ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my d/load speed

is still cack, wont go above 50kbs?????

spoke to my ip and they say line is fine, what the feck is going on?

i used to get 200kbs all day long before? i rang and they said the line is fine, deleted the cach in the settings ect and still no joy???

Reboot router?

TBH no matter how much you complain to AOL they wont do anything. I was ringing up complaining pretty much every other day for nearly a month as there was blatantly a fault on my line and they fed me the same bull s**t every day, I'd ring up and they would do a line test, and then say they would send out an engineer, which they never did. Complete tossers.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
what speed are you synched at? and what is your bras profile currently? oh and your line attentuation and snr. you might be a fair distance from the exchange. Or you may have had a power surge or the like which has caused a massive amount of hec/crc errors in a small space of time causing bt to lower your profile to suit, happens often

Last edited:
dont kno what the above are fiXX WILL REEBOT ROUTER NOW AND SEE, I USE A WIRELESS NETGEAR ON, ARE THEY NORMALLY s**t AS I HASE MAINLEY BEEN SINCE I CHANGED.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
netgear dg834pn is a good netgear router, you can even fool the exchange into thinking your snr is lower with that router efectively letting you choose your own bras profile :D

186810627.png

what the f**k is going on? im on a 8 meg service?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You've been capped. You must have downloaded WAY too much in the past few weeks/months and AOL have restricted your download speeds. Its because ISP's have a fair usage policy and if you exceed their download limit your download speeds will be reduced. I downloaded over 100gb's of stuff within a few days and had exactly the same symptoms as you. During the day and after 11pm its spot on, but peak hours you will be capped to around 50kb/s or less. Cant do anything about it other than reduce your downloads and wait until they re-assess your downloading. Keep phoning them to request it be lifted.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well that why I was capped. I was downloading everything from newsgroups. They didnt like that. After several phone calls I've now got my speeds back up. Around 4500mps now.

bird made me change router settings and i now have 5kbs better lol,

is a fecking joke, whats a command window????

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I can't get capped, my company are their own isp and i control the network, so i can only kick my own ass, 600Kbps all day long :D

Just thought you might like to hear it :D

Not a Clio
186810627.png

what the f**k is going on? im on a 8 meg service?

It won't be 8Mb, it will be UP TO 8Mb.

d/l speeds will also depend on where you're downloading from and the time of day.

I could run a speed test at 6pm and be on the equivalent of 3Mb, run it at 7am and it will be 8Mb.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
nah you aint capped, that only affects peak times anyway and that still wouldnt explain your ridiculous ping times, i reakon its a line fault, try setting your own dslam as i said in pm if you still got no luck try the bt site to check if you have a line fault, you can do it yourself

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner>ping bbc.co.uk
Pinging bbc.co.uk [212.58.224.131] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 212.58.224.131: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=117
Reply from 212.58.224.131: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=117
Reply from 212.58.224.131: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=117
Reply from 212.58.224.131: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=117
Ping statistics for 212.58.224.131:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 17ms, Maximum = 25ms, Average = 19ms
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner>

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
186841229.png

Is that any good? I'm with Telewest and all i know is a few years ago i went on to 512k from 56k, And I haven;t spoek to them since, I think its upgraded itself a few time though now

Not a Clio
With the large variations you're getting it's probably just where you live, it's sunday and everyone is online.

If you want guaranteed speeds then you need to go with a cable provider.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
mofo. it is aol being s**t. thye randomly reduce and increase your speeds. live with it.