ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio S

Hello, been registered for some time but havn't really posted.

Brought this clio W reg 62K 4 months ago and have done quite a few bits that needed fixing.

Fixed:

• 4 new tyres, 3 different brands close to limit.
  • door sensor replaced, alarm wouldn't arm.
  • new rear number plate, water damage.
  • sunroof handle replaced, wouldn't hold in place.
  • interior handles replace for sport ones, prevoius were cracked.
  • sprayed mirror covers, these were scratched.
  • sprayed front grill, this had deep scratches.
  • new ferado shoes, drum, bearing and cylinder, because the liner came off after 5 days of ownership
  • calipers and drums painted black
Passed its m.o.t last week after replacing a seat belt buckle as it wouldn't lock and release and also a sidelight bulb that did work before the test.

Few pictures photobuckets reduced the quality a bit.

Thanks Elliott.

P1030537edit.gif

P1030900edit.gif

P1030904edit.gif

P1030908edit.gif

P1030910edit.gif

Thanks for the kindness.

Passenger side is shiny also, is pic required? Its not as mint as the pics really show it, hopefully going to get it machine polished and the door dings removed. previous owner obvoiusly didn't care that much.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Think it's often the case - the NW de-dent day last year I probably had as many pulled out as the rest of the cars put together, only Hayley's valver came anywhere near! They're the sort of cars that attract the boy racers I think, low insurance, semi decent engine and a sports badge.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Get to some of your local meets and ask who needs a dent-repair day there & on the forum.
Welcome to ClioSport btw :)

Car has now been lowered on Eibach Prolines -30mm £40 bargain :)

Before:
SSL25206.gif

So i gave the car a good clean including the wheels and took some pics.

P1030920.gif

P1030924.gif

P1030925.gif

P1030934.gif

Thanks for looking.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome. I've got the same 1.4 S and I'm wanting to get mine lowered soon, 40mm =)

Looks seriously clean and tidy, but I can't help think you wasted your money only going 30mm mate.:(

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Mint! Looks like a good paint finish too! Also. £1450 for it?! Top buy!

Looks seriously clean and tidy, but I can't help think you wasted your money only going 30mm mate.:(
Hi, thanks. I wasn't after lowering it by much just enough to notice and still be able to drive places. I drive down some rough lanes on ocassions so being lower would prove a prob.

Mint! Looks like a good paint finish too! Also. £1450 for it?! Top buy!
Its not to bad for a nearly 10 year old car but im working on getting it better. I've prob spent near another £500 on it fixing bits and bobs.

Did a full service yesterday so thats done, only thing to fix is the rear boot light that stays on and won't go out hmmm.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Its not to bad for a nearly 10 year old car but im working on getting it better. I've prob spent near another £500 on it fixing bits and bobs.

Did a full service yesterday so thats done, only thing to fix is the rear boot light that stays on and won't go out hmmm.

Break out the hammers!

I've done 2 neat little mods to the car over the last few weeks. First one was to mount the usb cable out of sight. Cost £0

SSL25239.gif

As you can see below, cable hidden and easly plug my ipod in.

SSL25244.gif

Next solution was more light in the boot, seeing as the nights are drawing in and i find myself using the boot a fair bit in the dark. So i've added a light. Cost £4

SSL25247.gif

SSL25250.gif

Comments welcome.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Man those eibachs make a massive difference. I can't believe what the wheel arch gap was like before!

I like what you did with the usb cable too. Very neat.

Been doing a few bits to the S over the last couple of weeks.

Picked up some Ph2 rear lights for £15 at the scrappy, there where a few scratches to these but some 1200,1500, scratch x and srp sorted them.

Bump strips, grill, mirror caps and rear bumper have all been sprayed. New rear wiper plate replaced for a newer one to tidy that up.

Front bumper is being repaired and sprayed just need a new splitter for it, anyone?

Wash, dry, SRP, EGP and here are the results.

P1040948.gif

P1040954.gif

P1040958.gif

P1040961.gif

Black 197
Hi Elliot how's things mate ?

I spoke with a chap a couple of weeks ago and he does dent removal for all dealerships and prestige garages.. I mentioned CS and that i could get a few cars to be done and all he said was arrange it and contact him with a date/time and how many cars needed doing... He's very reasonable and i think he wants something like £30-40 per panel depending on the dents, If you up for it i'll post it in the meets and see what interest it gets

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looking really good this mate. Colour coding looks spot on, can I ask where you had and done and how much it was?

Ph2 rear lights make such a difference too :)

Wish I could get my "grill" type thing off, one side has been glued in :( (want to cry)

One last question, how did you find correcting the lights by hand?? I want to do my fronts but I'm scared I won't be able to get them shiny enough without a machine polisher.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Lookin' good Elliot !! :cool:

Wish I could get my "grill" type thing off, one side has been glued in :( (want to cry)

One last question, how did you find correcting the lights by hand?? I want to do my fronts but I'm scared I won't be able to get them shiny enough without a machine polisher.

Man up .. :rasp:

weetabix_lifestyle_lr_400.jpg

Hot air gun will warm the grill up enough to pull it off perhaps ? enough to get some cotton/fishing line in there to break the seal !?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Its glued on, on the inside of one of the clips!!! Air gun may be a shout, but if its been done by a garage then it'll probably be alderite so maybe no chance.

P.s I h'actually just ate some weetabix!!!

Hi Elliot how's things mate ?

I spoke with a chap a couple of weeks ago and he does dent removal for all dealerships and prestige garages.. I mentioned CS and that i could get a few cars to be done and all he said was arrange it and contact him with a date/time and how many cars needed doing... He's very reasonable and i think he wants something like £30-40 per panel depending on the dents, If you up for it i'll post it in the meets and see what interest it gets
Hi Ross things are good.

If its £30-40 im definately up for that, i got 4 qoutes and all were £75 first then £50 after that. If you can get some details and certain pricing i'll do another thread as the prevoius didn't get much attention.

Looking really good this mate. Colour coding looks spot on, can I ask where you had and done and how much it was?

Ph2 rear lights make such a difference too :)

Ah that sucks, right pain getting the grill off anyways. Both lights need to be removed to unclip the grill from the wings. Reason why its still off till my bumper comes off today.

I have a mate that is a sprayer so he is doing all the work for me. I just supply the paint, rub them back for him and he does the rest. £25 a bumper other bits mentioned £50.

I removed all the scratches by hand, i was very careful will the wet and dry and used quik detailer as lube. Scratch x to remove the fine scratches caused by the wet and dry then a good polish with SRP. I'll get some close ups of them later.

I will be doing one of my fronts this week as i am off. I will post the results.