ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first 172, but its getting there

Iceberg Silver 172
pretty smart. Simple.

The new domed plates look naff as does the Speedline grafix, should be around the outside lip. I'd be temped to try and touch up the bumper too, bit of touch up paint and some 4000grip should 'improve' it!

thanks for the comments, but I think the speedline grafix's don't look right on the lip and look loads better around the centre Like on the speedline 2118 2128 and 2020's. And I'm gona wait till the spring and get a front bumper respray so not much point doing out to it at the mo, specially in this weather. Lol.

Iceberg Silver 172
Looks nice. Suspension wise, kw v2's. Adjustable damping (can adjust all four from under the bonnet and boot in under 2mins). Brilliant for road use (supple, rides very well) and great on track. Not cheap mind.

Sweet! cheers for the advice I will have look into them. I dunno wether to buy new or try and save money and get some used ones.... Decisions decisions!

Iceberg Silver 172
looks real nice that mate, its come along very well. is it lowered? and what did you use to cut your numberplate down?

Erm yeah it's lowered on eibach springs for now, just till my funds can stretch to some coilys. It just look terrible on standard springs so I had to do sumat till I could efford coilys. I cut the plate with a hack saw and some sand paper!! Lol they came out really really well, even tho it sounds drastic.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Second hand kw's are like gold dust mate. I've been looking for about a month now. People just don't really sell them. Your only real hope is if you find someone breaking a car. Looks tidy though mate, good work.

Iceberg Silver 172
Little update, new rear strut brace, unexpected christmas present :approve:

663546d1.jpg

8e41b725.jpg

and a my new cliosport.net members tax disc holder

e911915e.jpg

Clio 172
love this car and love what you have done to it. :) Makes me kinda sad when i go outside and look at my 1.2 :( lol good work mate :D

Iceberg Silver 172
Just ordered a connect2 ipod connection off mxaudio off here after weeks of wondering wether to change the headunit or to keep the standard one, and im keeping it standard, and i bought a isqueez off ebay for £1.21, free postage!!

may upgrade the door speakers any ideas on the best door speakers to run without an amp??

Discounted 1*2 parts
nice little read, looks great

isn't this iceberg silver though? I've never heard of arctic silver......I thought it was arctic blue??

Iceberg Silver 172
any thoughts on rear discs and pads?? mine are in need of replacing but ive heard its a waste of money buying high end ones for the rears. any thoughts on whats the best set up?

and im thinking of buying some hubcentric 25mm spacers for the rear, any thoughts on the safety of these?? and if they change the handle coz i dont want to lose any handling, but i want my turinis to sit out abit more.

Any help would be much appreciated

Iceberg Silver 172
a quick update really, just fitted a cup spoiler after weeks an weeks of trying to source one, so my standard sport one is up for grabs if anyone is interested, just pm me.

d7a4c80a.jpg

86c6cc03.jpg

Also im still thinking of some 25/300 hub-centric spacers on the rear, but still dont know if they will affect the handling, and im not sure on the safety of them?? any thoughts

And ive just ordered some STANDARD rear disc's and pads :( i really really wanted to go for the HC brembos and ds2500 pads but after much research for the extra money i wont feel the benefit. But this means i can save quicker for the HC brembos and ds2500 pads with brained ktec brake lines for the front :) then i will be happier.

Also be trying to stop myself from ordering loads of random white stickers and putting them up one side of the rear window, i know its a bit euro, and i know i shouldnt but i cant help myself from thinking about it lol