
Clio 3.jpg
Clio 4.jpg
Clio 5.jpg
Clio 6.jpg
Clio 7.jpg

Can upload some better pictures once she's clean and not on my drive. C&C welcome, plus future plans!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
Looks pretty good so far mate, I reckon you get a fresh 3/4 plate on front and use sticky pads/Velcro instead of bolting it on, looks a lot better, does need a tiny bit more lows, but it's a good start bud.

Looks pretty good so far mate, I reckon you get a fresh 3/4 plate on front and use sticky pads/Velcro instead of bolting it on, looks a lot better, does need a tiny bit more lows, but it's a good start bud.

I have a 3/4 plate I have on sometimes. Unfortunately the facelift bumper is quite curved and the velcro pads wouldn't stick well. Kept falling off :( so I just have to screw them on now. Definitely need to get it lower. Btw Willsam your car looks sweeeeet!

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
I have a 3/4 plate I have on sometimes. Unfortunately the facelift bumper is quite curved and the velcro pads wouldn't stick well. Kept falling off :( so I just have to screw them on now. Definitely need to get it lower. Btw Willsam your car looks sweeeeet!

my plate is on Velcro pads and I have the same style bumper and mine sticks fine, I use three, one in the middle and one either side of the ends but not too far out, sticks fine for me, hard side on the car and soft Velcro side on the plate, and cheers man, not happy with it, so much I want to do with so little funds :(

Cookie monster RB182
chuck a 172 rear bumper on if you can... Looks so much better! :D other than that nice car man!

Un name it, naming a car is seriously bent.

On another note, get a sport grill on it, lower it a bit & lose the wind deflector things.

my plate is on Velcro pads and I have the same style bumper and mine sticks fine, I use three, one in the middle and one either side of the ends but not too far out, sticks fine for me, hard side on the car and soft Velcro side on the plate, and cheers man, not happy with it, so much I want to do with so little funds :(

I stuck them on the plastic, maybe the metal would have been better? Same here, am thinking about attempting to change the springs myself to keep the costs down, just plucking up the courage to do it haha

Titanium 182
I stuck them on the plastic, maybe the metal would have been better? Same here, am thinking about attempting to change the springs myself to keep the costs down, just plucking up the courage to do it haha

mines stuck on the plastic mate, try some different Velcro pads maybe? It's not hard to change springs it is just about knowing what you're doing.

renault clio 1.2
yeh mate iv never done nothing mechanical before and i managed to fit my own coilovers on so you should be fine

mines stuck on the plastic mate, try some different Velcro pads maybe? It's not hard to change springs it is just about knowing what you're doing.

Yeah I might do that, got them off eBay someone recommended on here, maybe a bad purchase. If the funds come in I'll buy some cheap springs and have a go

2005 182 cliosport
i like this, its tidy and coming along to be a nice RS replica. SOOOO much better than the chavy 1.2s I see around with racing stripes.

Quick little update! .. The boring stuff, changed the battery today since I've had some starting problems of late and the battery was the original one from 2004! Starts instantly now and the lights dim less under acceleration etc.. Also done a service, including oil, spark plugs and air filter. Now the good bit, got a sport grill off eBay and some french stickers off a guy on here. Grill was in good condition but decided to give it a quick spray with plasti-dip to give a deeper black.

Before spray:
Clio 10.jpg

Before fitting:
Clio 1.jpg

Fitted:
Clio 9.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Just need to get more lows and possibly a sport rear bumper now, then I'll be happy. Jamie

Re: My Clio 1.2 Black MK2 'Dolly" **Update**

**Update**

Finally got the car lowered, got some apex springs. Pretty happy with them atm, will see how they stand the test of time. Should give other users a good idea of how much 40mm APEX springs drop the 1.2 Clios. Got her cleaned and some better photos today. Removed the french flag off the grill, decided I preferred it without and changed to Silvervisions from the silly looking blue indicators. Overall very happy, some pics:

Clio 1.jpg
Clio 2.jpg
Clio 3.jpg
Clio 4.jpg
Clio 6.jpg
Clio 7.jpg

So happy with the results, waiting for some new bullets and thinking of spacers. Apart from that I'm stuck for ideas now, just going to enjoy it! C&C welcome plus future mod ideas. Thanks for looking! Jamie

Renault Clio 1.2
Quick little update! .. The boring stuff, changed the battery today since I've had some starting problems of late and the battery was the original one from 2004! Starts instantly now and the lights dim less under acceleration etc.. Also done a service, including oil, spark plugs and air filter. Now the good bit, got a sport grill off eBay and some french stickers off a guy on here. Grill was in good condition but decided to give it a quick spray with plasti-dip to give a deeper black.

Before spray:
View attachment 113354

Before fitting:
View attachment 113353

Fitted:
View attachment 113352

Thanks for looking!
Just need to get more lows and possibly a sport rear bumper now, then I'll be happy. Jamie

looking sweet pal!! Any chance you could find the guy with the french stickers and post his name up here for all to see cos I'll be more than interested in buying some..... cheers bud