ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My DB RS197.

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
Haven't done so as of yet, so just thought I'd post a few pictures of my 197. Since having the car I've replaced the black wheels shown below, with a brand spanking set of anthracite ones. The interior trims were in a state when I got the car, with the previous owner clearly not taking any pride in it. Had these painted by Excel in Northampton in black pearl, due shortly to have the air vents and steering wheel clip done in the same colour.

On my list to do is to add a cup spoiler, remove the tailpipe trims and add a Milltek back cat system, an F1 front valance ( splitter ) and carbon effect side skirts. There's also a few domestic things I'd like to take care off, as above the previous owner clearly didn't give a s**t, so I'll treat it to a few smart repairs come new year.

Any idea's or improvements welcome :)

IMG_0335.jpgIMG_0388.jpgIMG_0389.jpgIMG_0394.jpgphoto.jpg

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
Matter of opinion, some of my friends like them while others say ditch them.

I personally like them and will be keeping them until I get bored :)

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
Blimey, I didn't realise they did that sort of thing as an accessory. It's not a DIY-tint as such then. Fair enough.

The Renault dealer I bought it from had a workshop and apparently they were done when the car was on the forecourt.

I personally like them, looks stealthy :) I'll be removing the trims though as they were a waste of money!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Them lights cant pass an MOT as the red reflectors arent visible, they look cack also.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Agreed on the tailpipes- they are the single most poxy mod ever to grace these cars-
S

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
Yeah they are ok, them lights, stickers and pea shooters are gash

Lose them and the C L I O badge, and it'll be sweet :)

I'm going to keep the C L I O badge on there, I want to keep it standard to a degree. Tailpipes have already been taken off and eventually when I cba I'll get the lights off. I don't mind the lights too much tbh, but think it does blacken the rear a little much.

Fitting front splitter and skirts @ the weekend :) tempted to put some new rubber on too, got brand new Contisports on at the moment, but I've heard awesome things about P Zero's.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
tempted to put some new rubber on too, got brand new Contisports on at the moment, but I've heard awesome things about P Zero's.

No offence but have you got some money you need to get rid of? Why do you think the P Zeros will be better than the staggeringly good CSC3 (or have you got CSC5, even better)?
Do you not like the way it drives on the CSs?

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
No offence but have you got some money you need to get rid of? Why do you think the P Zeros will be better than the staggeringly good CSC3 (or have you got CSC5, even better)?
Do you not like the way it drives on the CSs?

Money to get rid of? LOL, no.. I've a friend who'll buy the Contisports off me, so it's a no brainer. There was a meet locally the other week and I was getting some great feedback regarding the P Zero's. I've noticed I have to be very progressive on the braking with the CS's. Apart from that they grip well.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Money to get rid of? LOL, no.. I've a friend who'll buy the Contisports off me, so it's a no brainer. There was a meet locally the other week and I was getting some great feedback regarding the P Zero's. I've noticed I have to be very progressive on the braking with the CS's. Apart from that they grip well.

The CSC3 and 5 are rated as pretty much the best you can get now. Funnily enough, I had CSC3 from the factory wtih a company Audi A3 I had and after 12 months, they were changed to P Zeros and I have to say, I preferred the Contis.
Also bear in mind that opinion on a tyre will depend upon the commentator's reference points. It depends on what other tyres they have tried.
I'd stick with them and be over the moon you've got them. Renaultsport rarely fit a poor tyre from the factory.
We occasionally see Renaultsports on here with Linglong and the likes fitted by traders or sellers before sale - pointless for this type of car.

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
The CSC3 and 5 are rated as pretty much the best you can get now. Funnily enough, I had CSC3 from the factory wtih a company Audi A3 I had and after 12 months, they were changed to P Zeros and I have to say, I preferred the Contis.
Also bear in mind that opinion on a tyre will depend upon the commentator's reference points. It depends on what other tyres they have tried.
I'd stick with them and be over the moon you've got them. Renaultsport rarely fit a poor tyre from the factory.
We occasionally see Renaultsports on here with Linglong and the likes fitted by traders or sellers before sale - pointless for this type of car.

I'll bare it in mind dude, thanks :) know where I can get a set of standard 197 lights?

BlackGold 182
ebay mate :) will look loads better on standard lights! is there nothing you might get the paint off of them with?

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
I'll check mate, thanks for the recommendation :) I bought the car from Renault with the lights like that, so they haven't been done cheaply using any tints or anything, the casing itself is tinted.

I'll get some standard lights for it, and as above..I've already took the tailpipes off. I bought the tailpipes thinking they were a little bigger than advertised and was proper disappointed once they arrived.

I'd like to keep the car relatively standard, but want to improve a few things first :)

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
Lights ordered, will be removed by the weekend. Looks like all is in order now :)

This was one of the models in particular which didn't come with the rear speakers, only the grills in the back. So I'm also on the hunt for a decent pair of speakers if anyone could recommend some? I've heard good things about Alpine?

Tailpipes on ebay if anyone wants a link? £30.