ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172 cup crash pics

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
As much as a fan of ABS I am and know the Cup boys hate us for it ;)

I doubt very much ABS would have made the situation any different in this situation. Bad luck about the Cup mate.. hope you get nice new shiney one instead :D

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
GuyS said:
well surely you'd know where it is then? :clown:

OOH OOH please stop guy, my sides are splitting! ;)

I mean the road looks familiar, and i'm sure it was our dealership who sold that cup!!

J

JACKO CUP 172!

the road is the longcot to fernham road just out side faringdon(oxfordshire). they were my fat skid marks about half way along is where i took him out!i did kind of aim 4 the bush but lack of a.b.s!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Not far from my favourite run jacko.

Donnington, just outside newbury to Wantage (over the downs)
Wantage to Faringdon
Faringdon to Lechlade
Lechlade to Burford where my dad lives.

45mins. ;) Good luck.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
jacko said:
i bought it from colin ludwell cars in bristol!

Then that is the one i sold!! (i know cos i know colin as well!)

Booo! to writing off a bristolian cup!

A4 Avant & A3
I will go and break the bad news to my Bristolian Cup now.. that one of his family has gone to the big scrap yard in the sky...

I'll be thoughtful & not show him the photos..

J

JACKO CUP 172!

dont think it would be a good idea to show the pics ether.wot colour is ya 172/182 cupcake might of seen ya bout. i would say u could have anything u want off it but it happend in april. sorry fella.

MKIII 138
wonder how many cups there are left now ?? makes me really angry as i have put loads of miles on mine since i got it and i wanted to cherish it a bit better but ho hum work miles always rack up.

182BG
another cup gone, boooo. but look on the bright side, less cups means they become rarer :)

.....oh and again with the abs comments :(

I dont see how abs should affect anybodys driving personally. The only time i have ever used abs was and has been in the snow/ice where i leave enough distance between me and the car in front to react if my car does skid.

Not having ABS on my cup wont make any difference to me or the way i drive. Everyone has mad moments in their cars, and im sure you all overtake people at some point. If the person in front of you pulls out on your like this, ABS is going to do f**k all for you, as you are still going to hit the car.

With general driving, again, i tend to leave enough space between myself and the person in front to give myself enough time to react if i need to brake sharp. If you need to hit your brakes hard enough to engage the ABS then you were either driving wrecklessly or too close in the first place, and are a danger on the roads.

Of course this is all in my opinion and im sure others will disagree.

Shame about the cup though. I f**king hate people that dont indicate. The worst ones, are those that brake miles before they are turning, then indicate at the last second, as if its an after thought. People like that are dangerous as you have no way of anticipating what they are going to do!

Lotus Elise 111R
Jacko, last owner change was on 13th April 2005, which was hopefully when you bought it, and it has'nt got a new owner yet, so hopefully it has been destroyed rather than being rebuilt and running around as a potential death trap...

Good luck with the new one!

J

JACKO CUP 172!

yup that is when i got it. that is nice to know no 1 has got it!