ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my first clio

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
My First Clio
For my first car I bought a 1.2 Clio campus sport i-music
I have had the car for 2 years and been driving and modifying it (if I have time and MONEY, uni is a killer at the moment) for just over a year, it defo packs a punch for its size

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

First mod was the wheels, I bought some jet 17’’ team dynamics with a set on nankang tyres within the first week of driving and learned the hard way that curbs are not our friends :(

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

Second mod really was the air filter, changed it for a power-tec and now it sucks like a monster, I really would love to change it for a pipercross but haven’t got to pennies to spare

DSC_0009.jpg

After a while my car really started to get on my nerves rolling in corners so I thought it was time to lower my car but still wanting to go over speed bumps as there pretty much outside my house.
I bought apex 40mm lowering springs, their lovely, I did want to go 60mm but bloke at ktec seemed to think is would rub and wouldn’t be able to have a full car.

163819_10150351129515632_815565631_16115192_6102318_n.jpg

Soon after I fitted an exhaust, I went cheap and got an unrestricted universal back-box along with flexi pipe and reducers, it sounds ridiculous but defiantly turns heads.

156890_10150351129140632_815565631_16115184_4476017_n.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

I wanted to try something different with my Clio, and installed some 30cm length leds, I wired them on a separate fuse then to ignition, glued and siliconed to my headlights.

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

That’s about it so far, at the moment i am currently making a custom engine cover at uni and will spray same colour as my car and sort of brighten up my engine bay.
One little mod at a time.

Listerine & Poledo
quit throwing money at it ASAP fella, you're starting down a dark path.

What's next? Underfloor neon?

Oh, and give up making that engine sound rorty, that's like trying to make Katie Price sound bright. Besides, noise is not to be confused with power.

Last edited:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
sorry not too keen on performance mods on 1.2's and the LED's are a touch chavvy i am afraid, if you like it that is all that matters

e92 330i
Everything cs is against lol. Colours nice mate, keep it clean. Rs grill would look good, silvervisions etc etc.

Listerine & Poledo
lol joker :)

seriously now, it's heading that way, on appearances.

your car, your chance to make your own mistakes, just don't think this place will appreciate it.

(It's ok, I'm in a similar boat, I bought a 172 which had stripes on it, so I'm a heretic too)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Not in the grill or super glued to the bumper; they could almost be running lights

Overall I hate them, but if you had to......

they are running lights and there not on the grill or superglued to the bumper, they had there own sticky tape on the back and i had to silicone the front and back so water and dirt do get underneath :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
The LED's dont look to bad tbh. They look quite standard imo.

Alot of the other extras look a tad out of place but each to there own. :)

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Not TOO bad!

Personly I'd say get the pro race 1.2 as you say...

Plans sound good though

Coilovers and 15s will transform the car ;)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
its been a while since ive updated, im trying to find my pictures over the past year. quick summary i got some carbon wrap from 2011 french car show and wrapped my bonnet, found it pretty easy with two people, got no bubbles at all.
clio1.jpg
clio2.jpg

took about 30 mins to do then i spent 10mins with a really small needle popping the tiny bubbles.
clio3.jpg
clio4.jpg

after about 6 months my custom exhaust exploded off, i booked my car in for a supersport recessed exhaust from Ktec, but i had to wait 6 days to get it fitted, so i used Meccano to put my exhaust back together for the mean time.
clio5.jpg

got the Ktec exhaust fitted and ive never been happier with it, it sounds great, nowhere near as loud as my custom one which is good because now i can hear myself think. only problem is ive got two holes in my back bumper from both exhausts so im goin to have to fix that soon.
clio9.jpg

quick clean
clio8.jpg
clio6.jpg

still trying to find more updated pictures of my progress, when i find i will upload them

Grande 1.2
good work mate! I like it! would look nicer if it was real carbon though ;) but tbh I dont think they are worth the money nowadays!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
found some more pictures!!! i got fed up of my black 17 inch wheels, they were awful duno what i was thinking when i got them. i gave it another quick clean and bought myself some nice 16 inch silver Cades eros wheels wrapped in some lovely Yokohama S.Drives which are way better than those bloody Nankangs i had on.
DSC_0251.jpg
DSC_0254.jpg
DSC_0257.jpg
DSC_0260.jpg
DSC_0261.jpg
DSC_0265.jpg
DSC_0266.jpg
DSC_0267.jpg
DSC_0268.jpg

really sorry about all the pictures, im still looking for more photos of my progress