ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio DCi 100 (slow progress project)

Clio DCi 100
Obviously due to money as the title says this project will be a slow one. So when i can afford another piece of the puzzle i will post pics of the upgrade :)

When i first starting driving I had the DCi 65 in black. Loved it as it would rinse all 1.2's and most 1.4's and try to keep up with a few 1.6's especially up hill :p i got rid of that hoping to get another diesel but ended up going to a 1.6 fiat stilo (actually quite like the shape of these, front end and sides mainly) but when fuel was getting to much for the distances i was travelling i needed to go back. So after loving my first DCi i went and got the big daddy 100hp one :D but had to get a different colour as both the Clio and Stilo were black and living down backroads the dirt would always show.

So anyway i now have a 2005 Clio DCi 100 in silver, which i have a few plans for, as I've never modified a car before, although I've always wanted too but money was more of an issue before than now.

Here are some pics followed by what id like to do to it:

8626115936_c1063098c2_z.jpg

8626109492_ce082052d6_z.jpg

8625011765_cb675328f0_z.jpg

8626111558_b9dd476f80_z.jpg

8626113560_bdff72d9b6_z.jpg

8376435218_fd06931131_z.jpg

So there it is, pretty standard and fairly clean :)

I have just bought some 172/182 side skirts to go on it, hoping to get these mid week, so i will upload a pic once they're on.

The things that i would like to get are:

- 172/182 Front bumper
- 172 Rear bumper
- 172/182 wings (to tie in with the skirts)
- Colour code the door trims and maybe the door handles
- Currently looking at a set of Clio sport Sill kick plates
- Lower it, preferably on Coilys but depends on the budget
- Set of 182 cup alloys or looking at getting adapters n maybe getting Design 90s, if neither of those then something nice but not chav wheels

Thats all i can think of for the time being.

Would like to hear what you guys think of the car, and the mods id like to make.

​Thanks

Clio DCi 100
What's it like compared to the 65?

remap on the cards?

Certainly feel the difference in power. Ride feels roughly the same. Plus i love the little gadgets with this model having electric lights and wipers, not something I'm used to.

​Im contemplating it tbh, but i hear that 125hp will be about the limit due to the clutch and injectors, however there is a nice gain in torque ;)

Love dci 100's! Looks nice & clean. Have you got 172 wings and bumper to fit along with the skirts? Otherwise the skirts would look silly cause they have a part that attach's to the wing.

Clio DCi 100
Love dci 100's! Looks nice & clean. Have you got 172 wings and bumper to fit along with the skirts? Otherwise the skirts would look silly cause they have a part that attach's to the wing.

Thanks Wayne. Haha I was wondering when this would come up on my thread, I didn't realise i needed them, when i purchased the skirts then looked into it a bit more, swore a little then started looking for some wings lol.

So yes, they are on the list now lol winning a pair at the moment for £1 each hopefully they'll have little to no interest and ill get them cheap. Also bumpers are on the list too, the skirts just came up first.

TT QS
Lovely car! The plans sounds great. Definitely colour code the sides, the door handles make such a difference.

Thanks Wayne. Haha I was wondering when this would come up on my thread, I didn't realise i needed them, when i purchased the skirts then looked into it a bit more, swore a little then started looking for some wings lol.

So yes, they are on the list now lol winning a pair at the moment for £1 each hopefully they'll have little to no interest and ill get them cheap. Also bumpers are on the list too, the skirts just came up first.

Hopefully youll snap them up. Ive just recently fitted 172 wings and front bumper, getting the skirts on soon. Took me ages to source some wings, bought one from here and one from ebay, could not find a decently priced set anywhere! Theres someone on ebay selling 2 wings at £85 each with £10 postage on each wing :O No wonder they've been sat on ebay for months. I got my set for £60 all in :)

Last edited:
  Clio DCi 100
Hope so, cheers man. Sick mate, you got any pics on here i could have a look at??

Ive emailed the guy because theres a few things i want off him. Both Clio 172 wings, Both 172 clio sport sill plates, and Both 172 door trims in silver save spraying mine. He's come back to me with a price of £75 plus £20. Does this seem reasonable for all of that, i didn't think it was too bad tbh, but im no expert on what this stuff is worth.

Clio DCi 100
Looks good man. Left you a comment on there. Ideal will snap them up when he gets back to me, just bought a 172 rear bumper too. So only need the front bumper now then thats the kit sorted and to fit it all obviously lol. Cant wait to start on it after looking through some of the threads on here.

