ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio, Lowered

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Well, it was dry enough today to be able to wash the car and take some pics. Unfortunately the batteries in my camera died so I had to use my phone camera. Let me know what you think now shes had a bit of time to settle since fitting the lowering springs. They are 30mm Eibach Pro springs by the way!

01022009006.jpg

01022009007.jpg

01022009008.jpg

01022009009.jpg

01022009010.jpg

01022009012.jpg

01022009013.jpg

01022009015.jpg

01022009017.jpg

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Thanks! Im really happy with the way she turned out. I chose 30mm because the car is in daily use and I have to contend with lots of speed ramps :mad: Ive been told that coilovers give an overly harsh ride and with an already dodgy back, I needed to keep as much of the original comfort as possible ;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Thanks! Im really happy with the way she turned out. I chose 30mm because the car is in daily use and I have to contend with lots of speed ramps :mad: Ive been told that coilovers give an overly harsh ride and with an already dodgy back, I needed to keep as much of the original comfort as possible ;)

That's exactly what I thought before I got my coilovers on the last car ;)

The fog's that thick down there you can't see it!

looks ok can you notice a diffrence in handleing im planing to do the same with my clio

im just wondering if it will look better with spacers

Last edited:
  E30 318iS x2
Looking foow mate the Pro lines are nice love mine.

Dont worry about speed bumps, I've never scrapped a single one with mine. Get some 20mm spacers ;)

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
looks ok can you notice a diffrence in handleing im planing to do the same with my clio

im just wondering if it will look better with spacers

Yeah mate, the handling is much much better now. I can push harder into corners now and shes got so much more grip its unreal. Theres less lean into corners and she doesnt dive under braking anymore. The only downside is a slight increase in harshness over large bumps. Highly recommended.

As for going lower, dont forget I have the SX kit on her too!! So, she ends up looking that bit lower again, and I dont wanna have to replace the lips and skirts when they get torn off on speedbumps!!

Im deffo thinking about spacers. What do you guys think?? I was thinking a 20mm spacer in the back and 10mm in the front. Or am I better off with 20mm all round?

White Sti Hatch
Yeah mate, the handling is much much better now. I can push harder into corners now and shes got so much more grip its unreal. Theres less lean into corners and she doesnt dive under braking anymore. The only downside is a slight increase in harshness over large bumps. Highly recommended.

As for going lower, dont forget I have the SX kit on her too!! So, she ends up looking that bit lower again, and I dont wanna have to replace the lips and skirts when they get torn off on speedbumps!!

Im deffo thinking about spacers. What do you guys think?? I was thinking a 20mm spacer in the back and 10mm in the front. Or am I better off with 20mm all round?

SX kit is horrid would look better if it fell off !! :rasp:

E30 318iS x2
Its hardly horrid.

I have 20mm spacers all round. Could pos do with 25mm on the back tho.

I like it without the spoiler almost looks 197 esq

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Its hardly horrid.

I have 20mm spacers all round. Could pos do with 25mm on the back tho.

I like it without the spoiler almost looks 197 esq

Thanks mate! I like the SX kit. I think it makes the car look better, but each to their own. Im thinking about the subtle spoiler from K-Tec but thats a bit down the road for now.

Did you get longer wheel nuts when you got the spacers??

30mm because of speed ramps :S dude im as low as i can go and i live in the country side which as loads ov speed bumps, and as for confort adjustable dampers ;)

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Guys, thanks for the feedback, but heres the thing. Im happy with MY car, so perhaps instead of criticising the mods or the rationale behind the mods just be happy that I am happy :rasp:

Besides, my whole vision for the car is for subtle mods designed to improve the overall look of the car. Plus, Im trying to save for a 197 after getting half an hour driving one about 6 months ago. So spending shed loads on the car doesnt make a whole lot of sense right now. Im never gonna see the money back on mods which is why almost everything I do to her will be easily reversed to leave her standard again.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Is it really lowered?

Yes, it is lowered. To prove the work done (obviously thats the only way to do this) have a look at the WIP pics below. Can I just remind you that its "only" a 30mm drop and that the mods I am planning are subtle. I dont want the car "on the deck" or anything like that. These pics include some before, during and after.

DSCF3870.jpg

DSCF3871.jpg

DSCF3876.jpg

DSCF3877.jpg

DSCF3881.jpg

DSCF3885.jpg

DSCF3887.jpg

DSCF3889.jpg

DSCF3890.jpg

DSCF3891.jpg

DSCF3896.jpg

DSCF3901.jpg

DSCF3903.jpg

DSCF3904.jpg

DSCF3911.jpg

As I have already said, the pictures dont really do it justice, and the car looks much better in person. But let me illustrate something. I am vertically challenged, measuring in at 5 ft 1 inch tall. Before the springs went in, I couldnt really see over the roof of the car. Now I can. Might sound funny, but there you go. Like I also said, please try and be happy that Im happy instead of criticising.

Thanks.

White Sti Hatch
Its CS mate you will always get criticised by folk on here....should get used to it if you plan on sticking around itll only get worse lol

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Its CS mate you will always get criticised by folk on here....should get used to it if you plan on sticking around itll only get worse lol

I suppose theres no such thing as constructive criticism with jealousy then lol. I suppose in fairness, I didnt post any before pics until now so there ya go.

Evo 8 MR
Looks allright like but to be fair though it doesn't look much different, does the end result really warrant the cost of the parts + fitting?

Also, rear discs on a 1.4, do they come as standard?

About the big spacers I hear they cause more stress on the axle and what have you and is unsafe for performance use?

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Looks allright like but to be fair though it doesn't look much different, does the end result really warrant the cost of the parts + fitting?

About the big spacers I hear they cause more stress on the axle and what have you and is unsafe for performance use?

In terms of performance and handling, I would say yes, the cost was justified. I genuinely believe it is a big improvement. It may not look it in the pictures but there is a visible difference.

As for the discs, yes they come as standard on the Mk3 1.4. None of the 1.2 models, at least Irish spec models, have rear discs, not even the 1.2 TCE. The Twingo GT doesnt have rear discs either.

About the spacers, I cant say about the stress on the axle, but someone on here has done it. Mines not a performance car anyway, and she will only be on the track one time, and thats at FCS. I already know about getting longer wheel nuts, so thats sorted :)

White Sti Hatch

Bull...ive had 25mm on mine for the past year and ive not been easy on the car and ive had no problems whatso ever ! !

My spacers bolt to the hub the then wheel to the spacer btw.