ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first roundabout drift video!

K20 EG Hatch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O118CjWSlfQ

Well after practising loads and loads on open car parks ive felt confident enough to try it on an island now :D

Not too bad i dont think considering its my first real attempt tonight :p

Oh and its on a retail park thats dead at night time, not in the middle of the town or anythin before any of the goodie goodies start flaming me....

RenaultSport 172
Re: My frist roundabout drift video!

Link is knackered but I still watched it. Not bad mate :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

Hope that was your own private roundabout ;)

K20 EG Hatch

LOL when I was first learning to do this after watchin videos etc I thought piece off piss, lamp the throttle on, steer into it an jobs a good un :) I wish, LOL.

it really, really isn't easy and not something you can just jump in and start doin, believe!

braver man than me...! first go seemed too quick, had a brown pants moment for you lol.

Mustang, S13, AX GT

LOL when I was first learning to do this after watchin videos etc I thought piece off piss, lamp the throttle on, steer into it an jobs a good un :) I wish, LOL.

it really, really isn't easy and not something you can just jump in and start doin, believe!
I agree, I tried it in the S13 on a car park (11pm, empty retail park) and it just wasn't as easy as it looks lol. Not tried it again since, I think I'll stick to learning to drive track style instead.

A4 Avant

Just be careful, the police are cracking down on people posting videos on you tube of them mucking around on public roads. Especially as it wouldn't be difficult to find you from your youtube name.

I'd love to have a go though and can imagine it's not as easy as it looks!

P

phill172

i want my S14 back! i really miss arse out action

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora

making me want a S2000 even more..
had a go at it in a mx5 once and ended up facing the wrong way before i could do anything... not easy but fun :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

1st gear???

my 2 way diff made it sooo much easier to drift lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

added u to msn...

oh btw s2000's drift FINE lol
0702_ht_09_z+formula_d+rsr_s2000_drift.jpg

130_0702_06_z+formula_d_round_7+tyler_McQuarries_rsr_honda_s2000.jpg

whats low down torque gotta do with it... i have never ever ever heard a drift car going around a corner at 2krpm lol infact most of the time they are banging off the limiter lol

s2000 has a similar length wheel base as a ae86... they drift fine...

mr ben r even stuck a s2000 lump in a ae86... that drifts well too i have seen proof lol

Thats professional drifting where you got space and safety to clutch kick and handbrake turn.

200s only need a touch of boost to get the wheelspinning and start drifting.AE86s drift buy driving fast into bends. and a s2k engine in a ae86 works because the hachi is so light so ner LOL.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
you can clutch kick anywhere... u can handbrake wherever lol... if your brave enough, you can spin the wheels in a s2000 with the throttle...

1998 BMW e46 323i
I had 4 passengers in my old e36 320i when I did my first controlled power oversteer,.. Was easier than I thought it would be and really predictable.

I've never lift-off oversteered in my Clio. Anyone done this to good effect?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ indeed!

I know the owner of Trampdrift and they are getting all the s**t for it, especially when there is no black bmw known with trampdrift on the site!

all a fuss over nothing, although the fact this vid shows other road users is a bit stupid to be honest, coupled with this thread and all the pics of your car Dan you are ripe for a hammering to be honest, get it off asap and say no more about it.