Clio DCi 100
Quick update. Got my skirts today, was excited when i got in to find a package waiting for me :D however being a bit of a numpty and not checking first they turned out to be the wrong colour. They need a bit of a respray anyway so doesn't phase me too much. Could anybody tell me from looking at my photos what colour my car is and what the paint code would be?? It would be much appreciated.

Also should be receiving my 172 rear bumper tomorrow, but this is from the same person so this will also be the wrong colour.

Wings are on the way but looked back at the photos and they seem to be the correct colour, so at least that saves spraying them lol. Also with the wings i will be recieving Clio sport sill guards/plates and colour coded door trims.

Clio DCi 100
I say this on every thread.

Get an RS grill :p They make so much difference.

I'll have to look into it :D cheers.

I have an update. I now have the following:
- 172 side skirts
- 172 wings
- 172 rear bumper
- Clio sport sill guards/plates
- Colour coded door trims

Only problem is the bumper and skirts need a respray. So I'm going to have to wait till I can't put them on. Going to put the door trims on tomorrow so ill upload a pic then to see the difference.

I have a couple of questions too and would be greatful if anyone could answer them.
- What colour silver is my car and what colour code would it be?
- If I put the 172 wings on the car, would they stick out on the front where they join/sit on the front bumper or would they run smooth with the original bumper?

The silver is known as platinum silver, ted69, D69.

No sport model was sprayed in this colour from the factory so sourcing rs parts in your colour will be nigh on impossible.

A little fabrication of the front bumper will need to be done to accommodate the rs wings also JoeyD on here did this.

I prefer the ph3 bumper to the sport bumper anyway.

Clio DCi 100
The RS wings and side skirts join the front bumper mate so realistically you can't do one without the other etc!

Thanks I won't do anything yet then till i've got the front bumper, its the only thing i need now.

The silver is known as platinum silver, ted69, D69.

No sport model was sprayed in this colour from the factory so sourcing rs parts in your colour will be nigh on impossible.

A little fabrication of the front bumper will need to be done to accommodate the rs wings also JoeyD on here did this.

I prefer the ph3 bumper to the sport bumper anyway.

Thanks, i'm going to go down auto-paints now too, as i've been told theres more than likely a few shades of the colour so going to get the to get some paint chips out and match it completely.

Also in that case, i might just get any colour front bumper rather than trying to match now as i need to paint it all anyway lol.

And i can imagine my bumper colour coded would look quite nice, but i think i'd prefer the 172. Each to their own i spose :)

Thanks for the help guys.

Clio DCi 100
Re: My Clio DCi 100 (PIC HEAVY)

Have a small update on my car.

I have some photos of the items i bought, but nothing can be fitted to the car yet as it all needs respraying, plus waiting to get a 172 front bumper still.

8648095171_ee7cd26ed8_z.jpg

8648093897_0528a02b85_z.jpg

8648092291_2f3c092e09_z.jpg

8648090753_60b66653ed_z.jpg

8649192374_0ae083e712_z.jpg

8648082745_e96553cca2_z.jpg

I have fitted my sport door sill kick plates, nothing major just a little added touch.

8649189556_d54d07bf26_z.jpg

8648084513_0f0253ba7a_z.jpg

Clio DCi 100

Couple more little touches, only stickers but i think they look alright.

Side trims are primed ready for painting, hopefully picking up some paint in a bit, might try to do the rear bumper today as well.

Heres some photos of the stickers:

8655282432_4b29c107aa_z.jpg

8655281738_f41ef48161_z.jpg

8655281104_dfafd2beab_z.jpg

Renault Clio MK4 RS
like the rear view mirror being sticker bombed. nice little addition that. Think i will have to do that as i have a load of sheet still to be used :p

Clio DCi 100
like the rear view mirror being sticker bombed. nice little addition that. Think i will have to do that as i have a load of sheet still to be used :p

Thanks. I've wanted to sticker bomb something for ages. Go for it, I like the look.

Was also thinking of either doing the diamonds or the dash trims but I didn't know if that would be too much.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Thanks. I've wanted to sticker bomb something for ages. Go for it, I like the look.

Was also thinking of either doing the diamonds or the dash trims but I didn't know if that would be too much.

ive got the diamonds and dash strips done on mine. It doesnt look too bad. Im thinking of getting rid of the diamonds and going to spray them black as i think it looks better black on black personally.

Clio MK3 1.2 16V

Couple more little touches, only stickers but i think they look alright.

Side trims are primed ready for painting, hopefully picking up some paint in a bit, might try to do the rear bumper today as well.

