ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first Car-related production!

E46 M3 182FF & 530i
Had to produce a music video as part of my course at collage, so got a few of my mates to help me out with their cars, yes they aren't the best in the world but i shall move on to bigger and better things eventually, gotta start somewhere! Sorry for the low quality, not allowed to use the HD equipment until September! :(

Comments and Criticism Welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
  172cup
Not bad, Hand needs to be a little steadier. Better cars and better scenery it would have been good.
Maybe if you had just used the beach from the start with then sun setting would have been better than Sainsburys. But other than that not bad.

I think you could have exaggerated the theme a bit more in order to take the viewer through a story/journey a bit more rather than just a video of some cars driving. Was the theme supposed to be change/movement/a-journey (A to B, day to night, one car to lots of cars etc)?

HOWEVER given the equipment you get at College I think you used a variety of interesting shots, the music matched the pace and style of editting and it made me want to watch it till the end.

TTRS & V50
Not bad, Hand needs to be a little steadier. Better cars and better scenery it would have been good.
Maybe if you had just used the beach from the start with then sun setting would have been better than Sainsburys. But other than that not bad.

+1

Good effort though, I enjoy videos like this.

its good :) what camera did you use?? i agree that some of the shots are quite wobbly, looks very hand held at times. maybe you could've made your own stand for tracking, with a shopping trolley or something? Music matched the video perfectly :D

I like the speeding up and slowing down of the drive onto the beach, what software did you edit it with? i know some aren't capable of this without cutting the shot into sections

E46 M3 182FF & 530i
its good :) what camera did you use?? i agree that some of the shots are quite wobbly, looks very hand held at times. maybe you could've made your own stand for tracking, with a shopping trolley or something? Music matched the video perfectly :D

I like the speeding up and slowing down of the drive onto the beach, what software did you edit it with? i know some aren't capable of this without cutting the shot into sections

I used a Panasonic Dvx100 for all the carpark shots, Contour+ for moving shots and a Nikon d3100 for some stuff on the beach. The shots are a bit wobbly etc, was my first time getting to use ass the equipment, had a jib and full set of tracks aswell (Tracks have seen better days tho) All was edited on final cut pro :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I think the driving stuff can be improved, but then what can you film apart from them all roaring off into the distance and leaving you on your own ;)

Apart from that, the stationary shots and song are great!

E46 M3 182FF & 530i

As for the cars, it was all I could get, not much i can get my hands on at 17! :( location wise i would have loved to have shot all on the beach, but I'm not allowed the collages equipment on the beach, hence the beach shots all being filmed off the contour on a mount. Think it turned out okay for the first video produced entirely by myself! :D

I used a Panasonic Dvx100 for all the carpark shots, Contour+ for moving shots and a Nikon d3100 for some stuff on the beach. The shots are a bit wobbly etc, was my first time getting to use ass the equipment, had a jib and full set of tracks aswell (Tracks have seen better days tho) All was edited on final cut pro :)

nice camera! :D
final cut pro is my favourite, premieres ok for simple stuff i reckon, you can just do so much more on fcp i found

E46 M3 182FF & 530i
nice camera! :D
final cut pro is my favourite, premieres ok for simple stuff i reckon, you can just do so much more on fcp i found

We have both in collage, premiere never works tho, always crashes! still learning how to use fcp aswell! haha

Nicely put together. As said, some stuff could do with being a bit steadier but a great effort!

From personal preference I'd say that some of the panning shots around the cars in the carpark should be a bit slower, maybe that's just me.