ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio 16v gearstick moves about!

clio 182 FF + chipped
im hoping someone can tel me whats up with my gearbox seeing someone helped me wiv my last problem on here. when i accelarate say in 1st gear the gearstick pulls towards the engine and when i let off it pulls back the other way nearly into neutral. Does this mean i have an engine mount nackered or gearbox mount nackered? the gearbox is alos leaking! but changes gear fine.

Mine always 'wobbles' or moves a bit - I guess it's just down to worn mounts to a certain extent. As long as it's not jumping out of gear I wouldn't worry too much!

clio 16v
mine does it to, but as above, if it doesnt try and jump out of gear, i've always left mine. is yours worse from cold?

clio 182 FF + chipped
well this is it mine does sometimes jump out of gear when im in 2nd gear only though.say when im crawling in slow traffic then i go to accelarate and it aint in gear anymore!

im hoping i dont need a new gearbox as i only just paid out for a new clutch which cost me £600!

1.8 Civic EX
mines the same mate, think its just an issue but I must say it's never jumped out of gear. £600 for a clutch?!!? where did ya go for that Harrods? :clown:

Sounds to me as if yer dogbone mount has had it.

Get a new one from Renault or an uprated one from HillPower.

I changed all my mounts including the dogbone from HP, and the gearstick don't move at all.. lovely! :)

You do wanna get it sorted tho.. cus' it'll be putting more stress on the other mounts.

clio 182 FF + chipped
right ok i'll try new mounts. thank you

yes £600 for my clutch! renault quoted me £900! everywhere i went they didnt wannna do it, not many garages like renaults in chelmsford. and i didnt wanna go mr clutch.