ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My cup and mates ctr up buxton.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Today i took the cup for a drive around buxton with my mate in his ctr. Since selling my ctr and buying a cup i know the cup was quicker untill silly speeds, and the handling should also be better well............ Speed wise i can pull a few cars length on my mates ctr from low speeds, but the handling Is no where near as good as my mates ctr is on fast uneven bends! it doesn't feel right at all from the back end of my car?

I just could't keep with the ctr's pace on fast bends like i could when i used to own one! The main problem was with the backend bouncing, and not being able to change direction fast enough on quick bends without the backend jumping and swaying. My mate said the backend doesn't look right through bends and seems very unsettled on every corner??

The car was far worst before it was lowered too, at first i thought it was Character but i'm not convinced now!

Does it sound right? or do you think my shocks might be gone at the back???

172 Cup
what shocks and tyres are on it? Evo didnt rate it one of the best handling hot hatches for nowt ;) Mine is fantastic

Chocolate Bar™
sounds characteristic of knackered shocks. on standard suspension my car was epic in the bends through buxton, but since fitting the konigsports its just not as good

BMW M135i
I'd side with shot back dampers first, although mine never ever fell mega planted it was always felt very lively so to speak. My 172 just never gave me the confidence and the planted feeling the 225 does now, it was still a more than capable handler though just personal preference I guess.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
what shocks and tyres are on it? Evo didnt rate it one of the best handling hot hatches for nowt ;) Mine is fantastic

Std shocks, tyres are yoko s type mate. I did notice fluid on the driverside rear shock last week when i refurbed the wheels!! Never thought untill now!

Would that be the case then shocks? also how easy are they to change?? are they expensive to buy?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
sounds characteristic of knackered shocks. on standard suspension my car was epic in the bends through buxton, but since fitting the konigsports its just not as good

gutted

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Rear ones are peice of piss, only 4 bolts to do both of them

Evo 6, E92 320d
I had that problem, bouncy hard ride, took of my shocks, compressed them and they didn't come back up lol.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
You'll be done in under 20 minutes if you've done it before, cant see it taking longer than an hour if you havent.. fairly easy job, The fronts are where the funs @ :evil:

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
You'll be done in under 20 minutes if you've done it before, cant see it taking longer than an hour if you havent.. fairly easy job, The fronts are where the funs @ :evil:

Cheers for the help guys as usual:cool:

Gona try the rear shocks then, as it's almost impossible do drive fast without the rear bouncing and steeping out!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Have a shifty through a haynes manual if not sure, they are the same on all models

I'm starting to think my rear dampers might be fucked. It turns in very well and is prone to oversteer rather than understeer. The ride is a lot more harsh than it used to be, and I'm always mindfull that the rear doesn't seem to be holding the road, especially over ripples and bumps. This makes sense in my mind if the dampers aren't keeping the rubber on the tarmac.

RIP cup, now 172ph1
yeh definitely something wrong! i used to race my step bro in his ctr when i had my cup and was always all over him like a fat kid on a cup cake!:D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^ Depends on your opinion, i'd rather pay £40 more and have the proper ones,

website is being gay for me to.