ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio Mk3

Got my 1.2 2008 Clio in January and once the cash was saved up from working, I decided to get to work on making it look better.

50782808.jpg

Firstly a new head unit was required to replace the old standard banger:

CAR3.jpg

Secondly I put blue neon tubes(operated by the blue nos button in the above image) under the drivers and passengers seat footwells and new peddles put on:

CAR2.jpg

Then I got renault molded mud flaps put on front and rear:

CAR8.jpg

CAR7.jpg

Then I got a sunstrip and my 3 back windows tinted(midnight) and put a renault sport sticker on the sunstrip:

CAR4.jpg

Afterwards, I got my front lip of my bumper colour coded, and the 2 bump strips on the rear bumper smoothed and coloured to make the car look wider, and then debadged the CLIO badges:

CAR.jpg

CAR6.jpg

CAR9.jpg

Next I plan to lower it 35mm(lowest springs available for my car I think??), an exhaust on either side, new lights then hopefully new wheels later once i have the money. Does anyone have any tips on what I plan to do(eg where to buy stuff etc) or any ideas on what else I could do?

Also put this Renault Sport Decal on

CAR1.jpg

Thanks Calum

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Looks ok, needs slamming, dnt see the point in colour coding the splitter (front lip), you should colour code the side strips and bump strips tho

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Car looks a bit charvy in some places, and the rear bump strips looks shopped. You can get 45mm springs as thats what am running. Dont get new lights. Get a hid kit, white sidelights and some new grills thatl change the look of the front abit. Colourcode the sides and maybe get another colour going on with the diamonds.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Theyll be the same for the 1.4 what makes you looking at? The ones i have are called Lo or something got them of the bay. I dont think youll find any decent brands who make low springs as it makes the ride comfort pap.

Clio 172 Cup
please remove the neon tubes, and the nos (esp considering it doesn have nos), deffinately get it lowered, what about an air ride? then at shows you can drop it to the floor in seconds

Yeah I was looking at Lo ones too but it says their only for the 1.4/1.6 do you think they'll be any different to the 1.2 springs?

I was planning on removing the stickers as soon as the car got a more manly look so once its been lowered, does anyone reconmmend getting sideskirts/new grill/ new front bumper? Are they easy to fit?

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I actually really like the look of the rear. Not keen on the tints/stickers and slightly chavvy details here and there though.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Youve made good progress wasnt looking forward to looking back on this thread thought there would of been a body kit and a set of 18's on by now lol. When you say youve got xenons do you been projectors? The black surround lights. Defo get a the sides colour coded makes a huge difference, and maybe get some silvervisions to get rid of the amber in the front lights ebay versions work just as good.

renault clio 1.2 3dr
Where did you get the footwells from?

Im looking for the silver footwells, anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

Putting new 30mm Springs on today and colour coding side bump strips, pics up soon. Getting 17's for my birthday to replace the standard alloys

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Does anyone reckon a 197 bumper can be bodged to fit standard wings in the same way a 1*2 bumper can? Or is the 197 far too wide? If it can be done mate do that :) have a look at james1470's mk3 tis very nice... Side skirts couldn't hurt as long as they're plain: no air intakes or holes or daft jdm flowing lines etc.

Car looks good though, I quite like the neons :) (14 year old in me showing :eek:)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
need to loose that sun strip, looks 10x better with the side stickers gone and like the smooth rear bumper! 16" dynamique S aloys in silver with spacers will look clean as f**k on that!

Renault Clio mark 3
I’ve got a mark 3 extreme pre facelift , it’s in a dark blue . I’m looking to colour code the door rubber panels and thinking about getting a new rear bumper. Any suggestions.
Could anyone send me some links to the colour coded trim
Thanks