ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio - Ideas for Mods

WANTED Arctic 182
Not sure if i've posted in the right section but here goes anyway.

I've got a 05 plate 1.4 16v Clio in Black. It's a make 2 right?

I really like the look of a sport; I'm only 18 though so guessing insurance will be way toooo high!

I bought this car standard from a renault garage, It's completely standard at the mo.

I've got things I would like to do...Exhaust, suspension, colour code plastic trims and silver indicator bulbs.

I have no idea what exhaust or suspension to go for. For the exhaust I don't want it below the bumper. I would rather get it recessed into the bumper.

What is the best drop to go with suspension?

If anyone has any pictures or ideas to share, that would be great!

Thanks

Lewin

WANTED Arctic 182
pics.

Needs a clean I know.

Attachments

• 6b8f4e4d-6971-42e6-b6f5-d17dabef12e7.jpg
    6b8f4e4d-6971-42e6-b6f5-d17dabef12e7.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 187
  Ph1 172 + Combo van
:)put an rs grill on the list too! where in surrey are you mate?

lowering id go for 60mm it looks perfect imo

WANTED Arctic 182
If I was to lower my car by 40mm, is it better to just change springs or get full suspension kit?

320d
I'd get coilovers and either a 3.5" recessed (cut into bumper) or stealth exhaust.

Wish i'd have got a 1.4 tbh a 33% more power than the 1.2 which is a fair bit.

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
leave as is! it'll be worth more on resale when you can afford a sport which wont be too long as prices are dropping rapidly. by the time you have stuck halfords to your car you could have had the real thing insured!:cheers:

03 RS clio 172 flameR
leave as is! it'll be worth more on resale when you can afford a sport which wont be too long as prices are dropping rapidly. by the time you have stuck halfords to your car you could have had the real thing insured!:cheers:

well said old chap

320d

Fair point and this is the route i am taking but you could then say when you get a sport don't mod it because you can save up and get an RS meggy, then EVO, then Ferrari.......

Reversible tasteful mods arnt a problem imo. f0xy has his car from highly modified to completely standard (bar cup spoiler and colour coding) within days.

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
Fair point and this is the route i am taking but you could then say when you get a sport don't mod it because you can save up and get an RS meggy, then EVO, then Ferrari.......

Reversible tasteful mods arnt a problem imo. f0xy has his car from highly modified to completely standard (bar cup spoiler and colour coding) within days.

exactly. if u is gonna mod then keep your old stuff and swap back and sell the stuff as well as the car.....lovely!!!

WANTED Arctic 182
To be fair I was thinking just save my money and get a sport.

Saying that though, by the time my insurance goes down it will be hard to find a low milage 172/182. I don't really like the new clios. My car is only on 25000 miles. It's a tough decision. Maybe my best bet is to save as much money as I can untill insurance renewal date and then look at my options more.

I just don't like having a standard car!

Megane R26 + 182
I got a 1.4, one of the best thing i done in lower it on Eibach springs, RS Grill and 172 alloys with low pro tyres!

Slammed2.png

WANTED Arctic 182
Wrong pic, this is the ride height!

DSC00148.jpg

Ignore the 2.0 badges, im looking for blank bullets!

How low is that though? How much were the springs?

Also where can I get silver indicator bulbs from? Which ones are best?

Megane R26 + 182
photoshop by the looks of it

Correct it is, meant to paste later photo. :eek:

I think they are sportline, the expensive one of the two if that helps. Got them from Ktec, but there cheaper in other places.

Only droped it by 30mm but made a huge amount of difference in handling!!

Keep in mind standard 1.4 has better suspension to the 1.2's! :star: