ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172 cup crash pics

MK2 Clio V6 255
Heres a few pics of my mates 172 cup when he took out a metro and wrote his car off in the process!!:dapprove:
0fa2c3d0.jpg

507c5c71.jpg

2111cf0e.jpg

db9d8cc9.jpg

The metro.
226ac92a.jpg

48542a8e.jpg

1627ead8.jpg

In the hedge.
4986d00d.jpg

J

JACKO CUP 172!

cheers mate makes me cry everytime i c my car in that state.:( thank god i got a new 1!!!!!!!!!!:)

172cup
i'm assuming the crease on the roof line is due to the bend in the chassis? That's why they write it off then.

my cup chassis was bent just by letting the wishbone nudge up against a kerb at 40mph head on lol

clio 172 cup
harsh soon they will be rare and mine will be worth loads(if i dont do the same) how many are actually left on the road?

J

JACKO CUP 172!

well it happend when me and my mate (dennisv6) were going to have a loook at something. there we were just flying around the back roads as u do on a sunday evening.when i came up behind a metro with a couple of stoners in from our town!!!!they were travling at about 30 mph and i was slowly getting anoyed with the driver coz it was a 50 limit!!!so after about 1/2 amile i decided to overtake and as i pulled out with my foot to the floor the stoned t"at turned in front of me to go in the layby no indicators!!!!and wrote my baby off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :( i had it 4 only a month!proper gutted.:(

J

JACKO CUP 172!

he stiched me up good and proper!!no i was on the right side of the road well wrong side coz i was overtakin but as i got along side him he pulled in front of me and i took him out.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

tell me bout it.it looked terible in the hedge with a wheel hangin off:cry: :cry: :cry:

what happened with insurance then mate??

guessing he tried accusing you and got his stoner mates for witnesses?? and tried claiming whiplash etc?

J

JACKO CUP 172!

i wrote it off in april so i expect it is just a block of rust by now! wish i had taken bits off of it now..

J

JACKO CUP 172!

he did not claim whiplash.an ol boy i know (my neighbour) had words with him. it went 70/30 on insurance in his favour!! thank god i was fully comp!! but insurance has doubled£1600!

70/30? thats a bit s**t!!

unlucky!

if it makes you feel any better... im paying 1750 with 2 years no claims.. lol!

rob172cup said:
harsh soon they will be rare and mine will be worth loads(if i dont do the same) how many are actually left on the road?

Think we worked out that about 150-200 had perished in the last 3 and a bit years, just over 2200 were bought and the last reasonably accurate data we got on here (how many were taxed this year) was just over 2000 if I remember correctly.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

blimey i lost all my no claims!!that is s*£t. that was a quote from direct line just after it happened they just susspended my policy so i am still paying 760 ish!!bonus

VaVa
GuyS said:
may i ask how you managed that on that piece of road?

I believe the police term is driving like a t**t;) lol. He must ahve been going some speed to leave tyre rash like that on the road!!

Judging by the long unbroken skid marks in a straight line, It looks like a lack of ABS may have played a part in this - assuming of course the skid marks are from the clio!

Rob.