ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first Clio

crashed clio
thanks guys! thought it would be a bit of a marmite thing, but it makes people look and smile so the jobs a goodun'. the centre caps will be done next weekend and the badges will indeed be black. dont really wanna go any lower as i park in an underground carpark at work and the front already scrapes, but spacers are def the next step :)

crashed clio
yes it filthy, but hay, its winter :p
DSC_1532.jpg

crashed clio
Tiny update

got the centre caps painted same as the wheels, and also did the diamonds black. they came out kinda matt black, but a couple of coats of gloss laquer and they look alright.
its dirty, but still looks alright in some of the pics :p
DSC_1947.gif

DSC_1949.gif

DSC_1945.gif

DSC_1941.gif

DSC_1940.gif

thoughts?

Grande 1.2
you need to keep them wheels constantly clean mate!!!! the dirt does them no favours :dead: but tbh it does look different, and aslong as you like it thats the main thing!! i must say i thought it looked nuts when the wheels where black!!

crashed clio
Not a whole lot gone on latley what with uni stealing all my money. whats more, i had my first accident last week after a guy pulled out at a cross roads. insurance company said that it was a right off at the time, but i have since fought to get it repaired as the damage wasnt that bad. anyway, it will hopefully be back on the road soon.
DSCN2107.jpg

DSCN2109.jpg

DSC_4289.jpg

crashed clio
looking good man! im in your situation of 2 years ago (got a standard 1.2) and want to lower her. funds arent around for coilovers, what springs did you use and you happy with 40mm?? but yeah like the look of your car. thought of these http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2004&appid=4 might fit in with the black look lol

I went for the k-tec apex springs. They feel a bit crashy compaired to the standard, but i got used to it after a while, and now (a year after getting them fitted) i dont have a problem with them. the 40mm drop is the perfect height for me, looks good, and isnt too low that it scrapes on everything.

Im not a fan of the lights, but out of all aftermarket lights out there, they are alot better than lexus style ones. I wouldnt fit them on my car, but thats cos their not my taste, if you like them, then its your car and you should do to it what you want. :)

hey firstly the clio looked reallly smart and its a shame about the crash :( the car will look great again once you replace the front end with the sport kit ;) reallly like what you have done with it :D

as a suggestion i would spray the little surround behind your diamond on the front yellow ;) i did it on mine in green and really ties the front end in with the rest of the car and it stands out well :) check out my thread... the car might not be your taste but the diamond surround bit would look smart in liquid yellow on your car :)

heres a couple of pics (credit for pics to paul - harphominom

6864035011_9a9c7bbbe1_z.jpg

6864036023_079f7856ba_z.jpg

lemme know what you think :) but as i keep saying the diamond surround looks a solid (Y) (and apparantly mine was a CS first ;) )