ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio Exclusive, no.142.

Clio 172 Exclusive
After passing my manual driving test back in May this year, I was on the lookout for a Clio 172. Wasn't sure whether to go for a standard 172, or the Exclusive. But a month later after viewing an Exclusive I went from this:

minidetail005.jpg

To this: :approve:

NatsClioExclusive028.jpg

These cars, for some reason, aren't very photogenic. They look a lot better in the flesh than they do in pictures. I've noticed this with the Cups as well.

Anway, bought it with 48,000 miles on the clock, '01 Y reg. Needs one or two cosmetic jobs doing, but overall I'm pleased with the way it's cleaned up! In the pictures below, I'd only got round to washing, claying, polishing and waxing the roof, bonnet, and both sides of the car. The bumpers still haven't been washed, but I'm going to try and get them done this weekend!

So far the mods include, Viper Induction kit (already on when purchased), K-tec Stealth exhaust, supersport version. Bosch Aerotwin wipers, Alpine CDA-9880R headunit, with Alpine SXE-1325 coaxial speakers all round. Still to go in are some silvervisions, and Philips Blue Vision 4000k Xenon/HID effect lightbulbs, as the standard ones are rubbish! I've also got a Cup spoiler waiting to be painted and fitted too, so should look good with that on :D

Still undecided on the Supersport exhaust though, as it is deafening at certain speeds! Hadn't realised it'd be so loud! I love the leather interior, and the seats are very comfy too!

NatsClioExclusive027.jpg

NatsClioExclusive023.jpg

NatsClioExclusive014.jpg

NatsClioExclusive006.jpg

NatsClioExclusive009.jpg

NatsClioExclusive013.jpg

Forgot to say, that I'm loving the extra power over my old 1.2, but found you really have to rev it to get the best out of it. So it's nice when there's a bit of room on the road to open it up :evil:

Comments welcome :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
Love the colour and the car, not so keen on the interior!! Reminds me of a rover everytime!

Nice motor though!

Clio 172 Exclusive
very nice upgrade, love the exclusive's

is that abit of rust on the bonnet? ;)

Well spotted ;) I'm going to get that treated when I have the Cup spoiler painted and fitted. Only problem is, it seems to be around the underside edge of the bonnet, too. Not sure if it's worth just buying a new bonnet for it?

Clio 172 Exclusive
Very nice! I actually really like the Scarab Green!

Thanks! I love the colour in the sun too :approve:

Love the colour and the car, not so keen on the interior!! Reminds me of a rover everytime!

Nice motor though!

Thanks! I know what you mean about the colour of the leather :dead:, but it has cleaned up well, but otherwise the interior's better than I was expecting.

Golf GT TDI
Thanks Jordan. My plan is to get it back to as near new condition as possible, bar having a Cup spoiler fitted! Bit of a project really :)

good man. these look best left standard(ish) cup spoiler will look ace, been after one for awhile myself. there was only 172 of these made so you got a later one

Clio 172 Exclusive
good man. these look best left standard(ish) cup spoiler will look ace, been after one for awhile myself. there was only 172 of these made so you got a later one

I see, didn't think about that. So the later the number in the series, the last through the production line. Well, I'm sure one will come up. As I said, that's why I jumped at this one, what with low mileage, and close to me!

320d
Nice rare car mate. They look less sporty than a standard ph1 imo but they look more exclusive, hence the name.

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
sweeeeeeet......... im trying to sell my phase 2 as i've just got a p1 172 :) p1's are ftmfw!!!1!

Clio 172 Exclusive
You mean plastic
lol! There is a fair bit of plastic on Clio's! But they do look much better in the metal ;)
Nice rare car mate. They look less sporty than a standard ph1 imo but they look more exclusive, hence the name.
I don't know about that ;) One side of my car looks lowered, and from that side it looks very sporty/aggressive, especially when clean!
sweeeeeeet......... im trying to sell my phase 2 as i've just got a p1 172 :) p1's are ftmfw!!!1!
Cool! What colour Ph1 did you go for?

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I've only seen 1 exclusive ever, but yeah they do look better when you see them in person.

Nice upgrade :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
very nice, on the first pic you can see the colour difference from the bumper to the rest of the car due to its lack of depth and shine, most likely from polishing the rest

great colour, a guy from round our end has a slammed one it looks awesome, dave ramsay (posted above) check his out for inspriation :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I like them :)

Got any videos of the exhaust? Im interested in what a missing mix box sounds like! :) Take it you still have the cat in?

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Good choice and sweet mileage :) I was very close to owning an exclusive, Scarab green is my second favorite colour in the ph1 ;)

Good luck with it lad.

Clio 172 Exclusive
very nice, on the first pic you can see the colour difference from the bumper to the rest of the car due to its lack of depth and shine, most likely from polishing the rest

great colour, a guy from round our end has a slammed one it looks awesome, dave ramsay (posted above) check his out for inspriation :)

Thanks Chris :) Yes, I spent a few hours polishing each side by hand. It needs pc'ing, so I may buy myself one, and have a go with some finishing polishes, so I don't have to worry about removing paintwork to begin with! To be honest, if I could keep the swirls hidden for 4-6months at a time, I'd be happy with that :) Yes, I think I've seen Dave's. Is that the Euro'd Exclusive? Looks very nice ;)

I like them :)

Got any videos of the exhaust? Im interested in what a missing mix box sounds like! :) Take it you still have the cat in?

No, haven't got any videos yet. If I'm not too busy over the weekend, I'll try and get some. It does sound good though, just a bit loud for my liking! Yes, the cat's still in, as I'm happy with the power at the minute, plus as above, the exhaust is loud enough!

love the alloys on the exclusives

Me too! They look really good cleaned up :) Mine need a refurb, but will have to wait until I have the funds!

Good choice and sweet mileage :) I was very close to owning an exclusive, Scarab green is my second favorite colour in the ph1 ;)

Good luck with it lad.

Cheers :) Yes, I do love the colour in the sun! Also looks good under low light levels, as well. Have to say, I'd have a Flame Red if I'd gone for a standard Ph1 172. They look really nice!

Clio 172 Exclusive
Thanks Alex :) Was just looking back over my old 1.2 photos, and couldn't believe how bright it was! Have to say, I miss that colour :( Will maybe look out for a Blue 172/182 when I get rid of this.

Clio 172 Exclusive
I'll have to check out these 216's, never seen one before! I actually like the leather, now that it's cleaned up well, but I reckon Renault could have picked a better colour!