ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my dilemma- advice needed

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer

hello everybody! please dont get intimidated by the block of txt below please read and advize thank you.

i have a problem, as many of you are aware i had a slight accident in my car a few weeks ago. This is going to cost me £560 to repair. The Mot is due in a few weeks that what, 50quid? Tax is due at the end of the month thats another 60! and then on july the 18th its gotta be insured! and that well that is £2017.05! now ive saved about £500 since last year to go towards insurance. to help me over the initial stages. but since having this accident iam now at a loose end becausemy car is modified its a b*****d to insure and i dont have the original bits left over so i cant take it back to standerd without spending alittle money. I can pic up a valver for around 2k and insure one for about the same price as the first driver (mum and dad second and third) this will have an MOT and wont require any repairs. What would you do in my situation.

all comments welcome

2004 Racing Blue 182

if i were u mate, i would get shot of the 1.2 if its gonna cost that much and get a standard valver. also i would ring round a hel of alot of other insurance companies cause that quote sound very steep!!!

whether u can affordto sell your 1.2 as it is or repair it then sell it on i dont know, but if u say the valver is the same pricethen i would go for that, seems the more logical option to me mate!

hope this helps ya fella!

-->NV

Mk IV 200 RS trophy

try Admiral i saved over £320 with them, i was with the N/Union.

Oh and buy the Valver.....................!

No question really, 16v all the way, youll seriously love it, especially in this lovely weather.

Im 19 1 years NCB with HIC 1200 TPFT in my name

On the way home from the missus i murdered a zetec s, laughed so hard, valver is a fun car do drive

have ug ot any NCB??! if not you under 21? if so... wont find insurance under £1400 TPFT (and thats rock bottom minium :cry:)

i would get rid of 1.2 and get a 1.4RT or a 1.8RSI

insure TPFT, dont declare mods.

or work on the 1.2 declare alloys and lowering TPFT.

(basically there was a massive thread on TPFT claims, and they cant do anything if u havnt declared mods, if u had a crash.... if it got knicked... well u would only get bak the vavlue of you car at standard - many ppl will dispute this, but it has been backed up by employee of a insurance company and a LAW student)

this is what i have done mate... i cant afford a Valver untill im 20 and have a NCB.

so im gonno insure my 1.4RT TPFT for £500 (thats 0NCB but passplus with norwhich union - no mods declared)

wait till next year and see what happens.

basically though witha 1.8RSI u could do certain mods that would give u a decent increase in performance for what you need anyway. plus RSI i think i got quoted £800/900 TPFT

Revels Mum & Sister

Nah get the valver dont bother with an RSi

Valver is a much better car.

Go for the valver. Full isnt that bad in the valver to be honest mate!

320d

Quote: Originally posted by Zmaster2k on 19 June 2004

lol yeah how far will i get on a full tank?
Approx 300 miles on a full tank - less if you drive it like youve stolen it, obviously it costs more to tax a valver than a 1.2 aswell. If i was you i wouldnt throw any more money at the 1.2, if moneys tight cut your losses on it and get a valver if thats what youve got your heart set on

trust me mate Zmaster, if i could afford a Valver i would get one!

so if you can, then get one!!

but after having my heart set on a GTT conversion or Valver then realising i just couldnt afford it at mo, ive gone for the cheapest option possible, and gonno wait till i can. hopefully soon.

as i said on msn mate, get the valver and try admiral. gonn drive my 1.2 til next march when the insurance is due again and then im going to get a mint valver i think.

Quote: Originally posted by Zmaster2k on 18 June 2004

I can pic up a valver for around 2k and insure one for about the same price as the first driver (mum and dad second and third) this will have an MOT and wont require any repairs. What would you do in my situation.

all comments welcome

u sure about that? ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Zmaster2k on 18 June 2004

£560 to repair. The Mot is due in a few weeks that what, 50quid? Tax is due at the end of the month thats another 60! insured that is £2017.05!

i wouldnt have a car that costs me over 2k in insurance!, but anyway repair and stuff comes to £670ish

and if you go tpft, or as some people stupidly suggesting dont declare mods, if you have another accident you will be in same boat again no?

car is modified its a b*****d to insure and i dont have the original bits left over so i cant take it back to standerd without spending alittle money.

you will only want to modify a new car anyway.

I can pic up a valver for around 2k and insure one for about the same price as the first driver (mum and dad second and third) this will have an MOT and wont require any repairs. What would you do in my situation.

so spending 2k on another car then 2k? (at least) on insurance adds up to 4, (maths genius i am!)

obviously the cheaper option is to keep what you have for a while, cos if you think thats a Bastid to insure, then a 16v will be worse surely? and more to fill up, more to tax, more to repair (when it happens)?

all comments welcome

182, GTR, C63

buy a nova and stick a windscreen sticker on that says NOVATAKIN! like the one ive seen in town. Or not.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Lesson is dont waste money modding as its costly. 2K to insure a 1.2 !!!!! Jeez.

I had a MG Metro for years till I had enuff no claims and could afford a valver. Yeah get one now and pay over tehodds for it. But then some people piss a lot of money up the wall on booze, drugs etc so why not spend on a car and have something to show for it.