ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cup's got a new Drive-Way Friend for the weekend

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Sorry the photos are not great...

Any Guesses -

IMG_0510.jpg

My Brother arrived in the car whilst I was still in bed this morning and woke me up with the noise as he pulled up on the drive. The Engine Tone is AMAZING. The car is brand new and only has 400 Miles on the clock, another 200 to put on before it goes to shake down, Its a Press car that will be put through its paces on a regular basis on both the Track and Road.

Its got a 'Gally Paint Protection' © Tape job and Car Bra on to keep it nice and clean.

I did get small video from the passenger seat, nothing special, more so just to show the noise this think makes (uploading at the moment so ill pop it up shortly)

Anyway a few Naff Photos -

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Looks f**king sexy. I'd have one of these straight away if I won the lottery.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Love it.

What's the shakedown thing?

From What I understand as the car is New they first put 600 mile on the clock road driving. Then they take it to the Track and give it a seeing to to make sure everything is working 110%.

I guess being a Press Car you cant afford for any niggles to appear whilst its out on test.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
:cool:

I love and hate seeing threads like this! as it just makes me want to go and hire something awesome for a weekend/few days

2014 Clio 200t edc
Absolutely love these. I drove past a showroom in hockley and had to stop. The receptionist even spoke to me like I could afford one. (in reality I couldn't even buy the keyring at the moment!!) lol

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
He Started on the McLaren SLR Production line, then moved to the F1 Team and now works on the MP4 12C Aftersales & Development Team Flying here there and everywhere to demo the car to the Press / Support the Press on Road Trips, Flys out to places like Dubai to provide Aftersales support etc.

Did i see this on the M25 this morning heading towards Southampton? I definitely saw a McLaren and it had black and blue bits. Looked odd in real life - but better in these pics

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
You might have seen it round that way somewhere as my Brother lives near Farnborough and would have been buzzing about on the M25 clocking up some miles before coming up to London

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There's probably something i'd buy before it but I love it's ability to be back to basics, driver wise and a tech masterpiece at the same time.

Proper job your brother has.