ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My CSL

Turbos.
I recently sold my VX220 after about 11 months of ownership. Although it was great when you were 'in the mood,' it was just too much of a compromise for the rest of the time.

I started to looking for an M3 after deciding i didn't want 4cyls or FWD/4WD. I wanted a degree of practicality but something still 'special.'

After trying a couple of M3s i realised they were too common and i'd want to modify it. So i came across the CSL and tried one, and decided i needed to get one for myself!

They brought under 500 to the country. They weigh less thanks to the carbon roof, front bumper, lighter glass rear and lack of sound proofing. It has bucket seats, BBS wheels, better brakes, 20bhp more and the best induction kit you will ever see! Mine is a bit of pussy version as it has all of the options, adding weight. It's one of the first but has just 14k on the clock. It is farking mint!

I've had it a week and am loving it so far, but it needs front geo worked on. Here are some pics from my weekend trip to Snowdon.

P1040165.gif

P1040304.gif

P1040301.gif

P1040305.gif

P1040309.gif

P1040340.gif

E90
Lovely Robert, lovely, I'm looking forward to showing you in person how to get this round the ring in 8 minutes, keys please.

E90
P.S My mate Mr Gill was running his white one round the NS this weekend , and It has about 2 degrees of neg camber. Get yours sorted, neg camber FTW

Turbos.
Thanks lads.

Yeah it needs more camber on the front. I'm saving up for a spare set of wheels so i can put Cups on, as it has standard M3 tyres.

I have added 1,000 miles in 6 days!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Looks nicer than Ollie's TBH ;)

Hehe. Is it exactly the same as his? Its the same colour, but do you know if its the same spec and creature comforts? Looks great Rob. Bet it cost a pretty penny, especially over a stock M3

:cool:

Looks nicer than Ollie's TBH ;)

Hehe. Is it exactly the same as his? Its the same colour, but do you know if its the same spec and creature comforts? Looks great Rob. Bet it cost a pretty penny, especially over a stock M3

:cool:

I don't have air con :rasp:

That's about it. Apart from mines 'newer' but has more miles.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
been pimping ur skinny tramp ass out again rob? i'm jealous of the car, you're only a whipper snapper!

Turbos.
Its an addiction...

I tried a non-air con and supposedely notiecably quicker... i imagine a bare basics CSL weighs 60kg less than mine?

It has air con, xenons, cd player, quick clear screen, parking sensors. I think those were the only options bar an MP3 stereo.

cock mobile.
Lovely example, would love one myself, if only!

And you certainly want A/C, none of that poverty spec stuff.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Pity these cars are so good. I'd have one down as my next car if it wasn't a BMW ;) Nah only messing, glad you're enjoying it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Awesome Rob, i honestly thought you'd by a 206cc or something! Bein the ghey that you are. :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Why would they give you the option of aircon and other heavy toys if its a club sport lightweight?

Thought it was race orientated!>?

Turbos.
I believe stuff like the stereo were no cost options! It certainly does go against the grain of the car, but then why would you get a 4 seater car as a dedicated track day car?

The CSL was not a homoglation special, it was to test the ceiling of how much were willing to pay for an M3. It failed, they sold 422 instead of the allocated 500. Last few had up to £10k off...

Turbos.
My initial budget was £30k. That will get you an average optioned one with 30k miles. Being such a good car at a dealer with BMW warranty, 12 months tax etc. etc. it was up for more than that, basically.