ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first Clio/car !

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Alrite guys. :)

After browsing corsac for 8 months before my 17th , i actually got bored with corsas before i even owned one. So i decided a clio would be the best car to opt for.

Just before my first test , which i promptly fucked up with 15 minors 1 serious, i bought an 03 plate silver dynamique 1.2 with 75k on the clock. Been a great car so far only thing iv noticed is it seems to steam up more than it should , maybe a leak from the sunroof ? is this prone to happen on a car of this age?

Recently failed my 2nd test with 5 minors of which 3 where for going to slow/fast , i failed for edging out at a mini roundabout after i got waved out by a taxi , edged f**king out , could be the most rage iv ever experienced in my life towards someone , the dvla are money grabbing scum.

Anyway i have some shitty blackberry pictures which are gash , so ill upload better ones tomorrow.

Does anybody have any suggestions of what i could do to give the car a bit of a better look im not planning on spending much hopefully get a 172 or similar in a few years time.

Fully expecting a " cool story bro " but f**k it !:rolleyes:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i failed for edging out at a mini roundabout after i got waved out by a taxi , edged f**king out , could be the most rage iv ever experienced in my life towards someone , the dvla are money grabbing scum.

Lol.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because you're new.

But that's not how we speak to people on here.

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
I understand buddy , wasnt meant as a serious reply hence the lol and smile but i get where your coming from spesh being new and all that. cheers

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
csb1.jpg

;)

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Av never ever been waved out on a roundabout. Dont thiink anyone does that tbh

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd give you advice on what to do to the car if I could see any photos of it.

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
It was a mini roundabout mate , one of those ones rarely anybody would go right round , i waited guy never signaled then signaled to go off and waved as id waited on him when i could have went , as he done that i edged forward a touch then went as he left which i shouldnt have done.

Yeah ill get some photos up tomorrow if not tonight

cheers.

Focus RS + S3
Av never ever been waved out on a roundabout. Dont thiink anyone does that tbh

the person in front of me decided it would be a good idea to do that the other day, nearly a rear ender and i wasnt best pleased ;) lol

i would spend the money on 'making it better' on your next test tbh, then spend money on the car IMO

ph2 172
Check to see if either the driver or passenger (or both) footwell carpets are wet, if not. Have a look around the head lining at the front grab handles and sun visors see if its wet.

Good luck with your next test :)

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
the person in front of me decided it would be a good idea to do that the other day, nearly a rear ender and i wasnt best pleased ;) lol

i would spend the money on 'making it better' on your next test tbh, then spend money on the car IMO

Yeah its a stupid thing to do.

Iv payed my next test and im pritty sure it will be 3rd time lucky , got my 18th coming up and was planning on spending some of my money from that on my car .

Cheers.

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Check to see if either the driver or passenger (or both) footwell carpets are wet, if not. Have a look around the head lining at the front grab handles and sun visors see if its wet.

Good luck with your next test :)

Its pissing it down with rain just now to ill bring it in the garage tonight and check all that thanks !

And cheers mate !:star:

Trophy #387
I had two dodgy fails and passed third time :) ... I've noticed a very familiar pattern tbh...

My first test the instructor grabbed the wheel when I had at least 12 inches either side of me, second test I apparently didn't look right at a roundabout (how is that possible?) and i passed with two minors in my third test.

Lots of people seem to get some dodgy fails and then pass third time... I'm sure you'll be the same so good luck!

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
I had two dodgy fails and passed third time :) ... I've noticed a very familiar pattern tbh...

My first test the instructor grabbed the wheel when I had at least 12 inches either side of me, second test I apparently didn't look right at a roundabout (how is that possible?) and i passed with two minors in my third test.

Lots of people seem to get some dodgy fails and then pass third time... I'm sure you'll be the same so good luck!

Aye 17 year old boys seem to get different treatment , many girls in my year in school get away with all sorts in test. In my first one my guy was angry at me from the off because i asked about a turning then failed me on gears because i stalled twice.

Second time was an utter farce , im still not convinced i edged out but o well they need to get there wages payed somehow. But anyway cheers mate i apreciate it.

Listerine & Poledo
Those examiners are tricky types, I almost got failed for "driving too slowly". I vowed never to do so again.

Welcome aboard.

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Aye ok ok i get enough of this gloating from my pals haha !

Took the car inside as its like snowing and grabbed a dodgy pic just as a idea of what its like.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bux

Golf GTD
i failed for edging out at a mini roundabout after i got waved out by a taxi , edged f**king out , could be the most rage iv ever experienced in my life towards someone , the dvla are money grabbing scum.

Tough luck then mate. I had the exact same situation during my test, but i refused to move, ended up sat at this mini roundabout for about 10 seconds waiting for a taxi to move.

Black Sheep
I was neerly rear ended by a double decker bus on the way back to the test centre, whilst going from the inside to the outside lane, The female examiner screamed out and tryed to grab the wheel, really funny actually cause i actually failed on that first attempt, couldnt beleive it when we stopped for the de brief :eek:

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Never do what a taxi driver expects you to do when you're in a learner car (not racism, experience (a) )
they're out to get learners, I had to drive through Nelson on my lessons, every week i had taxi drivers cut me up, wave me on then pull out on me, get right up my arse to try intimidate me, everything to try make me c*ck up! My instructor used to shout out the window and call them every name under the sun, was funny as! xD

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Never do what a taxi driver expects you to do when you're in a learner car (not racism, experience (a) )
they're out to get learners, I had to drive through Nelson on my lessons, every week i had taxi drivers cut me up, wave me on then pull out on me, get right up my arse to try intimidate me, everything to try make me c*ck up! My instructor used to shout out the window and call them every name under the sun, was funny as! xD

Lol, taxi drivers are a race of people now are they?

a low one
Anthracite would look better for the wheels mate, black doesnt suit it that well i dont think.

Those bulbs will be crap, get what you pay for and they will be nothing like HID's lol. Osram Nightbreakers if anything but as youve got refelctor headlights dont buy a real HID kit.

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Aye blacks not too braw at all really haha ! any other colours you think would be worth a pop ?

And aye hence why i never baught them , was going to see if anybody else had them or similar.

a low one
Get what you pay for tbh, wont be that much different to standard colour, i tried a few different "HID headlights", wasnt happy so bought a HID kit and there not even in the same league atall.

Regarding colours, depends weather you want a subtle car or one that stands out? i personally recon anthracite for thoise wheels but black multispokes could be cool.