ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first Renault !

Clio 3 1.2 Extreme
Hello all, Recently purchased a 13 year old Clio 1.2 Dynamic as a ULEZ compliant second car/local run about. First Renault I've ever driven (and owned) after more than 45 years of driving ! So far I've been cleaning it up as it has been parked under a tree most of its life and had the usual problem, blocked scuttle drains and damp interior. This issue is now resolved I hope, and after plenty of elbow grease, t-cut and time, the car is transformed for the better IMHO !
Came here after reading frayz excellent Sound proofing thread. I had some Dodomat sound insulation over from my other car, so have used most of it up on the Clio, and it is quieter on the motorway, so another good result, though I still have a bit of the car to insulate. Next job is to change the belts, I've no idea if it is still on the original, so well overdue !
Love driving it, even though it is the base model of the range !
Pete

Clio 3 1.2 Extreme
Belts / waterpump / fluid changed this week. Either 13 years/50k miles old, or possibly 7 years/23k miles old. Belts were shiny and marked Renault, but not particularly cracked. One of the old waterpump bolts holding the lower cover snapped off. Just pleased the job is done, and feel happy to rev over 3K :)

Clio 3 1.2 Extreme
Just passed another MOT with no advisories :)

Replaced the 9 year old 'value' tyres with new Falken 'value' tyres and noticed how much quieter it is on the motorway. Now the engine is quite audible, and sometimes I hear some wind noise. Definite improvement :)

It does everything I need it to do for a second car that can be parked anywhere and carry anything, keeps up with traffic for the most part, and has a charm with its skinny tyres, simplicity and lack of modern gizmo's. Next up will be a couple of new plastic wheel trims to replace the two worst scuffed ones.

Thanks for reading :)

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The pov spec clios are a great no hassle runabout. My dci is the same, park anywhere/carry anything.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
They’re definitely underrated for sure!
Drove my brothers dCi80 Initiale the other day and I was instantly teleported back 12 years to when I had my dCi100. 😌

Clio 3 1.2 Extreme
I'm pleased to have rescued the car as it could easily have suffered badly from the water ingress if left, and the bodywork needed some simple TLC to tidy it up. Only recent issue was a leak after changing the engine oil, but I now know to fit a new crush washer next time ! The low gearing is not a problem on the motorway as the engine spins so smoothly with the new cambelt at the legal limit on the motorway :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The low gearing is not a problem on the motorway as the engine spins so smoothly with the new cambelt at the legal limit on the motorway :)
I notice this with my 1.2 16v, motorway cruising a little over the speed limit and its at almost 4000rpm but its happy and hardly audible!