Heres some photos of the stickers:

8655282432_4b29c107aa_z.jpg

8655281738_f41ef48161_z.jpg

8655281104_dfafd2beab_z.jpg
Sticker bomb looks wicked mate! Nice little touch yet subtle, Might do mine now haha

Clio DCi 100

PAINT :D

Got auto-paints to match my car earlier and got some rattle cans for the side trims made up while i was there. So hopefully they'll be done by tomorrow evening and ill stick them on and take some pics if they're completely dry. Guna start rubbing down the rear bumper too as i really want to get this painted and fitted, but i can do that while the coats are drying on the door trims.

Sticker bomb looks wicked mate! Nice little touch yet subtle, Might do mine now haha

Thanks man, haha do it, I'm actually loving it more and more each time i see it :D

Clio MK3 1.2 16V

I've just painted my interior trim to match the metallic blue! Time is key to spray painting mate :p whole process took about 2 weeks

Clio DCi 100
Got the door trims all painted today, ready to fit tomorrow, should look good, will get a pic up when they're on :D

Clio DCi 100
Put the door trims on this morning and took a couple of pics while the sun was out, as its ment to rain later.

Spraying and finished product:

8659373609_1d28108b3d_z.jpg

8660475000_cf74b7a693_z.jpg

Before Fitting:

8660473260_0de29bd6d0_z.jpg

After Fitting:

8660473934_bde963bdfe_z.jpg

8660476894_7c2eb847d0_z.jpg

8659371853_8f75a501e6_z.jpg

Think it looks pretty good :D Happy with it, still waiting on a front bumper to come up but as soon as i get that then ill get the wings, skirts and both bumpers sprayed all at the same time. Can't wait till i can fit the rest :D

Clio DCi 100
Great job on the spraying, colour match is bob on. Looks much better now :D You getting spacers for the front after you've fitted the wings etc?

Thanks mate. Yeah going to get those too, do you recommend a size for the new wings?

Clio DCi 100
Haven't posted on this thread for a while due to not being able to get anything else done yet.

Im having to wait to buy anything else or get the parts i do have sprayed as im going on holiday for a couple of weeks in september. Really looking forward to it but i also want this done a bit more especially with the final Run To The Sun happening in Newquay this year as i've always wanted to take a half decent car (slightly modified) as all my other cars have been bog standard.

Anyway as soon as i have a little spare cash, I'm going to get something else done :D

Do your front spaces rub at all or are they all good?

​Let me know how the rear spacers go :)

My wheels catching the arch liner on the left because i havnt fitted my arch liner properley so it shouldnt afterwards, doesnt anywhere else. Ive yet to fit the rear 10mm ones! -1 degree camber too :rasp:

Clio DCi 100
Mind me asking how much you paid for this? :) and what's the tax etc like?

Hi, only just seen your comment. I paid £1450 for it, should have got it cheaper really cos he sold it to me with f**ked injectors which we didn't realise were that bad when we handed over the cash. So had to pay another £500 to get a new set. Life goes on tho.

And yeahh as HMS said only £30 a year on these. My old 2002 DCi 65 was £35 a year. Love how cheap they are :D

Hi, only just seen your comment. I paid £1450 for it, should have got it cheaper really cos he sold it to me with f**ked injectors which we didn't realise were that bad when we handed over the cash. So had to pay another £500 to get a new set. Life goes on tho.

And yeahh as HMS said only £30 a year on these. My old 2002 DCi 65 was £35 a year. Love how cheap they are :D

Im thinking of grabbing myself one sometime as i do so much motorway driving.
Better MPG than the 65? Or roughly the same?

Clio DCi 100
Im thinking of grabbing myself one sometime as i do so much motorway driving.
Better MPG than the 65? Or roughly the same?

Roughly the same IIRC from the 65, but fuel was a bit cheaper then so I'm guna go with roughly the same. lol.

Clio DCi 100
So finally had a bit of spare cash to get my rear bumper sprayed as well as saving for my holiday :D

So glad to finally have it on and looking sweet. But doubt the rest of it will get done till late september now tho.

Anyway heres some pics of what i've got done.

Not long after being sprayed:

8880982896_2808aa6693_c.jpg

8880897860_59dbd7f656_c.jpg

Before applying the new bumper:

8880969972_d3c02d38f8_c.jpg

After applying the new bumper:

8880327149_f21ae43c54_c.jpg

Some other pics of the new bumper on:

8880933102_629af24fcc_c.jpg

8880919244_5ee8f293d7_c.jpg

8880908328_28627312e2_c.jpg