ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my euro Clio

Status
Not open for further replies.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Have to say it looks alot better lowered although i still think the wheels are abit small! What size are they?

A long way and alot of hard work to do before its Euro but everyone has to start somewhere! If you like it then keep going with it dude haha

is nice, but i'm wondering, did you nick it, as my brother is a clio breakers and are paying more than that for a phase 1 mk2

i guess there are the odd bargin out there, my bro has a 52 plate 1.2 16v but it wears 182 bodywork etc it's pretty fresh but not my style

Is that the blue one i see around fstowe?

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
tyres look too big imo =/
needs a front splitter... fabia one would do nicely... dewipered with a smoothed blanking plate, colour code the side strips and smooth over the badge ( see my progress thread for how that looks ;) )

clear side repeaters, a set of yellow fogs ( pm clio_stu he is selling a set or if you want standard colour ones ive got a set too ;) )

grab yourself a sport or cup spoiler and colour code it to the car

oh and get some clean plates ;)

Clio Corsa2L Focus
cor therss some nice replys on here LOL....... goes to show that some people seem to have no respect for others giving things a try.... least youve got the balls to try putting minilites on a clio dont think ive seen that before, at least you know now how low you gotta go to get it right, i like people like you never afraid to try, dont let people on here tell you what to do with YOUR car its yours do what you want......... i did.

tbf we cant all drive amazingly clean/ stanced cars but fair play for trying something different. i hate rat style/chavvy cars but this is something different. props to you mate when i first looked at the pictures i laughed. can you get it any lower? its not euro but i hate it when people put a style to a name everyone is different. its euro in the sense that you have gone for small wheels because nowadays euro seems to mean "scene fresh" which has changed alot since the germans started it all off.

clio mk2 phase1
i'm glad the last couple of people are normal people,:rasp:
i see the blue one(which is real) mmm is very nice,
no his is a silver 182 rep with grey wheels, if i had it i'd leave it as it is,

but this car is a low spec banger, for want of a better word, so i thought i'd have some fun with it, i don't want to look like a 182, if i wanted one, i'd sell my land rover and buy one i'm 27 ffs so not trying to make a cheap knock off like most do

i don't want a spoiler as i like the curve of the rear window

dual optics are rank, it's like they employed a chav in the design, they are better than aftermarket style lights though.

it's getting a renault front splitter, not feeling a skoda one (cheap knock off 182) maybe laguna if i have the room, i've only owned it a couple months now, this is a long term project,

but please, all sport owners carry on, your very entertaining.

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Phase 2 rears, colour code the bumpstrips and fog covers, pressed plates, dewiper and set f colour coded mirrors and finally a standard Clio splitter looks fine IMHO looks too bare without one

Do those and should put you much closer to "euro"

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
why arent the fog covers already coded??

and wtf are you talking about dual optics are by far the best looking headlights for the ph1s!!
aftermarkets are ghay, and nonsport headlights are guff

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Nice stance in fairness buddy!

Really looks ragged though because of the lack of dual optic headlights, ph2 rear clusters, front fogs, clear side repeaters, fresh new front splitter... and a bloody good clean inside and out ;)

LOL @ complaining about the harsh criticism, then proceeding to hurl insults at most of the regulars. Give it a rest, nobody thinks you're cool because of it.

The wheels are too small and the bra looks f*cking ridiculous. The ride height is good though.

Mk1 16v brooklands
This cars in te same town as me, and if it's the one I think it is it looks quite nice now and some of you wouldnt believe it was the same car...

If not I'll eat my words and sit in the corner

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i don't want a spoiler as i like the curve of the rear window

dual optics are rank, it's like they employed a chav in the design, they are better than aftermarket style lights though.

it's getting a renault front splitter, not feeling a skoda one (cheap knock off 182) maybe laguna if i have the room, i've only owned it a couple months now, this is a long term project,

but please, all sport owners carry on, your very entertaining.

BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!111!!!1!11..............................

