ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio 172 Conversion

Converted 172 clio
Im new to the forum so i thought id show you some pics of my 172 clio, it started off a 1.2 but has now had the full conversion. Hope you like :)

62479_163858030293284_100000072640733_530060_5624472_n.jpg

39335_147702341908853_100000072640733_434582_3926778_n.jpg

I need to get some more pics of the latest looks. Hoping soon to have throttle bodies, and really need the 172 rear axle.

Megane 225 F1
Lose the stripes and the t**t strip and it will look nice.

LOL at it getting 172 bhp though....

Converted 172 clio
Ahh that comment was a low blow, i only recently got the stripes done, had good reviews upto now from everyone, but i guess clio owners have a different point of view lol. The engine conversion was done by k-tec.
Since the conversion, i have added KTR coilovers, KTR rear strut brace, KTR solid top engine mounts, and black diamond discs and pads. Throttle bodies will be added next month if the money situation is healthy,
Ill add more pics in the next hour....

Megane 225 F1
Sorry to say, but stripes only work on the Racing blue and even then, it's still a marmite thing for people.

Everything else is good though buddy. Nice to see you haven't gone the rep route as well. Means your's is a sleeper ;)

SG9 Forester STi
Welcome to the conversion club :D

It's nice but I'd have to agree with the others on the sunstrip, also get yourself an RS grille it'll improve the look of the front of the car more than you'd expect.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Sorry to echo the above but I think it would look 100x better without the sunstrip & stripes, it'd be a right sleeper :)

The brakes look awesome with the f1s!

Any pics of the engine bay?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
ARE YOU MAD? HOW DARE YOU BE AN INDIVIDUAL!
Make it look like everyone elses so you can get all positive comments
and feel accepted by people you will probably never meet.;)

I like the stripes, grey on black is a nice colour combo, sun strips just remind me of a 1.2 saxo
with some N.E.D. behind the wheel, but if you like it then who cares.

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S
I think the stripes would look better without the sunstrip. Perhaps replace the sunstrip for a plain tinted one?

Looks great mate and I'm a fan of the stripes.

Not too keen on the sunstrip but each to their own, it's your car and you can have it however you want it.

Would be good to see some more pics. How longs this taken you?

Converted 172 clio
Ive had the car for 3 years, but was a completely standard 1.2 dynamique until christmas last year when i thought it was time for a change :p
As for the battery, that was to handle my sound system which has been completely stripped out now (power to weight ratio FTW).
And unfortunately it is all declared, but its worth the punch which i receive from the insurance companies ;p

<Does anyone know of a good splitter for the standard bumper which i have on the car, the standard splitter is way too boring, thanks>

Last edited:
  1.2 Dynamique 16v
Having a second look at it.. maybe the stripes would look OK if that sunstrip was gone?

Cool car otherwise. Brakes look very tasty.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'm also a fan of the stripes but not the sunstrip, but it's your car not mine :)

I'd lose the 'sport' badge off the back though. The more understated the better with sleepers IMO!

Converted 172 clio
cheers guys, well ive got plenty of plans so should hopefully see quite a few new changes over the next few months, maybe the sunstrip will disappear but ill keep it for now :)

You should put a 1.2 badge on the back so you can lol at people that rev you at traffic lights

Edit: would you mind putting a few more pics of the car in general cos i wanna see what dark tints on a black car look like as I'm looking to have it done soon :)

The more I look at it, the better it gets. The only thing I really dislike is the sunstrip, but that's personal preference! If you like it then tell me to poke off :)
lol

Get some Vid's up too!

Megane 225 F1
Looks nice mate but I'm still not a fan of the stripes I'm afraid. Get some clear side indicators though ;)

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i quite like it its indivual which is pretty rare on here.. although i wouldnt have the stripes etc on myself but it does make it more your own.
how you do afford the engine conv £3k aint it ? then bodies £2.5k plus all the rest ??? think i need a new job lol

Converted 172 clio
i quite like it its indivual which is pretty rare on here.. although i wouldnt have the stripes etc on myself but it does make it more your own.
how you do afford the engine conv £3k aint it ? then bodies £2.5k plus all the rest ??? think i need a new job lol

Costs around that, i just work hard 7 days a week and after some severe saving, i treat myself lol.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
well if you have that kinda money spare you obvs deserve to treat yourself, good on you ... whats next after the itbs ?

Converted 172 clio
well if you have that kinda money spare you obvs deserve to treat yourself, good on you ... whats next after the itbs ?

Erm to be honest i really dont know, i only joined this site a few days ago and its gave me too many ideas. It will most likely be the interior next, buckets, cage ect. Will have to see what ideas coem through..

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
you need the 172 loom up untill the joint at the passengers door ( 172 will plug into this as its same on all models) but all behind the dash etc wil need to be changed.. or spliced etc

Clio Campus
Your Clio looks sick :p a car is what you make it wish my old Clio looked as good as that looks amazing