ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
how pathetic are you.

like i said. they said its different for everyone and a grey area.

i rang my insurance company last night to check this. they confirmed it was completely legal and they have even paid out previous.

you can say whatever you wish. my insurance company are okay with it and thats all that matters. not what some pilock on CS thinks.

i wont dignify anything you say from now on with a response because you dont have a clue.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
nice car. i think he means the sub sport replica( same model type as his but with colour coded trim as standard, and a few changes to interior. e.g campus sport) and for the insurance bullsmit, leave it be, no one will win seems as stubborn arse thinks he's right, until the day the insurers go on otherwise.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Its technically legal if he has declared himself as the main driver, since he isn't lying but can still use his parents ncb. Companies that will do it are rare if any now though, I know more than used to do it, but that was 3 years ago now, and were the only one's i could find at the time. Quinn did it too but that was also 4 years ago, and before they went bust.

The colour of that clio is awful btw, as are the wheels.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
+1 . colour is abit strange, and wheels defo need changing to some 15" or something better than them.

Last edited:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Its technically legal if he has declared himself as the main driver, since he isn't lying but can still use his parents ncb. Companies that will do it are rare if any now though, I know more than used to do it, but that was 3 years ago now, and were the only one's i could find at the time. Quinn did it too but that was also 4 years ago, and before they went bust.

Someone with proof to back up their opinion for once. Cheers

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
how pathetic are you.

like i said. they said its different for everyone and a grey area.

i rang my insurance company last night to check this. they confirmed it was completely legal and they have even paid out previous.

you can say whatever you wish. my insurance company are okay with it and thats all that matters. not what some pilock on CS thinks.

i wont dignify anything you say from now on with a response because you dont have a clue.

i think you are the pilock.

on the other hand, i like the OPS clio. Looks good and you got it for a good price.

I think your write in what you are doing and keeping it as it is and saving for a cliosport.

I spent a small fortune on making mine somthing it wasnt, and now i have the real thing you realise how stupid you where.
IMO, wait for the 2.0L mate. Youll love it.

Sam!

Never above 25mpg
Permission to roffle?

To the OP, those wheels aren't doing the car any favours! Looks a tidy car though

monaco 172

This. He did say he was declared as the main driver.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Lol why are people so bothered about his insurance its his choice what he does! Ad love to see the insurance company prove what hes doing is illegal. I do it and dont see the problem, there still ripping me off lol so everyones a winner :)

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
I have one last thing to say, alot of people say insurance forwarding is illegal blah blah and moan at the person. De-cating your car is also illegal never hear of anyone moaning at the people who do that.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Nice wee motor.

I've decided I don't care if some baw heid want's to front on their insurance, so long as when they hit me, my car gets fixed. Carry on.

e92 330i
The main driver has to be the policy holder or its fronting.

Wrong. I work in insurance so I know you can be the policy holder and not the main driver. The only legal thing needs to be policy holder-registered keeper of car. Anybody can be the main driver, it totally depends on the company, not all insurers are the sane.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Main driver
The main driver is the person who is in charge of the vehicle most often, which means they are the person who makes the most journeys as the car's driver. It's important to be honest here, as insurers can invalidate a claim if they believe they have received inaccurate information about the main driver.

If you want to insure the car for a son or daughter (who is the main driver) you must tell us that they are the main driver. When you add your son or daughter as an additional driver you can specify that they will be the car's main driver.

Seems pretty clear to me

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Wrong. I work in insurance so I know you can be the policy holder and not the main driver. The only legal thing needs to be policy holder-registered keeper of car. Anybody can be the main driver, it totally depends on the company, not all insurers are the sane.

Thank god. Where were you when I had a bunch of know it alls waffling bs

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
. The only legal thing needs to be policy holder-registered keeper of car. Anybody can be the main driver, it totally depends on the company, not all insurers are the sane.
Sadly you work in insurance and you're still wrong.

The car can be insured by somebody else as the policy holder who isn't the registered keeper, aslong as they have permission from the registered keeper to use the car. This only applies when there isnt any other policies running on the car as a car can only legally have one policy at a time otherwise there will be a conflict if anything happens.

e92 330i
Sadly you work in insurance and you're still wrong.

The car can be insured by somebody else as the policy holder who isn't the registered keeper, aslong as they have permission from the registered keeper to use the car. This only applies when there isnt any other policies running on the car as a car can only legally have one policy at a time otherwise there will be a conflict if anything happens.

Sit down son. To insure something you have to have a financial interest on it(unless your renting a car which you only have temp financial interest) you can not, I repeat NOT insure something you don't own. The only exception would be fatality of the policy holder OR husband/wife.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Sit down son. To insure something you have to have a financial interest on it(unless your renting a car which you only have temp financial interest) you can not, I repeat NOT insure something you don't own. The only exception would be fatality of the policy holder OR husband/wife.

Son? Hes probably older than you.

new clio, pug 205,
car looks nice i think some sport wheels or speedlines would look better on it then lower it and it will be perfect 60m should do it ;)

and insurence for anyone under 20 is criminal anyway they wanted £4000 for my 1.2 16v when i first came to insure it theres no way somone under 20 can afford that

Tidy car mate, especially for the price. I actually like the colour, think its called platinum or something.
Agreed though, dont do anything drastic with this one...maybe just lowered slightly on nice wheels and a good polish - your laughing