ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Experience Day @ Knockhill

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly 1 week ago I attended a driving experience day at Knockhill. I got the voucher for this last xmas and decided to go for the single seater experience (other experiences I could have had were Legends, E-Type Jag or Morgan). The weather for this was sunny and dry but the track was still damp from rain the previous night.

First up was 3 laps in a Leon Cupra (which felt rapid!) whilst being assessed by an instructor:
LeonCupra.jpg

My scores were:

Steering = 8
Braking = 7
Throttle Control = 7
Gear Change = 8
Lines = 7
Consistency = 8
Maintain Full Control = 8
Drive To Instruction = 7
Technique = 7
Progress = 8

Total = 75 out of 100

Next up was the single seater car - powered by a 900cc motorbike engine. These babies are rear wheel drive with flappy paddle gearbox. 9 laps of the circuit was awesome. First lap was a case of getting used to the power, gears, brakes, etc. then getting gradually faster and faster each lap...............needless to say with the track still being a tad damp I managed to spin off into the grass. :oops:

Me or "The Stig":
SingleSeater1.jpg

Caning it up the home straight (pick taken prior to spin into the grass - car was uber muddy after that, LOL!):
SingleSeater2.jpg

All in all this was an excellent afternoon........wish I had more laps as I could have done this all day!!!

I was there recently and it was pretty much just me and the single seaters on track. Those things corner amazingly!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I was going to do the Ferrari experience but you suppsodley dont get to do very much.

That looks ace though, good scores

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
* 3 laps in the Leon
* 2 laps in a Seat people carrier being showing a lap of how to take the corners and a lap of how not to take the corners (quite an eye opener actually)
* 9 laps in the single seater

The single seater session was around 2 and a half hours in total. The Ferrari experience is around 1 and a half hours.

172 Cup
That looks possibly one of the best experience days and it's nice to finally know the identity of the Stig.

I had one in a Murci and it was thoroughly dissapointing, but also did one at Oulton in an Evo and Scoob that was tremendous :)

Octavia VRS
I got this as a leaving present from my old work - 2nd gear aye?

It was between this and the rallying and I decided to go for the latter. Go up on the 21st, can't wait!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

It was between this and the rallying and I decided to go for the latter. Go up on the 21st, can't wait!

you just found your computer again batman?

not seen you on here for years

White Sti Hatch
Ive did the Mini one earlier this year was a great day ! thing was mentally fast round the track !

Also done the rally one two mint fun specially if its wet out !!!

Last edited:

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member

I had a voucher for 3rd gear, probably not much difference between the two of them.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I've done the Ferrari experience at Knockhill (I won it). I really enjoyed it. Didn't find the Leon that fast tbh...in fact, I was quite disappointed with it. The 360 was awesome though. So much grip, and the noise.

Broken Diesel Megane :(
agree about the rallying, bit of a let down.

the single seaters are awesome, but down the straight, just wish they had a bit more power. awesome in the bends though.