ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio :)

30082010308.jpg

3M tape FTW :rasp:

Latest progress is colourcoded siedstrips and handles!

Ignore chavvy numberplates, were a present so gotta keep for a bit!

Nice one mate, i passed my theory 2 days before you. I hope you've booked your practical, theres a 3 months waiting list!

I love ur car i got same but standard, money im gettin has to go towards lamda sensor and some gearbox mount, then ill lower it and spray rims, is your rims standard 15s or rs 16s, also i had to wait 4 months with my uk license whilst car sitting there i was 17 but 18 to drive here in spain, how much your insurance costing ya? And how did you spray alloys ? Little guide maybe ?

I love ur car i got same but standard, money im gettin has to go towards lamda sensor and some gearbox mount, then ill lower it and spray rims, is your rims standard 15s or rs 16s, also i had to wait 4 months with my uk license whilst car sitting there i was 17 but 18 to drive here in spain, how much your insurance costing ya? And how did you spray alloys ? Little guide maybe ?
Sorry just realised they are 16s..

Ahh mine seems to be mechanically sound atm! Yeah they are the 16" sport ones but you have already sussed that :p

Insurance is gonna be ALOT :( whats it like there?

To spray alloys, basically you sand down starting with a low grit and gradually get higher til a smooth conistent finish. Then primer, Basecoat and lacquer essentially.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looking lovely mate, nice choice of mods. Apart from the go faster stripes :p

I know lol insurance is bad in uk, im payin 600 euros here (500 pound), yeh thinkin off sprayin my 15s until i can afford some 182 16s. I want ur car ! Lol

I know lol insurance is bad in uk, im payin 600 euros here (500 pound), yeh thinkin off sprayin my 15s until i can afford some 182 16s. I want ur car ! Lol

Mines gonna be at least 5 times that :( Yeah that was my plan originally but some came up cheap with tyres so i couldnt not buy them!

Loving that mate. Really sets it off with the badges. Bit like mine, I've just put on oranges ones on mine :)

Not many updates, painted my mirrors lime green aswell. Not sure it will be liked on here... but it gets more attention :rasp:

aasdv.jpg

65884877.jpg

Clio V6
Very nice dude :)

How many times have you changed the colours now :p aha
And i think the mirrors looks good, makes it stand out a bit more :)

Passed my test today!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Well done mate!! Did you get a cancellation or somthing to get it so soon?
I was supposed to have mine on the 8th of November, but i had to go break my ankle so is rebooked for January FML haha Whats your insurance like?

Well done mate!! Did you get a cancellation or somthing to get it so soon?
I was supposed to have mine on the 8th of November, but i had to go break my ankle so is rebooked for January FML haha Whats your insurance like?

Cheers man!
Nope, no cancellation. When I checked around the end of July there was a month waiting list, but once I checked after my theory it was 2 months! Presume because everyone wanted to squeeze in before the new test.

Ahh bad luck dude, will soon come around though. Insurance is eeerr £2500 :(

clio mk2 1.6 16v
ouch on the insurance bud! really nice looking car! loving the lime green, wing mirrors look ace! keep it up mate!!

LY R26
not been on here in a while mate so bit late haha... but congrats on the test mate, feels great doesnt it!

insurance is extortionate nowadays, think i read somewhere its went up around 80% since january, i was £923 on my clio in my first year, then that got wrote off 5 months after i passed, and i insured a 1.6 turbo diesel zetec s for the last 2 months and it put me up to fully comp all for £110!

cars coming along mate its looking good, love the mirrors, i done the same with mine but red!