Twingo 133 Cup
Wow I didn't realize there are so many nasty ppl on this forum, give the lad a break. Alright maybe its not very ''euro'' atm but that's why this is called a PROJECT THREAD because its an ongoing project. If you don't like what he is doing the don't read the thread, or be nice and point him in the right direction.
I don't blame him for having a bad attitude with all the grief he is getting. keep up the work pal.

P.S nice lows, liking the camber on the front

Renault Sport 182
Wow I didn't realize there are so many nasty ppl on this forum, give the lad a break. Alright maybe its not very ''euro'' atm but that's why this is called a PROJECT THREAD because its an ongoing project. If you don't like what he is doing the don't read the thread, or be nice and point him in the right direction.
I don't blame him for having a bad attitude with all the grief he is getting. keep up the work pal.

P.S nice lows, liking the camber on the front

+1

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i wouldnt call it bullying.

people come on here far to often with terrible cars, and aweful atitudes. Then the post up their chavy horrible cars on a forum thats interested in mainly OEM+ mods (not because we're all inspirationless sheep, but because we have taste and it works!!) and it gets called bullying when people post their opinions?! how is that bullying?? he came on here and posted pictures of his car asking for opinions, and when he didnt get the opinions he was looking for, and started throwing insults back?!

when i first joined up to this forum, i had an ungodly modified 1.2 that looked horribly chavy, i posted it up on here and it recieved similar treatment... I however didnt take it to heart and turn all defensive because people didnt like what i had done. instead i looked at other cars on here, and realised that they were right and i had ruined the car. i then made it 10x's nicer with a few touches and loved the car so much more because of it!!

this so called "bullying" is the wake up call some people need, and if they dont like/want it, they can just leave and join clubclio!

Renault Sport 182
I know some people a write a few cringe worthy posts but im just taken back a bit when people decend on them like a pack ok hungry wolfs.

Then the post up their chavy horrible cars on a forum thats interested in mainly OEM+ mods (not because we're all inspirationless sheep, but because we have taste and it works!!)

join clubclio!

I suppose if you join without lurking then you're not going to know about the OEM+ taste of the forum. Equally when you first think "clio forum" you probably expect euro/halfords car park/monster stickers etc. I don't think the world Clio conjures up the "any age can drive an RS" attitude, Sachs dampers, Recaro Trendlines, OEM+, 17 y/o to proper "high rollers"

Indeed if you want awful, awful typical Halfords-car-park spec mods then clubclio is your website.

Been on a fair few forums for other makes recently and I was suprised to find that actually CS is in a different league to most forums when it comes to technical knowledgeable about engine design, chassis setup etc (though come to think of it this forum is also brilliant at "identify this fuse" & practical stuff) Look at other forums and you realise for all the moaning and "influx of idiots" CS is by far one of the best mainstream car forums out there.

Renault Sport 182
Im not putting the forum down please dont get me wrong, i think on the most part everyone on here is really helpful and i really enjoy reading tbe projects threads. It ls just every so often i think to my self "that was a bit harsh" when reading a comment thats all. Then a few others join in and i feel bad for the guy on the recieving end. I am pro oem+ tbh and i think its more prominent on the fiat coupe forum which i go on lol they hate anything different. Its all about taist but ive always been in the school of thought that the car companys spend a lot of time and effort in the design for a reason and a car should stay the way is if it looked good when it left the factory. As well changing a car effects its retail value positively or negatively.

TT QS
Wow. What a thread.

Not my style but I'm not driving it so it makes no difference does it lol

Could end up something different in a good way.

Spoze you can use the hate to prove all these people wrong

I'll keep an eye on this

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i wouldnt bother keeping an eye on this, it dried up months ago! and got dug up this afternoon for some reason!!

also, its not the ignorance of people i hate, because i was just as blind when i signed up.....its the attitude of some people when they dont get the opinion they want!! and even when offered productive criticisms they refuse to take it and get very defensive, which is why you always know the threads are just going to end badly!

RS2'd Trophy
sorry mate but that is a crock of s**t! return it to standard and buy a decent one ;)

Oh and one word of warning, knowone likes a foul attitude and chances are it will get you banned.

James

Owen

ClioSport Admin
OP, if your still on here and want to update this thread, pm me and I'll reopen it and clean it up at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.