ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My exhaust is f****d

1.4 16v Clio
Uh oh :p

My exhaust has recently become extremely loud, its not too bad when idleing but as soon as you go above around 3k with a fair bit of throttle its pretty loud, my mate said he could hear it coming form inside his house. lol.

also there's a bit of a rattle/vibration noise form the exhaust but I assume this is just one of the mounts where the little rubber bit has fallen out.

Does this mean a new exhaust/cat etc?

Clio 182
I think the exhaust comes in different sections, jack it up and find out where its blowing from, then replace that part.........could be cat, manifold (least likely), centre section or back box

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dont know the setup on the 1400 but it might be the flexi pipe or nut bolt and spring fitting kit what ever one it has best bet is to pop the bonnet and get someone to rev it and see if the noise is coming from down the back of the engine.

non RS exhausts are actually pretty decent compaired to RS ones they dont seem to corode and fall off as much!

Get some one to put a foot over the exhaust and get your head under to see where its coming from.
On the cheap for less then £10 you could get a bandage, If its only small.:)