ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio 1.2

clio 1.2
This is my clio 1.2...

20120314_122404_zps65789dba.jpg

I decided to smooth off all the bumper mouldings and door mouldings and quarter panel mouldings so I fibre glassed the wholes where the clips had been for the moulding to sit in place...
20120314_115246_zpsf9ecf05b.jpg

after that i decided to smooth off the rest off the groove where the mouldings had been with filler.
20120314_115238_zpsae1129d4.jpg

in the process of doing all this i got the drivers side quarter panel smooth and then this happened...
20120330_113200_zpse75ae38e.jpg

20120330_113206_zpsb9ce7241.jpg

20120330_122659_zps3a99a751.jpg

after thinking about scrapping the car i decided to keep it as a project and started to repair the car once again.
20120609_121024_zps868e8c6b.jpg

had a dent in the bonnet so i fixed that.
20120609_121041_zps42c7d64b.jpg

I then got a new bumper for free off a car that had came into my work for repair.
20120612_163001_zps2b72a873.jpg

so I ripped the mouldings off the bumper and started filling it.
20120706_151921_zps476bb082.jpg

after the last coat off filler on the bumper i came up with the idea that it would make no sense to have the number plate sitting along the front of the bumper so I came to the conclusion of having it like this...
20120712_192550_zpse301ad1e.jpg

i took the rear seats out and put black carpet on the floor with my sub and amp...
20120807_165554_zps4c0ffdaf.jpg

when i crashed the air-bag came out off the passenger seat so i got a cheap set of bucket seats.
20120807_165614_zpse993cf4a.jpg

got a new steering wheel as well not the best but it will do and managed to get a second hand boss kit for £30
20120823_120334_zpsa1f942e6.jpg

i got a set of ta technix (if thats how you spell it) coilovers and lowered it quite alot
20120910_163534_zps9d025bb2.jpg

i started to paint the car white by doiing the door checks and i plan on putting the roof and wheels baby blue.
20120918_175237_zpscee38099.jpg

20120918_175246_zps2af46a47.jpg

the back bumper and the side smoothed off ready for high build primer.
20121010_073932_zps69db33f1.jpg

the bumper smoothed off and ready for filler primer.

20121013_161605_zpsce2bb274.jpg

and this is how the car sits at this moment.
20121013_161621_zps2f2ddbfa.jpg

I now just have to weld my exhaust maybe buy harnesses and a strut brace for the back and get it up to the garage for high build priming and then rubbed down and ready for the colour change to white and the car will be complete. i wanted to try something different i kind off went for the euro look but could have got better alloys lol. but i like it how it sits now its different and i have never seen one like this before the past 8 months it has been off the road and i have put alot of work into this car it didn't help that when i finished my apprenticeship i got paid off, but ive managed to keep the car going and not sell it. i plan on converting it to the 172/182 engine. but thats just an idea not sure if that will definitely happen. i will be uploading a picture off the car in white and finished soon. i hope you like it.

172 Rep
Strange enough that looks like it will turn out to look different and quite nice, that steering wheel is awful though, your car your taste i suppose !! nice work mate

You should keep it like that and go for the "Rat look" ;)

In all seriousness this could be a really good build, haven’t seen anyone smooth the side moldings before so I look forward to seeing the finished project.

Good luck! :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i dont know why but i thought this thread would be worth reading when i saw the title lol

was not disappointed.

ill be keeping an eye on this :D

lol at stealing a customers bumper

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
My thought process reading this thread is as follows:

20120314_122404_zps65789dba.jpg

"Hmm, quite tidy"

20121013_161621_zps2f2ddbfa.jpg

"oh, never mind"

Just need to wait and see how it turns out I suppose....

Black Dynamique
Any updates? I'm loving this project. I was debating taking the strips off mine too but decided it'd be to much hassle. Might reconsider looking at this

clio authentique
would love to smooth my front bumper and now im really considering it! but surely all that filler has to crack? :/ or did you pack with something? bloody good effort though!

Arctic 182FF
Smoothing looks really good in my opinion. Has potential to be a really nice, unique car. Get a decent set of alloys on it too, I've personally always love Williams wheels or turbines :)

would love to smooth my front bumper and now im really considering it! but surely all that filler has to crack? :/ or did you pack with something? bloody good effort though!

bumpers need plastic welding before filler, anything else will just sink/crack

clio 1.2
Never ment on clios i see to many white cars with a back roof.

My brother is an estimator he done it for a laugh lol

clio mk2 1.2 75hp
I THINK it is not good idea to use that much filer on bumpers and other, it will crack :) plus it will give you a lot of weight and i will lose every thing what you gain when back seats has been removed. and that subwoofer wooden frame will give extra weight. so what the point mate ? :) any work done in engine bay ?

clio 1.2
Nothing is done to the engine its not made to be fast its a 1.2... i done it cause i could and if im honest i know the bumper will eventually crack i got told it would before i started the car but i got it for free so i thought f**k it. The bumper isn't that much heavier than a standard bumper either. i will eventually change the bumper. i just went to make it look different and i haven't seen one like it so im happy :)!

Clio Van 07
Its looking good.

Since you are having fun on tuning this up, then some other changes could put this car more noticeable on the streets, like when you fixed the front bumper you could have removed the renault symbol and surrounding and made a straight grill or radiator look on the front, like rally look. The renault symbol on the back is ok, doesn't spoil the look. But the rear bumper could have some shark fins underneath (not too many, 2 on each side and cut a little part on the middle on the lowest part) like the newer sport models ...
Just giving some ideas to renew ..

Last edited:
Its looking good.

Since you are having fun on tuning this up, then some other changes could put this car more noticeable on the streets, like when you fixed the front bumper you could have removed the renault symbol and surrounding and made a straight grill or radiator look on the front, like rally look. The renault symbol on the back is ok, doesn't spoil the look. But the rear bumper could have some shark fins underneath (not too many, 2 on each side and cut a little part on the middle on the lowest part) like the newer sport models ...

DONT DO THIS!!

turns out that mine and your front bumper will be pretty similar but different colours lol (the only 2 on here afaik with that bumper smoothed), keep the diamond and surround as it is! looks 100000000000000x better than it would without them!

get it painted already though :L

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Ouch.

Although there is writing on the side which looks like it was sprayed with a can.

Also the can is on top of the car.

He might of just used if for the inside the car I dno haha

Looks good thou. Atleast u have the balls to do it . When will it be finished ? U going to Any shows ?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Its looking good.

Yeah, do exactly that. Sounds good

6a0120a65f3bd1970c01347fd02f7e970c-800wi.jpg

clio 1.2
Right well i aerosoled the checks lol but i went over it with a gun because i didn't like the finish. i will be doing the bumpers tomorrow then its just putting it back together so if all goes to plan it should be done this week

clio 1.2
I quite like it how it is with the grill not sure if i want to change it!
yes i am going to do the handles white!
I also got new wheels...

20130418_181004_zps7c6fbb11.jpg

20130418_181022_zpsb95cd379.jpg