ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first Clio

crashed clio
Have had my car for a while now, but have never gotten round to putting any pics up of it.
so, got my car shortly after passing my test at 17. was pretty much standard, so was a nice blank canvas to start work on :)

first things first i painted the standard dynamique wheels as i couldnt afford the insurance for aftermarket ones.
IMG211.gif

turned out better then expected, and after a few months i re-did them properly. dont have any pics of before unfortunately.
then did the standard sport grill thing, topped off with a carbon fibre wrapped front badge. also picked up some black and yellow sport badges of ebay. we only ment to be temporary, but got used to them so they stayed.
IMG210.gif

IMG208.gif

IMG195.gif

after going through countless crappy lights, and not being able to find ones i really liked, i ended up buying some HID ones from ebay. expensive but worth it
IMG194.gif

Next acquisition was a 172 bumper which was pretty damaged, so i filled it and sanded it down.
IMG20110210_002.gif

then got it resprayed black for a pretty reasonable price, and it came back like this:
IMG20110402_003.gif

Payday then came around, and i decided to get it lowered, so booked it in with k-tec and they dropped it by 40mm and also fitted the bumper at hte same time. i didnt want it to be too low; just enough to look better.
IMG20110404_002.gif

IMG20110404_003.gif

recently, i bought some corbeau bucket seats to go in, so these will be going in very soon, and today i managed to get myself a 1*2 rear seat set up, so this will be going in too shortly.
IMG20110517_001.gif

so that is how the car stands after almost 2 years of owning. the engine is standard apart from a k-tec panel filter. and i have a new rear strut brace coming in the next few days from Earlp on here, so that will be on too.

and finally...a few pics of me out and about
IMG20110524_004.jpg

IMG20110524_012.jpg

IMG20110524_011.jpg

IMG20110524_006.jpg

IMG20110524_010.jpg

IMG20110524_008-1.jpg

IMG20110524_004-1.jpg

sorry if it was a bit vauge, but trying to remember and attribute pictures to things two years ago was hard.
thanks for reading it, and there should be lots of things to come :)

Yozz'd up 182
Take the 2.0 badges off.

Just embarrasing when you cant back the badge up.

Badging up = Nooo

Badging down = Ok

Yozz'd up 182
You can get just blank ones.

I think carbon blank ones would look the nuts on your car

crashed clio
Update: Have been busy latley dealing with the inteior. after buying some leather clio sport seats, these were easy to fit, and look great
IMG20110713_005.gif

orginally, i bought some corbeau bucket seats to fit in the front, but after learning that i would not only loose the side airbags, but also my seat belt pretensioners i decided to try to sell or swap them. few weeks of failed offeres later, i swap my £100 corbeau seats for clio sports seats worth £350+.

passengers was easy, but drivers was a pig with plenty of soldering etc, they were in within 4 hours ish and look great.
IMG20110713_006.gif

IMG20110713_002.gif

at hte same time i got some new leather door cards, just to make the interior smarter still.

next, i got a new stereo with bluetooth and ipod connector, and it was half price, so i was happy
IMG20110713_003.gif

next, got busy witht he paint and the carbon fibre wrapping
IMG20110713_004.gif

IMG20110712_001.gif

IMG20110713_001.gif

finally, got a new custom made rear strut brace, and got painted liquid yellow
IMG20110713_007.gif

got a few engine issues atm, so mods are slow whilst its fixed. am of to mexico at the end of the week, and wen i get back some gloss black 16" wheels to go on.

crashed clio
looks good, but yeaa get different wheels and it will finish it off nicely

yea, my thoughts exactly. got some 172 16" ones to go on. were gonna be yellow, but decided it was safer with glossy black lol.

cant decide whether to go all out and make it a rep, cos i only need front bumper, wings, skirts and arches. or leave as is?

crashed clio
finally got around to replacing the 2.0 badges which were put on as a tester..about a year ago :p
IMG20110714_003.gif

kinda miss the yellow writing, but probs get used to it.

crashed clio
Small update

Finally got around to painting the 172 alloys i bought a while ago, and got em fitted. didnt realise how much of a difference they would be to drive on, but certainly makes a difference.
IMG017.gif

IMG039.gif

and just a few shots in the local gym car park :p

IMG041.gif

IMG040.gif

IMG042.gif

crashed clio
Finally got round to painting the rust coloured drums at the back. nothing special, just something to tidy it up. will get round to painting the calipers eventually...if the rain stays away for long enough :)
IMG043.gif

am looking for any inspiration/ suggestions/ comments on what to do next :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Next, a good clean & machine polish. Makes such a difference. Perhaps some cheap coilovers?

Very nice car mate

Honda Civic EP2
Kick the yellow and get a nice shiny silver imo, it looks a little flat. I like the black wheels but its all a bit dark I think, keep us updated.

crashed clio
Next, a good clean & machine polish. Makes such a difference. Perhaps some cheap coilovers?

Very nice car mate

id like to get some cheap coilovers but havnt found any yet, and as its only a 1.2 i dont wanna spend a bomb. machine polish sounds like a good idea, it does have lots of little scratches on it.

Kick the yellow and get a nice shiny silver imo, it looks a little flat. I like the black wheels but its all a bit dark I think, keep us updated.

cheers for the thoughts, ill have a ponder about making it less 'flat'

White wheels look the nicest on black clios in my opinion.
i wanted to stay away from white wheels cos firstly they will be a pig to keep clean, and i think they'll look a bit ordinary compared to the standard silver. i really want yellow wheels, but i just cant find the right,bright, deep yellow.

crashed clio
Not really an update, just some nice clean pics.
While rooting through the garage, i found an old block of clay that i never used so gave her a good ol' clean. Cue to shiny pics:
IMG044.gif

IMG045.gif

IMG046.gif

and finally, a mirror finish on the bonnet ;)
IMG047.gif

Mk3 1.6
Nice little project :) looks good! Personally id either have some silver badges or bright wheels just to make it shout LOOK AT ME! haha, but i still like it :p

crashed clio
Nice little project :) looks good! Personally id either have some silver badges or bright wheels just to make it shout LOOK AT ME! haha, but i still like it :p

i am thinking of getting the wheels refurbed in shocking yellow, but im not sure whether it'll look sh*t or good.

Mk3 1.6
Chuck something together on photoshop before you decide ;) otherwise its alot of money if you change your mind! Could work mind

crashed clio
Small update

thought i would finally get around to making the car stand out a bit more, and after trying to find the right yellow, i settled with 182 Liquid Yellow paint and painted the wheels! the inside was painted black to make the yellow stand out a bit more, and hides the brake dust sh*t on the inside. havnt got around to doing the centre caps and diamonds yet, but here we go :)
IMG123.gif

thoughts?

TT QS
caps on with black badges and i think it will look good. your brave mate, least its something different